✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope every song is a full song and not another random pointless instrumental like M.M.I.X. :(

I would be fine with those instrumentals if each one were part of the same track as its parent song. It's annoying when I put my Coldplay in iTunes on shuffle, M.M.I.X. plays, and then Swallowed In The Sea comes on right after. It kills the flow.

I miss the real Coldplay music!...

I'm genuinely sorry for you and the others who share your opinion. But no amount of these comments are really gonna change how Coldplay do things now. The band are clearly happy. Most fans are still happy.

000b573b-572.jpg

I'm sorry they can't be what you and others want them to be, but you can't please everyone.

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams" (DEC 4TH - Tracklisting in first post)

I miss the real Coldplay music!...

As they say, whats sad is not seeing how someone changes,but what they once were.At the bright side this brings us a variety of music choices to listen for different occasions,and if you really dont like their new music,perhaps just enjoy the classics they created in their first three albums.

I'm genuinely sorry for you and the others who share your opinion. But no amount of these comments are really gonna change how Coldplay do things now. The band are clearly happy. Most fans are still happy.

000b573b-572.jpg

I'm sorry they can't be what you and others want them to be, but you can't please everyone.

Truth

000b573b-572.jpg

This :)

Did anyone of the Oldplayers read the interview of La Perisien? It will change your minds and see Coldplay's point of view

Ive tried for a long time to do the same. But I guess I'm just as stubborn when they try to change my views as well. Which is why ive since let it go.

What Ive done instead is just tell them i'm sorry they had to be on the butt end of this change, but the change is real and is happening.

This has been said multiple times but If coldplay kept making multiple AROBTTH albums, they would sound boring to be honest.

While true, and while I dont identify as an oldplayer, I do wish they would make AROBTTH 2.0

Just be glad they're making new 'poppy' music. If they still made albums like Parachutes and AROBTTH they would slowly have become less important in music industry and even could have quit.

But what they did after X&Y was for the band the perfect thing to do, change themselves and make music they want to make and feel good about, that's why I think they're still at the top, after 16, yes, 16 years.

You may or may not like AOAL, but we all know Coldplay too damn well and we can say even before the release of AHFOD there won't be another song sounding like AOAL. Coldplay is a band who can make music in every genre but still sound like Coldplay.

Also, Chris said this would be the end of a story, like the Potter series. What my meaning on this is that after AHFOD w have three trilogies with albums which are a lineup in sound and style.

Trilogy I

- Parachutes

- AROBTTH

- X&Y

Trilogy II

- VLVODAAHF

- MX

- AHFOD

and then there's Ghost Stories as an exeption because they just had to make that one before continuing. So we can expect anything after AHFOD. My guess is a return to their old sound. Because we have had their midlife crisis then and they will go back to their old days.

@jc90 how do you like the new single, AOAL? I've been interested in hearing your perspective.

Thanks ;)

y'know, one of the users I respect the most on here is actually an oldplayer. I read his opinion this AM and thought i'd share it.

The song isn't a 10/10 as most ppl suggest. I understand that ppl are excited and perhaps 10/10 isn't a real answer, but if i'm being honest, this isn't a 10/10 song clearly.

With that out of the way, I do give the song a positive review. I don't quite give it a new or interesting opinion that hasn't been said. It's a song strong on instrumentals. I've read some comments saying it slags off the funk-guitar style made popular recently by 'Get Lucky', but I don't mind it.

The weak point I feel are the lyrics. It does boarder the line towards over repetitiveness. It's a nitpicky thing to say, and to clarify, I don't HATE the lyrics, just that they could be a bit stronger/more creative.

All in all, a solid song thats is a great song for what it is. By Chris's words, a song that you can shuffle your feet to.

Trilogy I

- Parachutes

- AROBTTH

- X&Y

Trilogy II

- VLVODAAHF

- MX

- AHFOD

and then there's Ghost Stories as an exeption because they just had to make that one before continuing. So we can expect anything after AHFOD. My guess is a return to their old sound. Because we have had their midlife crisis then and they will go back to their old days.

very interesting theory, I like it

000b573b-572.jpg

Thank you, that is something that needed to be said. To be honest, this is probably the very happiest the band have ever been. For proof, just look at them in the photo you posted and in the two AOAL live performances. Pure joy. :) Maybe they don't want another AROBTTH. Maybe they simply want to be a band for the fun of it rather than to please absolutely everyone.

Some reason:

this guy:

Gt_bK6TkML8.jpg

Isn't he the singer of the Wonderwall band? ;)

Do you think there's any significance in the fact that Noel has recently been delving into dance music more (What a Life, In the Heat of the Moment, Ballad of the Mighty I) and the dance direction Coldplay are taking? Or is he still a rock influence? I certainly hope it's the latter.

Coldplay have been a huge influence. They wrote songs which meant something to listeners, there's no emotion to any of their music, they've lost it but I think they can find it again, there's an entire album we still need to listen to.

They are definitely indie pop now. Bands like Bastille, the 1975 and city and colour, are all indie pop artists. Rock bands these days are arcade fire, arctic monkeys, MUSE, and kings of Leon. Would you fit Coldplay there now? I don't think so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yes but indie means "independent" Coldplay are the antithesis to independent