✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

Guest diogo_sg

You two are probably right. But we always have to leave room for new ideas. So, how would you want it to be like?

"I live to see the world"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest diogo_sg
I always liked their Parachutes/AROBTTH/X&Y font best. For me this is the trademark Coldplay and I hope they return to it. The MX one was imho awful, as bloated as the whole Era was though !

I actually like the MX era logo. But you're 100% right about their first logo being the best, even though I also love the GS one.

The VLV logo is nice too. Sadly, it was used for a really short period.

"I live to see the world"

I always liked their Parachutes/AROBTTH/X&Y font best. For me this is the trademark Coldplay and I hope they return to it. The MX one was imho awful, as bloated as the whole Era was though !

Same! Their original font was really classy and smooth and I wasn't a fan of their MX font at all.

It will probably wind up being similar (if not the same as) Ghost Stories. As for the logo, I'm not sure. Maybe whatever the opposite of wings are with a backdrop over mountains since that's the opposite of the sea?

EDIT: Aaay, 9,000th post

I see you're talking about the logos already. Well, whatever it is I believe it will certainly match the vibe and style of the upcoming era. Coldplay (and their team) are really good in that. They are consistent when it comes to the album/singles cover, font, costumes and tour. Speaking of the upcoming tour, will they name it A Head Full of Dreams tour or will they use a title or a phrase from one of the songs like the Twisted Logic tour (in which they didn't play the brilliant song ironically). And will the album contain a title track (much like the previous albums.. I'm counting Ghost Stories in because they released Ghost Story in the Deluxe Edition). So much to talk about as we eagerly wait for A Head Full of Dream :gossip:

I think it's almost certain that there will be a title track, especially if AHFOD ties together Coldplay's entire career. The album will likely again be around 42 minutes long and I have a feeling that the title of the album opener will have something to do with morning, sunrise, or dawn.

A compass theme would be nice. And they have already used this image once in an opener ("Give me your compass, draw me your map")

Does anyone know if there was a particular reason for Coldplay naming their X&Y tour "Twisted Logic tour" ? I reckon the new tour will be called AHFOD tour and that there will be a title song. The title song was a nice tradition, but it is disappointing that they imho somewhat broke it in GS (1.Ghost Story was not in the core album 2. The album was called Ghost StorIES)

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

A compass theme would be nice. And they have already used this image once in an opener ("Give me your compass, draw me your map")

Does anyone know if there was a particular reason for Coldplay naming their X&Y tour "Twisted Logic tour" ? I reckon the new tour will be called AHFOD tour and that there will be a title song. The title song was a nice tradition, but it is disappointing that they imho somewhat broke it in GS (1.Ghost Story was not in the core album 2. The album was called Ghost StorIES)

Maybe each song in GS is a ghost story and each song in AHFOD will be a dream?

Interesting thought! To keep with that theme, maybe the last track will be called something like "Knots," to symbolize that tying together of things.

I'm convinced we'll get a song with "Lights" in the title, as that seems to jive with what we know of the album's themes. Northern Lights, The Light at the End, etc.

Warning: Dream tracklisting with artsy titles to follow:

1) Color and Dawn (instrumental intro, like LiT; also satisfies the "color title" requirement maybe?)

2) Circumnavigation (about traveling the world to find yourself)

3) Heartstrings (lead single)

4) Tales of the Night (dark times)

5) Northern Lights (finding light in the dark)

6) Summer Days (the album's big single)

7) Castaway (fits with the "three songs starting with the same letter" tradition)

8) A Head Full of Dreams

9) Knots (tying together of both the album and Coldplay's musical career)

Interesting thought! To keep with that theme, maybe the last track will be called something like "Knots," to symbolize that tying together of things.

I'm convinced we'll get a song with "Lights" in the title, as that seems to jive with what we know of the album's themes. Northern Lights, The Light at the End, etc.

1) Color and Dawn (instrumental intro, like LiT; also satisfies the "color title" requirement maybe?)

7) Castaway (fits with the "three songs starting with the same letter" tradition)

8) A Head Full of Dreams

Wow, I never realized 3 songs always start with the same letter ! Thanks for pointing this out for me.

I'd love if references to earlier songs were included. For example, to keep up with your lights theme, why not name a song "Lights will guide you home" ?

8) A Head Full of Dreams

Cool tracklist. I'm sure we'll get a title with "lights" or "light at the end of the tunnel" something like that.

8) A Head Full of Dreams

Great tracklisting, indeed! In my opinion Tales of the Night would be among the very best track titles of Coldplay's entire career.

A compass theme would be nice.

Wow, I love this idea! It'd fit with the whole 'central focal point' object they use for their album covers, too. I think more than anything else, I'm most curious to see what art style they go with. If it's anything similar to the website -- minimalistic and vibrant -- I'm really excited. For some reason, I see AROBTTH's art 'matching' with AHFOD!