✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The "I Cried When I Listened To O" Thread

RevolutionDude

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't cry, BUT it put me into a really different state of mind. I could see myself crying if I listened to this song while something sad is going on in my life. At this moment, everything is great and this song is more of a beautiful realization that everything is gonna be ok. But I could and probably will cry at some point to this song. Such a beautiful song and a great album closer. Can't wait to hear it live on the TV Special on Sunday! :D

I didn't cry when I heard the full version of the song, but when I first heard the snippit of it that was on soundcloud from the zane lowe interview, the waterworks were a rushing. It's the perfect way to end off this beautiful album and story. It leaves you hanging but content with what you have. kinda like most of life.

• Like 1

I also cried when listening to the snippet on the Zane Lowe interview. I cried the first time I listened to the longer version on itunes. Now the song is continuous ear-worm running through my head on a loop. The simplest melody, with the absolute pureness of Chris' voice relaying the most beautiful lyrics (in my opinion) there has ever been.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

also.. I'd like to point out... we haven't heard the full album. the real version of O is 7 minutes long

Looking at the iTunes album stream, we're missing about 2 minutes? Interesting...

I can't remember if I cried, but I do remember thinking how beautiful the piano was during Chris' interview on Zane Lowe :)

Is the album streaming on iTunes already? Where have I been!! Must have a looksy now so annoyed I missed this..

The link is still working..... iTunes.com/Coldplay

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The lyrics on this song is killer good! I really felt the emotion in this song especially with what Chris is going through now, but no tears :\ Also looking forward to the reprise version! Maybe that'll make me tear :confused:

Don't mention it. Emotional things are always hard to endure. But you can do it :) You'll grow from them and look back and smile over them when you're older :wacky:

Thank you a lot for your words,hope you're right :)

This is a genius thread!!

When I first listened to O my stomach was in knots and my eyes were tearing, which is amazing because it takes a whole lot to get an emotional reaction from me, especially when nobody has died. I didn't full on cry, but my emotions were literally on overload. The only time I felt stronger than this was when reading Bridge to Teribithia- which I feel weird admitting, but it is SUCH A GOOD BOOK!

I think the beautiful part of music is to bring sth.deep/mysterious out tangibly that no other way could do the same. I think I do feel Chris in the interview when he was asked to introduce this song - a message of unconditional love which he was proud of ; to me, this song represents a long transformative process that I've also been through - so I could connect with his saying[psychological/emotional] and choking.

I also remember a few words of him in an interview about dealing with emotions. He noticed that it might be an English or cultural thing that being emotional [although it could mean a lot of different things given the context or the understanding] is kind of rare or being considered weak or improper or abnormal etc. I think such awareness is the beginning for sth. ...by my own experience, I've tried to hide emotions or control it or even tried to neglect it - but it never worked and it never went away; on the contrary, it was built up - it might even create psychological/healthy problems. Later on, I began to know how to deal with it and appreciate it and learn to face and embrace it.

So, I think, if sth. [book, song, film, or anything, even sb.] moves/touches you or even makes you cry, this is an important moment to understand yourself if sth. you ever tended to hide or neglect concsiously or unconsciously, by early childhood's conditioning or cultural shaping etc. It is a beautiful and precious gift to your inner light/evolving path; but if you only follow your Head/Mind/Old Fears/Rationality, such natural/intuitive energy can't flow through you [cure you if you have scars], as you don't trust your heart/soul or simply always keep the door closed - becoming a lonely island.

I think the reason why Co.'s music or other great pieces of music/art can influence and connect with people cross-cultures/countries/beliefs, is because it conveys sth. we all could feel and cherish; and this sth. is actually quite essential and powerful than some "differences" on the surface - due to some reasons or failures of the past, we tend not to believe it or still learn to feel it.

I think the language of a teardrop or waterfalls :) is a kind of mirror/art, containing rich content as well as inspirations, which, hopefully, could bring you awareness. When you allow the energies going through you, you could actually obtain peace afterwards.

Isn't Chris' mother a Music Therapist? I think he really gets that gift [from *God* too] passing on so well; now, a moment for himself :)

I know what apple is singing at the end of this. Which maybe others do too...I just remember people saying it was background vocals to Always In My Head.

Which seemed correct at first too...considering the end ...slides right into the beginning of that song. But it's Apple singing the hook to Midnight. "Leave a light, a light on"

Anyways, It had been bothering me so much...I finally figured it out! In other news, the song is soul crushing and usually brings a 50 percent chance of showers....from my eyes ..everytime I listen.

Nice thread, love people showing some emotion.

How about crying after O, does that count? Because I heard the album for the first time yesterday and after it was finished I started bawling my eyes out. The Zane Lowe interview/snippet made me cry too, when I heard it and then when I watched it.

It was way different than hearing MX, when I just felt empty and let down after it was done.

so glad for this thread! I listened to it for the first time this morning while driving alone. I started crying behind the wheel! So heartbreakingly beautiful. Clearly my favourite of the album and probably, my favourite Coldplay album so far

• 1 year later...
I didn't cry when I heard the full version of the song, but when I first heard the snippit of it that was on soundcloud from the zane lowe interview, the waterworks were a rushing. It's the perfect way to end off this beautiful album and story. It leaves you hanging but content with what you have. kinda like most of life.

I also dropped a tear or two when I listened to it on the Zane Lowe interview, and I've cried to it afterwards also (even though in more sad situations). But I almost never cry to music, so it was a really special moment for me. I wasn't at all prepared for a so beautiful song to be played during that interview - that was maybe a reason. :)