✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

Yes, they are very ok without other artist.

Just I wish it won't be something electronic. A bit pop it's good but electronic instruments...they lost their "touch" and sometimes i can't hear the bass

Not necessarily. GS is electronic and yet I can definitely hear bass in Magic, Ink, Always in my Head and Another's Arms.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Change is good though..."No mistakes only possibilities". MX and GS still needed to be made exactly as they were...everything has its own unique purpose....full circle [emoji295]️

Ghost stories was made because of chris's breakup with gwenyth. If they hadn't broken up, we would be hearing something else from the band.

They could make an album that isn't soft or pop rock, just rock. Less "Under the Iron Sea" and more "Be Here Now". Something that demands attention and oozes confidence - that can't be dismissed as safe, bland and MOR. An album of Politiks and Glass of Water's but BIGGER.

To be honest, this isn't gonna happen on AHFOD but on lp8, new cycle and no record deal, who knows? Anything is possible ;)

That's mean we have to wait four years until LP8

Not necessarily. GS is electronic and yet I can definitely hear bass in Magic, Ink, Always in my Head and Another's Arms.

I'm not saying that GS is a bad LP, I have to say that I love it but now I want to hear all the band. For example...Oceans it's a BEAUTIFUL song but I can't hear to Jonny or Guy. Midnight It's awesome too but you can't hear drums, bass nothing of that instruments. When I saw GS live 2014, there were parts that Guy or Jonny were sitting, I though WTF?!?

I'm not saying that GS is a bad LP, I have to say that I love it but now I want to hear all the band. For example...Oceans it's a BEAUTIFUL song but I can't hear to Jonny or Guy. Midnight It's awesome too but you can't hear drums, bass nothing of that instruments. When I saw GS live 2014, there were parts that Guy or Jonny were sitting, I though WTF?!?

Gs is ok. But like you said, the album sounds like it's only chris doing all the work. The next album i hope we hear the entire band. No more electronic style of music.

for me, what mainly lacked in GS is, like you said, the band chemistry. we need that for lp7. would being separate and partially recording separately change that chemistry? we'll see. but according to oracle, they have been recording separately for awhile.

for me, what mainly lacked in GS is, like you said, the band chemistry. we need that for lp7. would being separate and partially recording separately change that chemistry? we'll see. but according to oracle, they have been recording separately for awhile.

It'll be interesting to see how lp7 turns out because of the separation of the band. With GS, they were together for a majority of the recording.

From another angle, AHFOD is the first album title I don't like - so I hope the artwork and song titles make up for it (two things they're traditionally good at)

yeah, what's with the literal phrasing for the album name for the first time? i still refer to it as lp7. come on guys, change your mind on the title. but doubt it since it has been there for awhile and recently rik simpson called it that too.

As long as the music is great, I'm okay with that title.

This.

Srsly, imagine Coldplay came up with the worst title of all time. Would you still listen to it? I know I would. So, who really cares about titles if you're gonna listen to it anyways?

"A rose by any other name would smell just as sweet"

To expand on that, for the past few pages, its gotten a taddd more negative up in here. I'm all for free speech and all, so I decided to let the other side vent their worries and concerns (legitimate or otherwise...). But I would offer my POV and say that I personally havent been disappointed through 6 albums and I dont anticipate being let down for 7.

Is there something that they couldve done better in each album? yes, but you could say that for any album from any artist.

I think it boils down to whether youre a glass half empty or full person. I like to concentrate on the highlights as opposed to dwelling on the misses.

^I totally agree. At first, I though Ghost Stories was a bland title until I heard it and it all kind of made sense!!

AHFOD is the same. I think the title is too cheesy like everyone else, but we haven't seen the cover art or heard a single. I am sure that will change all of our minds really quickly, and after some time, the title will feel just right.

I especially think that if these "dreams" are not just optimistic, idealistic dreams, and have some weird dreams, nightmares, etc in the mix, then the title will completely take on another meaning (which is what i am hoping for.)

I agree that based on the title I am pessimistic as well - especially since Chris said that he loved A Sky full of Stars and with the extremely bland feel-good song Miracles being their in-between albums song so based on the title I still suspect the album will lean towards "feel-good" and/or EDM music.

Also, every title before GS had at least some mystery or abstraction in it - you never knew really what exactly those Parachutes, or X and Y or even Mylo Xyloto etc. were really referring to so I disliked the very plain and boring title "Ghost Stories", and "A Head full of Dreams" sounds exactly as plain and cliche to me.

To illustrate my point, I mean....would you rather be intrigued by a book in the shelf called "Ghost Stories" or "Viva La Vida or Death and all his Friends" ?

I think AHFOD will be like the sequel to GS, the exact opposite feelings (more like ASFOS vibes) of happiness and acceptance and hope. Like MX but more personal. Im wishing for an edgy sound but lets all be honest, itll be pop.

If they do make another pop album, hopefully it's similar to viva, some baroque pop.