✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

NBC DVD SPECIAL TRAILER! (May 18, 2014)

johnpham2014

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dianne, I was curious if you were present at the filming the night Chris' family was at the taping. If so, at the end of ASFOS Chris looks deliberately into the crowd and points at his eye, his love pin and then points outward as if to say "I love you. I was wondering if that was directed at his family.

What about their cool older fans? Lol. I'm on a plane so I can't watch for a few more hours but I'm dying to saw what they did with the shows I was at!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dianne, I was curious if you were present at the filming the night Chris' family was at the taping. If so, at the end of ASFOS Chris looks deliberately into the crowd and points at his eye, his love pin and then points outward as if to say "I love you. I was wondering if that was directed at his family.

They actually filmed 3 shows and edited them together. And then performed a 4th show with no cameras. I was at the "crowd reaction" show. Seems they did one show that was focused on the bands another show for effects and then the show for the crowd. I think Geyneth and the kids were there Friday night and I was there Saturday night.

Yup, not working. Says its blocked.

Are you watching on a mobile device or a computer? There's an option for people who upload to not allow videos to be played on mobile devices. Maybe that's why? The uploader can go into options on YouTube and change the settings.

They did crowd reactions at both shows. They had a separate crew just taping peoples faces in both shows. Main difference between Friday and Saturday show was on Friday night there was an annoying moving camera on a rail around the stage - they thankfully removed that for Saturday :)

Wow I really found a connection with this special . Ghost stories is meant to have a visual , oceans was like ripped a heart out . This man has poured everything he is into this line up of songs .. I really think this was a job well done it just wasn't long enough and well commercial breaks suck .

The footage they shot for Oceans may be cheesy or unoriginal, but you know...I absolutely loved it. Chris poured his heart and soul into that track, and it really showed. Speaking of which, I would love to have the video for Oceans! I am dying to make gifs for my tumblr. I can't wait to rewatch the entire thing — bravo Coldplay!

Turned off the TV after Clocks because I couldn't deal with all these commercials.

Now I come on CPing and hear there's no Midnight. WTF IS THAT. <-- they used Midnight in the preview for the special and it's not on there?!

I hope the DVD comes true...otherwise I'll be megadisappointed.

Hoping for a DVD too which should including more tracks and will have zero ads-YES! As for Midnight I wonder if whoever decides these things(NBC,The director,the band?) thought the song was too "out there" for U.S broadcast tv? Of course that's not the case for the fans and seeing the light harp (is that's what it's called?) could have been amazing for them to show such a large audience. I happen to love the song but have to say the video isn't my thing and I much prefer the album and live versions.

sky arts says the full album will be played with some of the band's "hits"

We've got some very exciting news for Coldplay fans.

The UK television premiere of Coldplay: Ghost Stories, will be broadcast on Sky Arts HD on Monday 19th May at 9.30pm.

This will be an exclusive concert featuring the band performing their forthcoming album alongside several classics, and will be broadcast on the same day as the band's eagerly anticipated sixth album, Ghost Stories, is released worldwide.

Filmed by Grammy-nominated director Paul Dugdale (Adele, Rolling Stones), the film was recorded in a custom-built amphitheatre in front of an audience of 800 fans. The show blends a unique in-the-round performance from the band with cinematic vignettes and immersive 360-degree projections.

The broadcast will include performances of all nine tracks on the new album: Always in My Head, Magic, Ink, True Love, Midnight, Another's Arms, Oceans, A Sky Full of Stars, O; and a collection of the band's most memorable songs including Clocks, Viva La Vida and Paradise.

Chris Martin, Guy Berryman, Jonny Buckland and Will Champion will also feature in an exclusive interview programme Coldplay: Making Ghost Stories at 9pm.

The programme provides insight into the creation of the album and the recording of the show. It will form part of a night of programming on Sky Arts dedicated to the band.

source; http://www.sky.com/tv/show/coldplay-ghost-stories/article/exclusive-coldplay-concert