✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Sky Full Of Stars - Music Video

MrMilanista

Man I gotta disagree with a lot of the ppl on here! This is probably my favorite CP videos.. I cannot watch it without smiling! There was something genuine and real about it. In a world of so much hate and so many people concentrating on the wrong things this was a breath of fresh air IMO. People need to relax and learn to enjoy things again! A beautiful sunny day in Sydney with an uplifting message. Everyone was smiling well besides the rest of the band LOL Loved it! I feel like martin was how he'd be on any given day with his fans! Plus that SMILE IS INFECTIOUS! He's happy to be alive let it be!

I do get peoples points about how sometimes it seems like the Chris martin show a lot of the time but well if the guys hated it then it probably wouldn't be lol And yes the instruments on there backs look ridiculous but that's all apart of the fun :)

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the videos from the viva era are the best ones, violet hill is one of the best MV of the last years

i mean guys, we got a video like the strawberry swing one!

the Strawberry Swing one is very nice! But it's again just Chris centered :(

I guess there will always be something to nitpick at, but SS was a pretty cool video I must say.

@ Jonny and the cake - iunno, I just remember seeing the VH video (the first video of the era) and being irrationally annoyed at the random hammer and magnifying glass. Then VLV. I remember the itunes ad and thinking the MV was gonna be epic. Then the actual video comes out and it was shite. I liked the alternate video more actually. However, they did make it up somewhat with LiJ, SS and LiTii

But perhaps we've travelled too far down another path now. This thread is for ASFoS afterall!

Wow that is really professionally made! :stunned:

^ and yeah, the Strawberry Swing one is very nice! But it's again just Chris centered :(

maybe Chris is the only one that wants to act in mvs, I always had this idea...

However, they did make it up somewhat with LiJ, SS and LiTii

OMG, I'd forgotten of how beautiful LiJ mv is!!! I was truly hoping for something like that to ASFOS

maybe Chris is the only one that wants to act in mvs, I always had this idea...

No doubt the rest of the band dont have as high an affinity to cameras, but to be blunt, its kinda their job as an international rock band to show up.

I actually really like the video. I didn't see anything wrong with it, and then y'all pointed out the lack of production of it.

I'm just going to say that I love this video because it is not like the rest of all the music videos. In other music videos, the musicians are viewed as actors and if they fuck up they have to start all over again and the fun is eventually gone.

Here, it looks like the band were really enjoying what they were doing. They had a crowd who was following them and singing along, and they were all enjoying a sweet acoustic version of the song. I like it because it is just the band being the band. They were happy

I mean, come on, most of you would not stop bitching about overproduction in every bit of the MX era and you are now complaining about this. Imo it is amazing as simple as it is. It is clever, it is funny, and it's the band playing an acoustic version for the people they love the most: their fans. I do not see a problem with it *drops mic*

EDIT: Also, I'd like to hear a studio version with will doing that bad-ass rhythm thingy from the leaked vids

^ :) like i said, i like it. wish there was no blurry-ness and maybe a tad bit more steadiness. and i think there will be another visual following. they clearly wanted us to see the screens halfway through of some band performance.

The first time I watched it, I was actually hoping that the band would do something more dark and come up with all stars-ish along the way :P (not sure what I just talked about) In other words, I was a bit disappointed but not too much. But after a few times replaying the video, I started to enjoy it how the band keeps their low profile attitude with the fans, put their smile on their face, and I assume that at this point they kinda make the simple concept to just have go public and gather these 250 ppl joining them. And I think the shoot was taken 3 days ago and the video has just posted now.. I mean I guess the video process doesnt take too long and perhaps the band just want to make it simple but having more opportunity to meet the fans on the street, which I dont think the band has ever done this before with their previous music videos. And after thinking about it, its actually acceptable and nice idea that I havent thought of that the band would even make a concept like this. I dont know, just my thoughts though. Its like I had the same case when I was watching midnight then the first time I watched it, I was a bit disappointed. But after watching it many times, I realized that Coldplay likes being different in every album, and as a loyal fan, I accept anything in what they have cause it is just what they want to do.

I actually really like the video. I didn't see anything wrong with it, and then y'all pointed out the lack of production of it.

I'm just going to say that I love this video because it is not like the rest of all the music videos. In other music videos, the musicians are viewed as actors and if they fuck up they have to start all over again and the fun is eventually gone.

Here, it looks like the band were really enjoying what they were doing. They had a crowd who was following them and singing along, and they were all enjoying a sweet acoustic version of the song. I like it because it is just the band being the band. They were happy

I mean, come on, most of you would not stop bitching about overproduction in every bit of the MX era and you are now complaining about this. Imo it is amazing as simple as it is. It is clever, it is funny, and it's the band playing an acoustic version for the people they love the most: their fans. I do not see a problem with it *drops mic*

EDIT: Also, I'd like to hear a studio version with will doing that bad-ass rhythm thingy from the leaked vids

Yup, I would have to agree with you too!

Some one was bitching that Coldplay didn't give the US an opportunity to be in the video.

My response:

"You got the deluxe album, you got the Target stars, you had 2 shows in your country, the exclusive New York show where they filmed the Ghost Stories DVD was done in the US a couple of months back and your shows have had the longest setlists of the entire tour. SHAME THERE IS NO OPPORTUNITY FOR ANYONE IN SOUTH AMERICA. "

Some one was bitching that Coldplay didn't give the US an opportunity to be in the video.

My response:

"You got the deluxe album, you got the Target stars, you had 2 shows in your country, the exclusive New York show where they filmed the Ghost Stories DVD was done in the US a couple of months and your shows have had the longest setlists of the entire tour. SHAME THERE IS NO OPPORTUNITY FOR ANYONE IN SOUTH AMERICA. "

:nod::nod::nod:

My response:

"You got the deluxe album, you got the Target stars, you had 2 shows in your country, the exclusive New York show where they filmed the Ghost Stories DVD was done in the US a couple of months and your shows have had the longest setlists of the entire tour. SHAME THERE IS NO OPPORTUNITY FOR ANYONE IN SOUTH AMERICA. "

set jimmies to rustled

I don't know if this was mentioned yet, but I think that the music video is hinting at what the next album era will be like. The colorful one-man band thing has nothing to do with what we have seen with this era, so that is why I think it is hinting at the next one.

I don't know if this was mentioned yet, but I think that the music video is hinting at what the next album era will be like. The colorful one-man band thing has nothing to do with what we have seen with this era, so that is why I think it is hinting at the next one.

One thing is for sure: you will be surprised about the next era, and it won't be predictable! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but... Pause at 2:20. Or watch that segment from 2:13 where it shows the tv. Doesn't it look like Chris dancing, Will playing the drums and Jonny play a black Fender Tele? It could be nothing but it looks an awful lot like the boys.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but... Pause at 2:20. Or watch that segment from 2:13 where it shows the tv. Doesn't it look like Chris dancing, Will playing the drums and Jonny play a black Fender Tele? It could be nothing but it looks an awful lot like the boys.

:lol: Ya know what? We've all been thinking the same thing! (Sarc) Look back a few pages, we had already concluded it was the boys (who else would it be?!) and were discussing whether it was an alternate music video and whether it would be released.