✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's no doubt the lead singles have been sub standard to the 2nd single. Violet hill was probably there best lead single but viva la Vida critically was a very good song. Yeah it was different but the lyrics, there was meaning in that. Color spectrum and kaleidoscope are potentially the big hits. Would be very disappointed to see "fun" get realeased as a single simply because it's got tove Lo in it and has EDM written all over it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Even worse, mainstream pop

I have this really strange theory. When Chris wrote ASFOS, I can recall him saying somewhere where he "ditched" the band. Now over the past few years, there's no doubt Chris has been the spokesman for Coldplay and his presence in the music industry is massive. Being so popular among other artists, I have the feeling he's potentially been influenced to write More music that resemble pop anthems leaving Guy, will and Jonny in the dark. I would love to know what they think about this change in musical formula. Especially guy because he does have another band on the side he plays with and produces for a number of successful artists such as the pierces. I just think Coldplay is becoming more about Chris rather than the other 3 members.

What are you talking about? The album cover doesn't have the band on it

Tell me this isn't Chris:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32825[/ATTACH]

That smile is totally Chris. Compare to this photo:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32826[/ATTACH]

And not sure if it counts, but wasn't the AROBTTH era artwork based on headshots of the band members?

And not sure if it counts, but wasn't the AROBTTH era artwork based on headshots of the band members?

Yes that's Chris and yes about AROBTTH album art.

Sent using Tapatalk

I thought u were talking about this [ATTACH]32827[/ATTACH]

I have this really strange theory. When Chris wrote ASFOS, I can recall him saying somewhere where he "ditched" the band. Now over the past few years, there's no doubt Chris has been the spokesman for Coldplay and his presence in the music industry is massive. Being so popular among other artists, I have the feeling he's potentially been influenced to write More music that resemble pop anthems leaving Guy, will and Jonny in the dark. I would love to know what they think about this change in musical formula. Especially guy because he does have another band on the side he plays with and produces for a number of successful artists such as the pierces. I just think Coldplay is becoming more about Chris rather than the other 3 members.

Actually, Guy is obsessed with funk (the bassline in Magic is funk and deaifned by Guy). Plus, in an interview from earlier this year, each of the band members told Coldplaying their fav artista which were mostly pop

About the album cover....I think we could see something similar to the silver MX cover. It was silver on the outside, but the MX-punched out part coyld be lifted away to ahow rhe graffiti underneath.

With AHFOD, I believe all of the visuals can be lifted away to reveal the simple flower of life underneath. I think this because if you look in the attached picture, there is a small border around the flower of life, and it has no stars on it....

About the album cover....I think we could see something similar to the silver MX cover. It was silver on the outside, but the MX-punched out part coyld be lifted away to ahow rhe graffiti underneath.

With AHFOD, I believe all of the visuals can be lifted away to reveal the simple flower of life underneath. I think this because if you look in the attached picture, there is a small border around the flower of life, and it has no stars on it....

Interesting! Took a look at the Amazon page for the vinyl and it says it has a die-cut outer sleeve. Very possible you're right and both the intricate and simple covers are official.

The guys seem genuinely happy! And they have the fresh feel. It's like they have given off their inhibitions by renouncing the Rock Band title altogether! And that gives them so much more confidence!

I noticed this as well. They all seemed extremely happy today in the interviews. They are doing exactly what they want to do and are excited, which makes me excited!

The guys seem genuinely happy! And they have the fresh feel. It's like they have given off their inhibitions by renouncing the Rock Band title altogether! And that gives them so much more confidence!

Even, i think they are making new genere!! (Maybe i'm exaggerating) Because i feel it a bit of alt rock, pop and 80's!! AOAL it's a strange song but I have to say that it's really awesome

You know what is funny.. Im really thinking that this album will be like viva2.0. Something new, different and really big. Not so much on the style, but more in how it feels... I believe that adventure of a lifetime is nothing compare on what comes. I BELIEVE THAT EVERYBODY HERE WILL BE SURPRISED AND SO WILL I.

When I first heard AOAL when it premiered I was so surprised. I never thought the song would go the funky groovey route. It was so good that I went and bought it on Google music and preordered the physical CD version. No doubt this will be Viva 2.0

Yo, guys, who exactly is who in the artwork for A Head Full of Dreams? I know somebody in this thread mentioned that Phil Harvey told us, but I can't find Phil Harvey's words, nor am I bothered to surf through all these pages just to find it. >.< All I know is that apparently Phil's the one on the cloud and Jonny is the one diving...

Actually, Guy is obsessed with funk (the bassline in Magic is funk and deaifned by Guy). Plus, in an interview from earlier this year, each of the band members told Coldplaying their fav artista which were mostly pop

That's sad really, I know bands always evolve but I remember when Martin spoke about being influenced by radiohead, jeff Buckley and travis. Now he prefers to talk about artists like Beyoncé and Rihanna and work with top EDM artists such as Avicii and Hardwell. It's a rapid transformation and I think "oldplayers" have a strong point. They aren't the worlds best rock band anymore. They are probably the best indie pop band now. Best rock band in the world at the moment is probably the arctic monkeys, muse or even tame impala.

I have this odd feeling that Coldplay's song with Beyonce will be a mix of Fix you and XO... :D

:laugh3:

What confuses me is that Fun is the only song that we know for sure is a collaboration. Maybe Beyonce and Noel Gallagher will only make very minor appearances on other songs.

That's sad really, I know bands always evolve but I remember when Martin spoke about being influenced by radiohead, jeff Buckley and travis. Now he prefers to talk about artists like Beyoncé and Rihanna and work with top EDM artists such as Avicii and Hardwell. It's a rapid transformation and I think "oldplayers" have a strong point. They aren't the worlds best rock band anymore. They are probably the best indie pop band now. Best rock band in the world at the moment is probably the arctic monkeys, muse or even tame impala.

They have been 'mainstream' since Yellow, and I'm amazed this is so overlooked. You and I both know Chris loves Radiohead, Jeff Buckley, Travis, Oasis, etc. still, but what's the point to still be talking about them for nearly 20 years? Any famous artist or band will change their taste as time goes on, but they don't leave behind their initial inspirations.

*ehm* Arcade Fire *ehm*

They were never a rock band. Ever.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Parachutes, A Rush of Blood to the Head, X&Y, Viva la Vida, Mylo Xyloto and Ghost Stories are all "rock" albums by nature. Anybody who knows the analytics of music genres might disagree on what exactly Coldplay are; whether or not they should be generally classified as alternative rock, soft rock, pop rock, but the consensus is that they're a rock band. "Mainstream" is not a genre, and people who say Coldplay are a pop band have obviously never heard of the term "pop rock". One Direction is a pop band. Coldplay is not.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Parachutes, A Rush of Blood to the Head, X&Y, Viva la Vida, Mylo Xyloto and Ghost Stories are all "rock" albums by nature. Anybody who knows the analytics of music genres might disagree on what exactly Coldplay are; whether or not they should be generally classified as alternative rock, soft rock, pop rock, but the consensus is that they're a rock band. "Mainstream" is not a genre, and people who say Coldplay are a pop band have obviously never heard of the term "pop rock". One Direction is a pop band. Coldplay is not.

Whoops, you're right. I misread that sentence and thought it meant hard rock for some reason. However, I don't consider anything on Ghost Stories rock (except for Ghost Story) personally speaking. I like that MX and seemingly AHFOD are pop-rock, because it's a very overlooked genre that has a lot of great artistry.