✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

GS has a lot of chartest tendencies in my opinion. Even if a song is alternative leaning, Magic, Ink, True Love and ASFOS are all very poppy. If Coldplay decided to release these singles more spread out, like Maroon 5 does with their album singles (like over a year,) then I think all would have enjoyed airtime. They are simply really catchy and accessible songs. Even the other tracks are really accessible: O, Oceans, AIMH, AA, but they are just not happy enough or structured as well for radio.

I know this isn't the best thread to say it, but with the three singles i have heard so far, I don't think Mumford and Sons has changed really at all. Sure, there are electric guitars and some live drums, but the themes of their songs, the chord progressions, the structures, everything is the exact same. It is still about love, still anthemic, still folky, just electric. Believe though is certainly an example of them taking cues from Coldplay.

following the mumfold comment, they already sounded like sort of a more folky coldplay to me. as in there were similarities to begin with. but now the similarities are more pronounced.

If there's going to be a collaboration on lp7, these are the top ten people I'd like it to be:

1. Sigur Ros

2. Radiohead

3. Aphex Twin

4. U2

5. Noel Gallagher

6. Johnny Marr

7. Richard Ashcroft/Nick McCabe

8. Amorphous Androgynous

9. Four Tet

10. Damon Albarn

Or y'know Nicki Minaj whatever -_-

You left out Rhianna again, oh wait that's apparently really happening :dozey:

You're completely right about Mumford & Sons, they have really changed their sound. I liked their original sound too though as well.

Me too, Believe sounded a bit like Coldplay which was OK. But hearing the album now, the whole just sounds uninspired. Huge fan of the first two though.

i was thinking of how GS was received and to me, the songs that were best received were midnight and magic. to think midnight wasn't even an official single and still raked in 30+ million views in youtube shows its' impact. it showed that coldplay are better received when they go a bit weird/left-field. i hope the band would acknowledge that in lp7. you can make non-generic pop, happy, hopeful music, and i'm hoping for that.

i was thinking of how GS was received and to me, the songs that were best received were midnight and magic. to think midnight wasn't even an official single and still raked in 30+ million views in youtube shows its' impact. it showed that coldplay are better received when they go a bit weird/left-field. i hope the band would acknowledge that in lp7. you can make non-generic pop, happy, hopeful music, and i'm hoping for that.

coldplay have a HUGE fanbase, that's one of the reasons they're so successful. Anything that coldplay releases will always turn to gold. midnight was polarizing because it sounded strange, not like coldplay at all. some people liked it and others didn't. I liked it and coldplayers will love pretty much anything the band releases, even if it's just instrumentals with no lyrics. haha. and lp7 won't be pop this time.

Also take into account it was that first thing they released after the hiatus. That would help the viewcount big time as well

I think the singles of A Head Full of Dreams will get more attention as the band will launch a "proper" worldwide tour in support of the album (plus the individual promotion of the singles). Having said that, in a critic's point of view, everything else will depend on what will Coldplay release this time around. This thread had became sort of a wishlist and a mixbag of speculations but the next album will sure to top the charts again as with all their previous releases... I think one of the reasons why Coldplay have maintained their huge fan base is that even though they continue to experiment with a wide array of instruments, soundscapes and genres, their signature "Coldplay-ish" sound is still embedded in their songs and in their albums in general. I'm not expecting a revolutionary/innovative album but I'm certainly expecting it to be good. Some of my fave bands had a great 7th album (see Radiohead's In Rainbows, U2's Achtung baby and The Beatles' Revolver).

I want better lyrics and a clean but raw production (like parachutes)

i dont really care about the genre anymore as i listen to everything, from rap to metal, and i know they can play everything really so the thing i really care about is lyrics and production, i never really had problems with instrumentals

I think that this time the album will have 11 songs. GS had too few songs, for me 9 was not enough... unless if we look at the Deluxe Edition, it has a total of 12 if we count the bonus tracks. But I guess that 11 will be the number of the regular album.

Just to indulge in some speculation too (not that there was not enough of it, but after all that's what the thread is for ;-))

I think LP7 is not gonna sound like any other album before, because none of their albums ever sounded like one that they made before. Personally, I am slightly pessimistic because I just happened to love their first three albums very much, think VLVODAAHF has mostly great stuff too, think MX has some great moments but not as many, and think GS is a low point containing just one great song for my liking (Ghost Story). So for me, it was a downwards trend they were following (I wonder if they are simply weary after so many years in the business and with each of them having had a completely settled life for years now ?? Unlike in their first years, they don't have to prove themselves any more - as was pointed out above, they are so big that anything they produce will do well in sales and charts, which is a problem in my opinion. Their success is granted - too granted !)

Anyway, the first three albums that I love so much each have a very different sound and feel, too, so I told myself that the dice are completely thrown afresh each time and an album with a completely new feel will come, and if it is not entirely electronic drums and synth stuff AND Chris's voice sounds better than on GS, where it was irritatingly scratchy, it might just as well be a great one !

Maybe it would be cool if they did indeed work in influences from classical music as has been proposed based on "Waltz in B minor" etc. Pink Floyd is imho a good example of this classical approach leading to wonderful music. (Oh well, I wouldn't mind them going for progressive rock either !)

Whatever it's gonna be, I hope it will have some edge and interesting melodies and won't be as bland as Miracles, which was imho dangerously close to mediocrity and elevator music.

Just my 2 cents...

I don't think so just because Chris is in a different mental state. He probably doesn't feel those lyrics anymore. Maybe some of the scrapped instrumentals will be reused by that's still very unlikely.

Anyway, everything they've done since Parachutes has lead to this album.

"Anyway, everything they've done since Parachutes has lead to this album".

So amazing they are up to LP7! What an amazing journey they have had, too much brilliance to list here...AHFOD may just be all these years of experience, all these past albums coming together to create this brilliant masterpiece! ....Like a full circle....

God I can't wait for this albummmmmmm..

Please Sir may we have more [emoji502][emoji502][emoji502]

Would be cool if they shocked us all and made a massive f**k off Be Here Now style album with 7 min songs and juggernaut guitar solos....Singles "Who's MOR NOW??" and "No More Mr Soft-Rock"

We should start considering the cap that Chris has been wearing lately as a clue to all the LP7 theme, just like the ghost he draw in the Ghost Stories era. He might be pointing us to the correct signs, and this one could be A Head Full Of Dreams cover:

Blue-face-Happy-sad-smiley-Yellow.jpg

Haha eww now I feel disgusted by that :lol:

Like you know when those thingy rollin with the same smiley face and they are looking at you with the same expression.

That is just plainly weird and creepy at the same time lol