LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Two Beyoncé songs?!

Damn you Coldplay, you better use Noel Gallagher very wisely to make up for this...

Lol don't worry to much. She's an amazing artist. But she's only gonna provide back up vocals and ooohs and aaahs

dunno if that was confirmed, but this is what ES99 said

Guest howyousawtheworld
And Oasis.

It won't be easy, what with the behemoth of bland that it Adele releasing her album.

She makes Coldplay sound like Sgt Pepper era Beatles. Apparently her new song took 6 months to write...boy does it show. About as laborious to listen to as I'm sure it was to write. And Noel Gallagher wrote 'Live Forever' in 4 minutes. Unbelievable.

Deluxe edition in Japan features Miracles, lol

Oh dear. Those poor Japanese. What did they do to deserve that?

Oh dear. Those poor Japanese. What did they do to deserve that?

Theres something about those japs. Somehow they get all the bonus. Well, at least the rest of us aren't missing much this time with it being on Miracles.

They dont even have a thread in the international subforum

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/threads/40753-Country-List-(alphabetical-order)

Theres something about those japs. Somehow they get all the bonus. Well, at least the rest of us aren't missing much this time with it being on Miracles.

They dont even have a thread in the international subforum

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/threads/40753-Country-List-(alphabetical-order)

Well last year the US got the 3 bonus tracks

I'm seriously considering changing my approach with this release and not watching any more live performances or listening to any new songs until december 4th, this is shaping up to be a very interesting era and i want to be surprised (for better or for worse) with the album when it comes out. It'll be hard though cause I'm one of those people who wakes up at 3 am to catch live performances and listen to world premieres and stuff but the wait for the album will be really short this time so maybe i'll be able to do it, the only exception i would make would be if they release the Holi video before the release of the album...

I'm seriously considering changing my approach with this release and not watching any more live performances or listening to any new songs until december 4th, this is shaping up to be a very interesting era and i want to be surprised (for better or for worse) with the album when it comes out. It'll be hard though cause I'm one of those people who wakes up at 3 am to catch live performances and listen to world premieres and stuff but the wait for the album will be really short this time so maybe i'll be able to do it, the only exception i would make would be if they release the Holi video before the release of the album...

I might try this as well

She makes Coldplay sound like Sgt Pepper era Beatles. Apparently her new song took 6 months to write...boy does it show. About as laborious to listen to as I'm sure it was to write. And Noel Gallagher wrote 'Live Forever' in 4 minutes. Unbelievable.

I feel like the amount of time spent writing a song is directly disproportional to how good the song winds up being. The ones that just come out of a spur-of-the-moment burst of inspiration are usually excellent, at least in Coldplay's case

See: Clocks

Also, isn't the reason Japan usually has bonus tracks have something to do with it being cheaper to have an album shipped from outside the country than it does to buy it inside and so they need an extra incentive? :thinking:

I feel like the amount of time spent writing a song is directly disproportional to how good the song winds up being. The ones that just come out of a spur-of-the-moment burst of inspiration are usually excellent, at least in Coldplay's case

See: Clocks

The band have actually said that before.

While I agree this is generally the case, I know some songs they've written more recently, though they've been written in a short amount of time, weren't very well received by some here.

This is exactly what I'm going to do. I love watching live streams and joining in on the excitement, but with the album less than a month away, I am going to avoid listening to anymore tracks. This will be the first time I have done this and I think it will pay off. We can always watch the performances later. It won't be as exciting, but still fun to watch.

Just a few thoughts trying to digest all this news:

As an "oldplayer" or just a person who wants alternative rock from Coldplay, I am actually really satisfied to hear from the band that they just don't want to fit into a category anymore. All evidence is pointing to this record being their poppiest yet, which I didn't think was possible after GS, but the fact that they seem so happy and willing to explore kind of reminds me of the Viva era without the angst, which isn't a bad thing.

This leads me to conclude-- COLDPLAY ARE A WEIRD BAND. It is that simple. After hearing AOAL, I thought to myself: Listen to Midnight, Major Minus, Spies, Politik, Kingdom Come, Yes, or HLH back to back and then AOAL. What other band experiments with so many genres? I mean, on AHFOD, we are getting Noel Gallagher and Tove Lo on the same album... modern great Beyonce and classic great Merry Clayton. WTF?! And all the while we have hindi/Indian influences from Rumi Poetry with a chilean album artist that does bizarre psychedelic photo cut outs?

This makes me really excited actually. Yes, the Coldplay that I will always love from 2000-2008 is now a shadow, but this is some exciting new territory. Plus, there is the potential for some bizarre tracks on this record, Colour Spectrum and Kaleidoscope easily could be experimental tracks. Every Coldplay album has to have at least one "darker" track too. So I am really hopeful for a VLV/MX part two that is a dancy, fun, and just a pure exploration of different flavors and influences. That should leave something for all of us to enjoy.

One worry: What if some of these deeper cuts are like MX and are really short? What if Colour spectrum is just a 1-minute ambient track that opens for UP&UP? I really hope not....

Guest diogo_sg
One worry: What if some of these deeper cuts are like MX and are really short? What if Colour spectrum is just a 1-minute ambient track that opens for UP&UP? I really hope not....

With only 11 tracks I doubt there will be interludes.

That's what I think A Head Full of Dreams will be. The fact that it is the first song on the album and the same name of the album kind of reminds me of Mylo Xyloto on MX.

Guest diogo_sg
New topic, I'd love to hear the reaction of the pro colour theory users. Letme guess, Colour Spectrum?

Someone already mentioned that, actually. Can't remember who.

Guest diogo_sg
Really? I've read every post and don't remember that....? Maybe I skipped one...

I know I read that somewhere. No one seemed to have cared about that post, though.

Just a few thoughts trying to digest all this news:

As an "oldplayer" or just a person who wants alternative rock from Coldplay, I am actually really satisfied to hear from the band that they just don't want to fit into a category anymore. All evidence is pointing to this record being their poppiest yet, which I didn't think was possible after GS, but the fact that they seem so happy and willing to explore kind of reminds me of the Viva era without the angst, which isn't a bad thing.

This leads me to conclude-- COLDPLAY ARE A WEIRD BAND. It is that simple. After hearing AOAL, I thought to myself: Listen to Midnight, Major Minus, Spies, Politik, Kingdom Come, Yes, or HLH back to back and then AOAL. What other band experiments with so many genres? I mean, on AHFOD, we are getting Noel Gallagher and Tove Lo on the same album... modern great Beyonce and classic great Merry Clayton. WTF?! And all the while we have hindi/Indian influences from Rumi Poetry with a chilean album artist that does bizarre psychedelic photo cut outs?

This makes me really excited actually. Yes, the Coldplay that I will always love from 2000-2008 is now a shadow, but this is some exciting new territory. Plus, there is the potential for some bizarre tracks on this record, Colour Spectrum and Kaleidoscope easily could be experimental tracks. Every Coldplay album has to have at least one "darker" track too. So I am really hopeful for a VLV/MX part two that is a dancy, fun, and just a pure exploration of different flavors and influences. That should leave something for all of us to enjoy.

Well said... :thumbsup: Despite my Oldplayer views I commend them for continuing to evolve. They don't want to be confined... as GS shows us, they still know how to experiment and try out a left-field song or two. I still have hope for this record.