✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Sky Full Of Stars - Music Video

MrMilanista

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I don't really like it. After the disaster that was Charlie Brown I thought they're gonna ditch the whole sugary rainbow balloons kinda thing. You compare it to "Where the streets have no name" or "I Still Haven't Found..." and its almost laughable. But then again that is U2 we're talking about.

Anyway there are much better songs on the album that could have replaced ASFOS as a single but since the band is trying to push the whole pop mainstream image I guess it wouldn't have worked out.

It's fun and bright, but I think it's the wrong concept for this song. The performance from the Ghost Stories TV special is much better, with the stunning green sky and stars on the surround screens over their heads. That clip is how I think of this song.

The clip on the video monitors here where Chris stops definitely looks like another ASFOS video. It has the circular dancing Chris does.

By the way, for all you lucky Royal Albert Hall people, I bet there will be some great video screens there, in part because the building is round. It will be epic.

You can see Chris' bodyguard a few times late in this video.

Some one was bitching that Coldplay didn't give the US an opportunity to be in the video.

My response:

"You got the deluxe album, you got the Target stars, you had 2 shows in your country, the exclusive New York show where they filmed the Ghost Stories DVD was done in the US a couple of months back and your shows have had the longest setlists of the entire tour. SHAME THERE IS NO OPPORTUNITY FOR ANYONE IN SOUTH AMERICA. "

People who made the kind of comments you mentioned make us look like spoiled,selfish Americans. Hope you know we aren't all like that!! I thought it was a shame the Target edition was only released here; are there no Targets outside of the U.S?? Anyways, not trying to wave the flag or anything,just trying to show some empathy.

It's fun and bright, but I think it's the wrong concept for this song. The performance from the Ghost Stories TV special is much better, with the stunning green sky and stars on the surround screens over their heads. That clip is how I think of this song.

The clip on the video monitors here where Chris stops definitely looks like another ASFOS video. It has the circular dancing Chris does.

By the way, for all you lucky Royal Albert Hall people, I bet there will be some great video screens there, in part because the building is round. It will be epic.

You can see Chris' bodyguard a few times late in this video.

Comepletely agreed! I saw that too!! I think even the Target promotion was even better than the official MV.

Guest kmm1482
I still don't get why people hate Charlie Brown video so much when it just captured the whole feeling of the MX era so well

One of the few non-performance videos of theirs that I really like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People who made the kind of comments you mentioned make us look like spoiled,selfish Americans. Hope you know we aren't all like that!! I thought it was a shame the Target edition was only released here; are there no Targets outside of the U.S?? Anyways, not trying to wave the flag or anything,just trying to show some empathy.

Haha, I know now all Americans aren't all like that, I'm by not means a stereotype :) There's just a couple that need a good cuff round the head.

are there no Targets outside of the U.S??

hope that line is a joke, we've spent pages and pages on this forum complaining about Target only selling it to USA and not being a international store... LOL

back to ASFOS, I'm glad that they didn't do David Guetta/Avicii-like and the reason that there's no mention (visually, except that quick koala scene) of Australia is that it could happen anywhere in the world :)

We just got a few Targets here in Canada. They weren't/aren't doing so well and I thought this exclusive Coldplay-Target scheme would help Target Canada get back from the red zone, but they really blew it by not letting Target Canada have it...its almost as if they want to fail

In my humble opinion, this one is one of their worst music videos ever.

Come on, there's Princess Of China, Viva La Vida (which is just sooo boring), The Hardest Part is weird as hell... yes this one is not that great, but I think it's fun and goes well with the song.

Come on, there's Princess Of China, Viva La Vida (which is just sooo boring), The Hardest Part is weird as hell... yes this one is not that great, but I think it's fun and goes well with the song.

lol, I was gonna say the same thing. Not a big fan of PoC, VlV or THP either. But its his opinion so hey, who cares if someone likes it or loves it even. Others' opinion on things shouldn't change our own views.