✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[1-Jul-2014] Royal Albert Hall, London, UK

Jenjie

But amazon presale with code is taking place on seetickets right ? Not gigsandtours...

Maybe subscribers to the Coldplay newsletter will receive a code in addition to the link already received?

see tickets and gigs and tours are the same company i believe

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are tickets so expensive? Like seriously? Are Coldplay trying to rob their fans?

Coldplay (as in Chris Jonny Guy Will and Phil) don't set the prices, organizer sets it (or someone else, not sure)

Why are tickets so expensive? Like seriously? Are Coldplay trying to rob their fans?

it definitely IS expensive... Paris and Cologne were like 80-90 ... here we have 70-90 GBP - approx. 100-130 € if I'm calculating correctly..and Boxes were 130 GBP, which would be like ca. 200 €... hahaha ridiculous..

Well, but is it Coldplay, so a definite must-see..hrmpf

one reason is people are not buying albums anymore... which means less money for the band. After the record label gets a huge chunk of what the album makes, plus the producers, mixers, etc, there isnt alot left for the band.

When it comes to doing a tour, they have to pay the promoter (gigs and tours), the venue, the lights and sound equipment, the roadies and backstage crew. And due to inflation the promoter and venue increase their prices which means coldplay need to charge that bit more.

If people just paid for more albums they i think it would be less then what they are charging at the moment. (not a whole lot less though)

it definitely IS expensive... Paris and Cologne were like 80-90 ... here we have 70-90 GBP - approx. 100-130 € if I'm calculating correctly..and Boxes were 130 GBP, which would be like ca. 200 €... hahaha ridiculous..

Well, but is it Coldplay, so a definite must-see..hrmpf

Well, maybe it'll be easier to get the tickets due to the cost, but that isn't something to be proud of. Why should someone with an extra £40 get a better seat? Why not make it like a stadium tour... £45 shouldn't mean the worst place, it should all be equal. Not the rich peeps at the front (which I can only assume they will be).

Well, maybe it'll be easier to get the tickets due to the cost, but that isn't something to be proud of. Why should someone with an extra £40 get a better seat? Why not make it like a stadium tour... £45 shouldn't mean the worst place, it should all be equal. Not the rich peeps at the front (which I can only assume they will be).

in america i know the band keep the first few rows free and take random fans from the back and bring them to the front

in america i know the band keep the first few rows free and take random fans from the back and bring them to the front

Doesn't that cause even more problems? I'm quite annoyed really. We're waiting for tickets, thinking it's based on ONLY luck and determination waiting up at 9.30, but now there is a price factor in there.

Doesn't that cause even more problems? I'm quite annoyed really. We're waiting for tickets, thinking it's based on ONLY luck and determination waiting up at 9.30, but now there is a price factor in there.

The price factor has always been there though :s

They can also put a price factor in stadium tour gigs. On the MX tour there was a golden circle, which were standing tickets right in front of stage. And there's the economic rule, demand sets the price...

They can also put a price factor in stadium tour gigs. On the MX tour there was a golden circle, which were standing tickets right in front of stage. And there's the economic rule, demand sets the price...

Hmm, at the ethiad there wasn't anything like that