✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Sky Full Of Stars - Music Video

MrMilanista

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol I feel like people think it's cool to accuse Coldplay of "stealing" things

of course. it is an international sport. this local unknown band would be riding their 5-minute fame to the max.

OH people!!!!!! this music video has only 513,378 viewers since 1,5 years. I'm pretty sure that Coldplay watched their video and stole it (*sarcasm*)

ASFOS music video is great! Also it reminded me The Verve's Bitter Sweet Symphony music video. I think they might inspired from that video :D

^At least the band themselves don't sound like they're going to launch a giant lawsuit... :)

I enjoyed the video but I don't think it's a masterpiece the way The Scientist, Strawberry Swing, Life in Technicolor ii, or Paradise nor of the generally high quality of Lovers in Japan, Midnight, Magic, and ETIAW. For me it's about on the level of Yellow or Fix You - marginally unique but not wildly enjoyable like some other Coldplay videos. I think the video was trying to be charming but wasn't charming enough - there isn't enough ridicule from the one-man-band implements (they could've done this video without that stuff and it'd feel the same), and there isn't enough oozing joy or swagger from Guy/Jonny in that one walking scene.

The TVs look like they're playing something similar to the GS TV Special but here's to hoping there's a second video of a more epic nature - I would've enjoyed something like the Target video because I think that's what ASFOS is about - getting lifted up. This video instead would've made more sense for a song like Ink perhaps.

Agreed ink would have been a way better choice :P

^At least the band themselves don't sound like they're going to launch a giant lawsuit... :)

I enjoyed the video but I don't think it's a masterpiece the way The Scientist, Strawberry Swing, Life in Technicolor ii, or Paradise nor of the generally high quality of Lovers in Japan, Midnight, Magic, and ETIAW. For me it's about on the level of Yellow or Fix You - marginally unique but not wildly enjoyable like some other Coldplay videos. I think the video was trying to be charming but wasn't charming enough - there isn't enough ridicule from the one-man-band implements (they could've done this video without that stuff and it'd feel the same), and there isn't enough oozing joy or swagger from Guy/Jonny in that one walking scene.

The TVs look like they're playing something similar to the GS TV Special but here's to hoping there's a second video of a more epic nature - I would've enjoyed something like the Target video because I think that's what ASFOS is about - getting lifted up. This video instead would've made more sense for a song like Ink perhaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Ink becomes a single, I see a video closer to Strawberry Swing or Life In Technicolor II, something more artistic.

LMAO

As if this was the first video like this.

And I agree with people saying this is their worst video.

The Hardest Part was weird but at least it was memorable.

Yellow was simple but amazing and touching. Great performance by Chris.

hope that line is a joke, we've spent pages and pages on this forum complaining about Target only selling it to USA and not being a international store... LOL

back to ASFOS, I'm glad that they didn't do David Guetta/Avicii-like and the reason that there's no mention (visually, except that quick koala scene) of Australia is that it could happen anywhere in the world :)

Wasn't meant as a joke, just missed the postings and am surprised Target isn't an international company. Promise to be better about do my homework next time! :)

Wasn't meant as a joke, just missed the postings and am surprised Target isn't an international company. Promise to be better about do my homework next time! :)

Well, if Coldplay had chosen Walmart, for example, we in Latin America would have a chance to buy it in stores :p

Fun vid and the more I listen to ASFOS the more it makes a good "Happy" song...I say we get other bands or musicans to walk the streets everywhere, in every country and play this song out loud to people, walk the streets and love them the way Coldplay love their fans..

Chris looks so happy, not sure about the others..:laugh4: wearing all the gear...maybe meant to show how much this band has it all together. :)

i know i can get a lot of hate for what i'm about to say but coldplay are going downhills,midnight video isn't that great either,the album gets boring after a few listens,not that bad, but considering what quality coldplay can deliver its just shit,i hope they go back to their roots and be more creative in making songs and music videos

i know i can get a lot of hate for what i'm about to say but coldplay are going downhills,midnight video isn't that great either,the album gets boring after a few listens,not that bad, but considering what quality coldplay can deliver its just shit,i hope they go back to their roots and be more creative in making songs and music videos

Well I don't agree about the shit part but with the general vibe of your comment. They can do better.

Now let us shower in the incoming hate HAHAH :dance:

Well I don't agree about the shit part but with the general vibe of your comment. They can do better.

Now let us shower in the incoming hate HAHAH :dance:

Not gonna hate or anything, I very much respect his opinion.

Doesn't mean I agree with the idea of the band going back to playing Parachutes and The Blue Room and the Safety EP for all their lives instead of evolving their sound and giving us different things though.

They are doing pretty good, at least better than MX era. Only thing I actually dislike about this album is the lack of tour. Imo, Ghost Stories worldwide tour, and boom it's up there with AROBTTH as long as they leave paradise out.

I agree with the music video part, but not the music. Personally, I do like Mylo Xyloto better than Ghost Stories, but that's because I prefer upbeat songs like Charlie Brown or DLBYH as opposed to Oceans, which I'm not that fond of, but from an objective point of view, GS is not lower quality than MX or any of the other Coldplay albums. The music videos are not made by Coldplay so the directors' word counts just as much as the boys', I suppose. I don't really see though why ASFOS has turned out like this, I would have preferred something higher scale, like the Target video or the Ghost Stories special. With the lack of a world tour, somehow this fan-centred video does not seem that honest, but maybe it's just the envy speaking out of me :)

From all 3 videos (Paradise, Charlie Brown, ASFOS) which are made by Mat Whitecross, this one is my most favourite. I really expected worse video for this song. And it makes me like the song a little bit more. :wacky:

I liked the video, specially the last part when they go up in the platform and the crowd starts singing along, that was my favourite part but i also think that the version on the TV looks soooo much better and it would be a better fit with the vibe of the song, i would love to see a street-walking/busking video for Ink for example but not for ASFOS, for starters, they need to have stars in an ASFOS video and Chris should be able to do his dance-y thing...

I love the video.. it shows how down to earth they are and how comfortable they are with their fans.. they had only decided to do this 3 days prior... I think when they tweeted requesting fans to come to Newtown to be in the video.. this was the first that even the crew close to coldplay knew about it.. makes me smile when i see it.... they seem like such a great bunch of guys... cant wait to see them here in Australia again !!