✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

Yeah but it has some others thing in it. The guitar is totally different than clocks. The effect. And has bigger bridges than clocks too

just saying SoS isn't exactly the example i'd go with to illustrate that point. but like I said, i'm just nitpicking

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

going with jc90, all i can say is, x&y overall is not the most fresh lp coldplay put out. i feel like they were trying to recreate the magic in rush of blood as is and that's why they got such a blow back. but that was a good thing. this lead to viva! all in all, coldplay has done derivative things from early on in their career. the degree to which it is done may have changed now, but overall, they are not the most revolutionary, evolving, fresh band in the world. but we all absolute LOVE coldplay. either for similar or different reasons :) in this case, it looks like for different reasons and/or expectations.

edit: that being said, i don't like amazing day much either. there is nothing to add to their discography to me. but it may be a lovely little song live if it catches on, going by the tfi performance.

Don't think so. X&Y was space rock sound and a rush was like a postbritpop it was more raw and with less effects and bridges. You can't listen nothing like square one or the x&y itself on a rush

Don't think so. X&Y was space rock sound and a rush was like a postbritpop it was more raw and with less effects and bridges. You can't listen nothing like square one or the x&y itself on a rush

to me, sonically, the closest albums in coldplay's discography are rush of blood and x&y, although rush of blood is the far superior predecessor. i'm talking about the albums as a whole. i rank x&y in the lower half while rush of blood is top 2. we'll see how ahfod turn out.

X&Y had some other influences than a rush. Even if they want it to recreate something they still.choose.to put some new influences in there. The result for the fans in general was awsome. And they did that fantastic show in toronto 2006. Best coldplay show for me, mix everything that I love in them

i'll admit there are some absolute gems there, like twisted logic and low. but as an album, it felt like a painting with a restricted color palette for me. anyway, we can agree on the wonder that is rush of blood :)

The first 3 albums for me. Each one sound different and unique in a way than another

I do agree with you, they each do sound different. But they do still fall within the same general genre, hence why they sound like a trilogy. They just sound good if you play them in a trilogy. They fall into different subgenres but in general they are in the same genre, and in my opinion the sound does differ between albums but clearly there are a lot of things linking all of them up to (IN GENERAL) have the same sounds that make them appropriate to play in a trilogy. But they still do have seperate sounds. Just sayin'. :)

to me' date=' sonically, the closest albums in coldplay's discography are rush of blood and x&y, although rush of blood is the far superior predecessor. i'm talking about the albums as a whole. i rank x&y in the lower half while rush of blood is top 2. we'll see how ahfod turn out.[/quote']

I do agree with most of your statement. X&Y and AROBTTH sound generally alike and definetely are the closest-sounding albums in Coldplay's discography. (There are some differences as always, but they really have a lot of similarities between the two). AROBTTH is far superior, I agree with you on that. X&Y IMO would be a 3rd spot but I think that there's a large gap between the two because AROBTTH sounds really open. It doesn't have a million tracks layering in most cases, the songs themselves are among Coldplay's greatest, and overall it's just a magical album, I don't know how to describe it. I also don't know how Coldplay came up with such an album... it's a top 2 Coldplay album for sure like you said. So many beautiful songs, they have enough "space" that is used very effectively in them, and generally they are actually simpler songs that sound beautiful. Lyrically, it's cryptic, and the meaning to them isn't as straightforward as you think it may be. This is another plus to this already beautiful album, the lyrics have so much meaning to them, yet they're not straightforward. That's my favorite kinds of lyrics: not cliche, not straightforward, but oblique and cryptic. It's really interesting to try to find out what they mean! I miss the days when Coldplay were able to make such magnificent lyrics consistently (sometimes nowadays they can some up with some pretty poetic lyrics but the consistency that used to be, is no longer). :cry:

As for X&Y, the music itself seems to be weaker. Yes, there are some masterpieces inside like Fix You and What If (and Gravity, yet that was just a B-side, like come on Coldplay! There's no possible way you can give that to Embrace to ruin and not put it on the album!) But most of the tracks seem to be compressed way, and I mean way, too much. It just feels too compressed to enjoy to it's full potential. I can see why the band said that it's only 50% of what they wanted it to be. I really love the sounds that it brings, but the compression is definetely an issue. This album would have been much closer to AROBTTH if the sound weren't as compressed. That being said, that opens up another opportunity: as @I ran away has mentioned before, every time you put an X&Y song through a new speaker/headphone, they sound... different! That's what I like about the layering in X&Y. The layering kind of degrades the songs as a whole but overall it adds to the excitement because every speaker plays an X&Y song differently. But still, the layering and the usual "wall of sound" kind of degrades it. As the band said before, they tried too hard to please everyone, and their final product ended up not sounding the way they wanted to, and it showed. It clearly is less than AROBTTH. As Coldplay's discography shows... sometimes less is more. :)

I remeber somone saying that it was for the title song
Can't wait to find out what that sounds like [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

What if it's just an interlude like Mylo Xyloto... :laugh4:

But honestly, that would be such a troll move by Coldplay. AHFOD (title track) better not be an interlude, that title sounds awesome and it would seem to be a freaking awesome way to open the album. I am really excited for the title track this album; I honestly think it'll sound amazing, and that it'll be one of the best off AHFOD. (I could be wrong about my predictions, we'll just have to wait and see, but it'd make sense for AHFOD to be almost a colorful version of Viva la Vida. (Title tracks!) If that's the case, than plz, that'd be the next track I'd listen to off AHFOD.

But with only 11 tracks off the album, I think there won't be any interludes, unless of course they're actually attached to the track that it's meant to go with :p