✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

They've just been drifting steadily from one side of the pop-rock spectrum to the other - to the point where they're now becoming just a pop band pure and simple.

Anyway, here's my prediction for all the tracks:

A Head Full of Dreams - AOAL's big brother, big dance track with a pounding beat when it gets going.

Birds - Piano ballad with an electronic twist. Perhaps the Beyoncé track.

Hymn For the Weekend - MX style glowing electro-pop. Big chorus.

Everglow - I'm excited for this one, I think it'll be a minimalist melancholy song, like something off The XX's debut.

Adventure of a Lifetime - Hell to the meh!

Fun - Maybe a curveball, and is actually the darkest track on the album.

Kaleidescope - My heart says 6 minute shoegaze epic, my head says a good but not great pop-rock track, think Low.

Army of One - Title brings Violet Hill to mind, but I think it'll be an acoustic song with a dance chorus, similar in structure to The Do's "Anita No!"

Amazing Day - Skiiiiiiip

Colour Spectrum - I think this is the Noel Gallagher song, I see it being something heavier to balance the saccharin shite of Amazing Day.

Up&Up - An epic, but short closer - like Up With the Birds.

X Marks the Spot - a fun throwaway like The Goldrush, with the band all singing and laughing. Similar in place to "Her Majesty" at the end of Abbey Road.

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://www.repubblica.it/spettacoli/musica/2015/11/06/news/coldplay-126800071/?ref=HREC1-45

Italy second-most read newspaper gave us this interview with Chris. They went to the Bakery where, the reporter says, they already have the model of the new stage. If you can understand Italian I think it's a quite good interview. I'm not going to translate everything, but I think that you should read this, about the Oldplayers vs Newplayers fight:

"We constantly have access to Internet, we can go averywhere musically speaking in just 10 seconds. You just have to be culturally open-minded, curious, listen to new genres and sounds: classic, pop, jazz, african music. And we all have very young kids, we hear all the times new things. I think that be in this sounds is the best thing. It wouldn't make any sense for us today play like we played at Clocks' times, or making Parachutes again: we had another age, we though different things"

Guest diogo_sg

http://www.repubblica.it/spettacoli/musica/2015/11/06/news/coldplay-126800071/?ref=HREC1-45

Italy second-most read newspaper gave us this interview with Chris. They went to the Bakery where, the reporter says, they already have the model of the new stage. If you can understand Italian I think it's a quite good interview. I'm not going to translate everything, but I think that you should read this, about the Oldplayers vs Newplayers fight:

"We constantly have access to Internet, we can go averywhere musically speaking in just 10 seconds. You just have to be culturally open-minded, curious, listen to new genres and sounds: classic, pop, jazz, african music. And we all have very young kids, we hear all the times new things. I think that be in this sounds is the best thing. It wouldn't make any sense for us today play like we played at Clocks' times, or making Parachutes again: we had another age, we though different things"

This interview is so nice and beautiful. Everyone should read this.

The nerve to say Coldplay aren't a rock band but Arctic Monkeys are? Tragic, and I'm a big Arctic Monkeys fan.

I'm not worried about the Beyonce feature because in my head, she's going to feature on the album similar to this* if the Pink Floyd/psychedelic influences idea is true

* [video=youtube;cVBCE3gaNxc]

That's sad really, I know bands always evolve but I remember when Martin spoke about being influenced by radiohead, jeff Buckley and travis. Now he prefers to talk about artists like Beyoncé and Rihanna and work with top EDM artists such as Avicii and Hardwell. It's a rapid transformation and I think "oldplayers" have a strong point. They aren't the worlds best rock band anymore. They are probably the best indie pop band now. Best rock band in the world at the moment is probably the arctic monkeys, muse or even tame impala.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the consensus that stays with them is not the best rock band in the world, it's the biggest rock band in the world right now. Commercially successful albums, huge name recognition, high-charting songs, they're definitely one of the biggest. And they still have rock elements till now. The guitar riffs and the real drums aren't going away.

But me too won't compare them to Muse or Arctic Monkeys rock for now, more like OneRepublic or The Script pop-rock, Rock that appeals to the masses in this era.

If AHFOD will debut as a #1 album in the UK, and I think it will, they'll equal the Beatles for the most consecutive #1 album.

And Oasis.

It won't be easy, what with the behemoth of bland that it Adele releasing her album.

Two Beyoncé songs?!

Damn you Coldplay, you better use Noel Gallagher very wisely to make up for this...

Lol don't worry to much. She's an amazing artist. But she's only gonna provide back up vocals and ooohs and aaahs

dunno if that was confirmed, but this is what ES99 said