✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Criticisms with the album?

Guest kmm1482

It's easy to turn on a radio basically for research and just copy the big songs of the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no disrespect to anyone, but i am just so tired of all these b*tching about! you've had your say since the album came out. give it a rest. go listen to some older records that you enjoy. this does nothing but drag on and possibly affect other people's day.

I understand that. What I'm saying is is if you stop being true to yourself and make music that you think others want to hear.

I understood you too. Well, I guess Coldplay can go on being true to themselves

•Without trying to make music the people want to listen to on the radio;

•Without going Ghost Stories overall direction;

The proof of that are, firstly Atlas, and then Ghost Story. Nothing can be as true as the last one. Those songs have the Coldplay spirit on them.

I don't want another Mylo Xyloto; I don't want another A Rush Of Blood to the Head nor another X&Y. I only wanted them to stop not caring a bit about what the fans expect from them. Most of us expect Ghost Story-songs like. No one can deny that, look over Ghost Story thread and see the acceptation for yourself. It's not being stuck into time, it's being stuck on your roots, in what made you what you are today.

no disrespect to anyone, but i am just so tired of all these b*tching about! you've had your say since the album came out. give it a rest. go listen to some older records that you enjoy. this does nothing but drag on and possibly affect other people's day.

This record affects my days since it came out too so we have the right to complain about. If complaining annoys you, you are free to watch other threads too.

Guest kmm1482

Oh I completely agree! I don't want Parachutes 2, it'll sound forced. I want them to make music that leads, not follows, and to me, ASFOS just doesn't sound like it leads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This record affects my days since it came out too so we have the right to complain about. If complaining annoys you, you are free to watch other threads too.

yeah.. have to figure out the blocking mechanisms in here.

they did X&Y just to please what people expected from them, and we all know how it went with that album, and we know how they are not really proud of that album

if they did something like MX and GS is because they didn't want to do the same they did with X&Y, which is to please people

and please, GS is way WAY less mainstream than VLV and MX, they just did one song that fits into the category of "radio friendly" which is ASFOS, but as Chris said the album needed as song like that, can you blame them?

Like omg, Coldplay writing a song because they want it on the album???!?!? Burn their houses!11!!! Such sell outs!!1!!1!

they did X&Y just to please what people expected from them, and we all know how it went with that album, and we know how they are not really proud of that album

if they did something like MX and GS is because they didn't want to do the same they did with X&Y, which is to please people

and please, GS is way WAY less mainstream than VLV and MX, they just did one song that fits into the category of "radio friendly" which is ASFOS, but as Chris said the album needed as song like that, can you blame them?

Like omg, Coldplay writing a song because they want it on the album???!?!? Burn their houses!11!!! Such sell outs!!1!!1!

Being not proud of X&Y doesn't mean it's not good. It's awesome actually. A shame they don't like it.

Hahaha I really wanted to have some reaction like "Burn their houses", maybe it would make this sadness since may 12th go away. Instead I keep trying to figure out how Viva La Vida or Death and all His Friends makers wrote True Love (half actually, other half was Timbaland).

I only want to find out how to go on knowing the 4 (*5) people I used to punch myself in the chest and say I'm proud to like, that never failed me before, made something that disappointed me deep in the heart.

Being not proud of X&Y doesn't mean it's not good. It's awesome actually. A shame they don't like it.

Hahaha I really wanted to have some reaction like "Burn their houses", maybe it would make this sadness since may 12th go away. Instead I keep trying to figure out how Viva La Vida or Death and all His Friends makers wrote True Love (half actually, other half was Timbaland).

I only want to find out how to go on knowing the 4 (*5) people I used to punch myself in the chest and say I'm proud to like, that never failed me before, made something that disappointed me deep in the heart.

dear god, it's just an album, i felt the same way as you with MX but GS made it all go away

You pose an interesting question here! It is remarkable to listen to a track from Viva and then True Love back to back. I think the reason Ghost Stories has felt largely like a disappointment is exactly this fact. In my taste, Viva, Parachutes, AROBTTH and almost MX are track by track masterpieces. I like most of GS, but it doesn't stand up even close to those, and maybe that is why you can't chest punch any more. It is hard to keep such high standards.

I know we are a minority, but I too am very troubled by True Love. It never happens that I can't stand a Coldplay song, it has only happened with Up In Flames before this, but it totally does sound like a bad disney soundtrack. After thinking about it though, it isn't a bad song, it is fine overall, it is just that compared to their entire discography, it is nothing, that is the issue for me here, Coldplay has just made way too many good songs during my lifetime.

oh yeah, 60 minutes of songs thrown together, without connection, without purpose, an album without identity, songs too similar, yeah, 10 out of 10

You mean thrown together(not really), without connection(absolutely not), without purpose(no), without identity(I laughed here) like all of U2's albums? Their albums are not even closer to the cohesive Coldplay works(except maybe War), by far doesn't mean they are bad, that's the opposite actually, they are awesome. There's just more than a way to build an album, one of them is making a cohesive thing, other is only set a theme and do not stick too much with that.

Seriously? It's just an album. Don't listen to it and if it does affect your day maybe you should re-evaluate what you let affect you on a daily basis.. Maybe try going for a walk.

At this point this thread isn't even stating criticism-- it's just the same people angrily ranting about this and that in a never ending cycle. Seriously I don't mean to be rude because I love all of you but please understand that ALL the criticism has already been said and that maybe you guy should take a step back from your laptop and maybe listen to some other albums/bands and stop being redundant and whiny on here?

Seriously? It's just an album. Don't listen to it and if it does affect your day maybe you should re-evaluate what you let affect you on a daily basis.. Maybe try going for a walk.

