✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Sky Full Of Stars - Music Video

MrMilanista

i highly doubt this is the only video.. think about it, not even the whole song is covered you know.. look at the last 10 secs, the song barely finishes. everything feels so hurried. that being said, i like it. it's all about silly fun. couldn't help the goofy grin i had the whole time.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The filming of this video is incredibly amateur.... :thinking:

But I do think that this is just a 'nice thing for the fans' until the actual official beautifully filmed TV worthy version comes out.

One can hope, anyway.

I generally really like simple music videos. I mean look at Yellow's video. Beautiful.

But this one is just... lacking something.

The video was literally the most crowd-pleasing thing. Awww. Cute. That's all I have to say.

Oh, yeah, and Chris' biceps. :dazzled:

Totally agree, but it seems like a alternative version. that Target commercial could work better as a videoclip...

So cute when Jonny and Guy looking to see if they were bumping into Chris and Will :p

BTW, Chris should wear tank tops more often :rolleyes:

I don't think i'm important enough for ppl to closely follow what I say, but I made a fuss with the Magic mv about several things. Some of those things that irked me were how only Chris showed up and how Chris/management felt Chris had to be an 'actor'.

The ASFoS mv is an example (conceptually) of how I wish mvs would go. The ENTIRE band show up, no need to act (again, let the actors act, let the singers sing), and just a genuine feel in the final product. I get that the production quality was lacking (shaky cams, shoddy editing and all), but at its core, the video is just the band playing for some fans, y'know, what they actually know how to do and what they do best!

Guest kmm1482
I don't think i'm important enough for ppl to closely follow what I say, but I made a fuss with the Magic mv about several things. Some of those things that irked me were how only Chris showed up and how Chris/management felt Chris had to be an 'actor'.

The ASFoS mv is an example (conceptually) of how I wish mvs would go. The ENTIRE band show up, no need to act (again, let the actors act, let the singers sing), and just a genuine feel in the final product. I get that the production quality was lacking (shaky cams, shoddy editing and all), but at its core, the video is just the band playing for some fans, y'know, what they actually know how to do and what they do best!

I also prefer their performance music videos more than the story ones. my favorite Coldplay videos are Shiver, Clocks and Speed of Sound

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

INCOMING OPINION

Come to think of it, I may even go as far as to say they've gotten worse at making videos (generally speaking, there are exceptions to this)! I think Yellow, Don't Panic, Trouble, The Scientist were pretty good MVs. The Hardest Part (the weirdness), Violet Hill (the hammer and the magnifying glass), Viva la Vida (MV did not match the song in greatness), Magic (acting) were not.

INCOMING OPINION

Come to think of it, I may even go as far as to say they've gotten worse at making videos (generally speaking, there are exceptions to this)! I think Yellow, Don't Panic, Trouble, The Scientist were pretty good MVs. The Hardest Part (the weirdness), Violet Hill (the hammer and the magnifying glass), Viva la Vida (MV did not match the song in greatness), Magic (acting) were not.

I agree with absolutly everything you've just written. EVERYTHING. I was wondering if I should it write myself, but then decided against it because I didn't want to start a discussion.

They really are going downhill, aren't they? :/

I love Matt Whitcross and the videos Coldplay have done together - especially what they did for Paradise, Lovers In Japan... and I like the street vibe visual for the song - but this song is so epic and grand - heavenly and outer space kind of hit, or at least something to do with a sky full of stars - I could come up with some really great ideas for them to make a legit music video that captures the out of this world nature of this song. I am bit disappointed to be honest - it's nice, but not the right fit for this majestic song. They could have incorporated fans into the video by being out in a field under the sky full of stars - I'm sure there are some amazing sky full of stars there in the outback, and across the world. The title itself is such a beautiful visual (e.g. the visual animation of the cover art) - ahhhhh, was hoping for more... but it the official video (I wonder if they would do a second one like they did with Viva - that is more in line with EDM aspect of the song and an actual sky full of stars) -

I agree with absolutly everything you've just written. EVERYTHING. I was wondering if I should it write myself, but then decided against it because I didn't want to start a discussion.

They really are going downhill, aren't they? :/

Thank fuck, at least someone agrees lol. I thought we were approaching the stage where fans see the band as doing no wrong and everything they do is perfect. Iunno, my view that they dont'/aren't making great videos anymore doesn't change how I feel about the band as musicians. So they aren't strong at making videos, big hairy deal. I didn't choose to follow the band for that anyways.

my view that they dont'/aren't making great videos anymore doesn't change how I feel about the band as musicians. So they aren't strong at making videos, big hairy deal. I didn't choose to follow the band for that anyways.

My neither, I couldn't care less about MVs, it's just that I get excited when there's coming a new one from a BIG BAND that has A LOT OF MONEY and EPIC SONGS with A LOT OF CINEMATIC POTENTIAL and all we get is shaky cam and blurry images meurgh :shrug:

There's this one fan made video for We Never Change that is truly beautiful, but also very simple. It fits perfectly for the song. It seems it has been taken down from Youtube, but I've got it saved on my hard drive. I really want to post it though, damn! Maybe I can find it somewhere else on the internet *googles*

come on it's not all bad of late.. well at least up until viva era. how can you forget strawberry swing and life in technicolor ii? those are two of the best videos. and i like paradise as well. and the band can't keep doing similar performance videos all the time. there has to be a mix, otherwise it would get too boring too quickly.

There's this one fan made video for We Never Change that is truly beautiful, but also very simple. It fits perfectly for the song.

Sometimes these fan made vids that truly translate the song into pictures, here's an example:

[video=youtube;lmMx-6_kt0w]

the band loved and considered it as the official mv :smug:

Sometimes these fan made vids that truly translate the song into pictures, here's an example:

[video=youtube;lmMx-6_kt0w]

the band loved and considered it as the official mv :smug:

Wow that is really professionally made! :stunned:

^ and yeah, the Strawberry Swing one is very nice! But it's again just Chris centered :(

come on it's not all bad of late.. well at least up until viva era. how can you forget strawberry swing and life in technicolor ii? those are two of the best videos. and i like paradise as well. and the band can't keep doing similar performance videos all the time. there has to be a mix, otherwise it would get too boring too quickly.

I tried to emulate that in my comment. There are certainly good videos in the more recent eras. But generally, I see the best videos in the repertoire as being in the first half of this band's existence.

And regarding performance videos and it losing its charm after time; I can definitely see that as a possibility. But it doesn't have to be all like that anyways. If they wanna tell a story, like in Magic, hire some actual actors to play it out, like in GPaSUYF.