✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Sky Full Of Stars - Music Video

MrMilanista

wHY THE FUCK

DID THEY SCRATCH THIS ONE

WHY

WHY

it't the perfect blend of the Clocks video, the short commercial song of Viva with all the colours everywhere, and the epicness of the freaking space and stars and all that.

Can't wait to get the HD version somewhere to drool over these fancy shmancy graphics Chris is doing his dancing on AHHH

Where did you guys find the video anyway? :surprised:

And all the nice shots of the ENTIRE band!

oh and

uhhh

epic beard on Will is epic :wideeyed:

Beard_slap.gif

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it't the perfect blend of the Clocks video, the short commercial song of Viva with all the colours everywhere, and the epicness of the freaking space and stars and all that.

Can't wait to get the HD version somewhere to drool over these fancy shmancy graphics Chris is doing his dancing on AHHH

couldn't agree more :dazzled:

wHY THE FUCK

DID THEY SCRATCH THIS ONE

WHY

WHY

Where did you guys find the video anyway? :surprised:

And all the nice shots of the ENTIRE band!

oh and

uhhh

epic beard on Will is epic :wideeyed:

Beard_slap.gif

THIS IS, pretty much, WHAT I JUST SAID

It's so funny how a vid can guide your perception of a song. I feel like I am more in love with the song now with this new vid than the previous one.

I feel the same exact way. And this is literally how I pictured the video would be and was a little bummed out when it wasn't. Don't get me wrong, I love the official one, but this is just amazing. Makes me appreciate the song and want to jump around even more! :dance:

I thought the official ASFOS video is one a band would make for a "lesser" single. Usually bands only do that live style for a small-release single. ASFOS was made for the original! There are seconds in the video that I could see Chris wanting to redo but the original is mostly fantastic! Reminiscent of the VLV commercial :D.

Other than the kind of cheesy Chris flying part which looked kind of awkward, I think this music video is far more fitting to the music and is really quite lovely all the same. The street march is fun, but would have been far more charming for another song, maybe one in which they were ACTUALLY PLAYING the instruments that they are toting around instead of fake strumming while heavy synths are the only thing really distinguishable.

Ahh, this was exactly the music video I imagined Coldplay would do when I first heard this song. It's similar in ways to Speed of Sound, and maybe they didn't want the video to feel generic. At the same time, they may have missed the crowd energy that the song can bring, and felt that needed to be expressed as it was in the official video. I like elements of both, but this alternate video is exactly what I imagined, and I do really like it.

What a shame! You really have to wonder who makes these decisions. A huge error on the part of the band if they collectively agreed to not use this.

I think alot of it is how chris says they have been sticking to their guts. They probably had a certain feeling about the song (which was obviously lighter) and this one was too serious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
Both videos are great, I prefer this alternate version because it compliments the song very well. It has a certain charm about it and reminds me a bit of the Viva La Vida iTunes advert.

Exactly what I thought too. I could have really seen this as an ad for the song on iTunes.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I prefer the original video. This one looks amazing but is repetitive.

Agreed. At first I was like "wow why didn't they use this?!" But then I realized that about halfway through it stopped being interesting because it was just repeating what had happened in the first half of the video.

• 2 months later...