I am not a fat emo guy that stays in dark bedroom all day. I can't go for a walk while on my job. I can listen to music though.

And yes, my favorite band should be allowed to affect my day. It has always done, in the past, for the good, but not with this record.

Plus this is THE criticism thread. If you want to enjoy your favorite album ever you'll be better in "Why you love Ghost Stories?" thread. I don't keep going there telling you why you should hate this album so leave us here complaining.

I am not a fat emo guy that stays in dark bedroom all day. I can't go for a walk while on my job. I can listen to music though.

And yes, my favorite band should be allowed to affect my day. It has always done, in the past, for the good, but not with this record.

Plus this is THE criticism thread. If you want to enjoy your favorite album ever you'll be better in "Why you love Ghost Stories?" thread. I don't keep going there telling you why you should hate this album so leave us here complaining.

It's not so much about my own concern as it is that I hate seeing my fellow coldplayers being unhappy and discontent.

So please don't misinterpret my concern for anything other than friendly and good intentioned frustration which is primarily due to me wanting all if you to be happy

Call Coldplay and tell them to burn every Ghost Stories copy ever and I'll be a happy fellow again :laugh3:

Ugh just please don't misinterpret my concern for anything other than friendly and good intentioned frustration which is primarily due to me wanting all if you to be happy

But I'm conflicted because i love the album but also highly respect all of your opinions :0

Ugh just please don't misinterpret my concern for anything other than friendly and good intentioned frustration which is primarily due to me wanting all if you to be happy

But I'm conflicted because i love the album but also highly respect all of your opinions :0

Haha I understood you. I love you all here. I know we have discussions sometimes but I can't say I hate someone.

Like I said some pages ago, I know now what is like when MX came out and I didn't understand how could people not like it.

Haha I understood you. I love you all here. I know we have discussions sometimes but I can't say I hate someone.

Like I said some pages ago, I know now what is like when MX came out and I didn't understand how could people not like it.

Yeah haha. In the end what would music be if it didn't spark debate and differing opinions? That's part of it's beauty :)

Some posts on this thread are ones of just pure hatred than ones of actual criticism......jeez lol

My opinion: Chris needed to get these songs out of his system, and it's kind of obvious that he didn't really make this album for the fans. Which I don't mind at all, I'm glad that he chose to put the songs he did on the album.

I think that it's the way you listen to it. If you can relate to Ghost Stories, if you can relate to True Love and Another's Arms and all the other emotional songs, then it's a fantastic album. For me, this is a fantastic album, due to the current state of my (disgustingly pitiful and rollercoaster-esque) love life, and maybe other people feel the same way! But if you're not really going through anything like that, I think it makes Ghost Stories harder to understand and relate to and appreciate. That's how I justify the criticism....can't really justify the hatred though, it's not THAT shitty or horrible or a waste of an album lol

I could complain that it's a more mellow album (which kind of does bother me just the slightest, TINIEST bit), but with ASFoS, it kind of makes me feel like I don't really have the right to complain...I love all the songs on it, I feel like the placement of each song is absolutely perfect and in the right place, but I would have really appreciated it if they'd put Ghost Story on the regular album instead of as a Target bonus, because it's pretty nostalgic and I think a lot of Coldplayers appreciate it in that way. Shame that they're not selling the deluxe edition in many places.

Some posts on this thread are ones of just pure hatred than ones of actual criticism......jeez lol

My opinion: Chris needed to get these songs out of his system, and it's kind of obvious that he didn't really make this album for the fans. Which I don't mind at all, I'm glad that he chose to put the songs he did on the album.

I think that it's the way you listen to it. If you can relate to Ghost Stories, if you can relate to True Love and Another's Arms and all the other emotional songs, then it's a fantastic album. For me, this is a fantastic album, due to the current state of my (disgustingly pitiful and rollercoaster-esque) love life, and maybe other people feel the same way! But if you're not really going through anything like that, I think it makes Ghost Stories harder to understand and relate to and appreciate. That's how I justify the criticism....can't really justify the hatred though, it's not THAT shitty or horrible or a waste of an album lol

I could complain that it's a more mellow album (which kind of does bother me just the slightest, TINIEST bit), but with ASFoS, it kind of makes me feel like I don't really have the right to complain...I love all the songs on it, I feel like the placement of each song is absolutely perfect and in the right place, but I would have really appreciated it if they'd put Ghost Story on the regular album instead of as a Target bonus, because it's pretty nostalgic and I think a lot of Coldplayers appreciate it in that way. Shame that they're not selling the deluxe edition in many places.

I admit, I loved the journey of the album, but I feel like it was, dare I say, boring... not the first time, but now, compared to even MX, just kind of boring. I'm bored of True Love, Ink, Magic, and sometimes Midnight. I adore Oceans more and more everytime I listen to it. ASFOS is better now that I have separated from the album. O is amazing, AA and AIMH are great. It just isn't as good as Viva or any of the classics.

Just curious, rafi. Why do you dislike GS so much? Just a brief synopsis is fine.

I'm assuming rafi is me lol :laugh3:

I'll explain to you, the other people don't really need to read.

The reasons are several but the most important are: Chris too much centered (I'm a Coldplay fan, not only Chris'), too much use of synth drums (I do like them but I really never expected a Coldplay album only with it. 2 songs are acceptable), strange suppression of guitars, True Love sounds like a Disney song, the ohh ohhs in the end annoy me, Ink was almost a good song but drums ruined it, Oceans to ASFoS transition too forced, lack of real guitar on Oceans like live, production holes like the click on the beginning of AIMH and too subtle start of ocean sound in Oceans, Another's Arms ending (Your body in my body-ody-ody-ody-ody-ody), True Love again