✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

I don't care about the numbers at all. Whenever I hear Coldplay has sold 80 million albums I feel happy for them because that means they have find the formula to play music that a lot of people love. With that being said I enjoy listening to Fall Out Boy. I'm not a fan because there should be something else to become that, but at the same time we don't have to become fans and talk about who is better when we just want to spend a day listening to some good music.

Coldplay will be remembered for what they have done in the music industry. It could be good or bad there could be fans and haters but lots of people love them and the proof is the amount of tickets they have sold.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think they really shined on Superbowl because the stage and whole idea of halftime was made by Coldplay, they invited youth orchestra of underprivileged children (who else would do that), they arranged everything very Coldplayish-flowers jumping all around, believe in love covering the stadium... I was very proud of them being themselves and shining. Beyonce and Bruno had bombastic and "egoistic" performances as usual, as everyone does. They showed themselves and presented their work, power, energy. Coldplay always shows love and togetherness, not their ego and themselves, they perform for others. I think people notice that and like that, it`s just too much humbleness sometimes. Like double Christianity: turn the other cheek even if no one punches you. I feel like they do that; put the others above, even while recieving the award they can`t accept they deserved it, they mention One Direction or whoever, but there is always something like they want to hide themselves.

not only the Halftime show but that also the concept of AHFOD and this whole era is about Love and Togetherness

the idea of the Halftime will never work if it isn't including a real guests

my only problem is that Chris let Beyonce sing her new song instead of HFTW but hey even Beyonce was generous enough when she did HFTW and Up&Up as a backing singer

Too many people are leaving this forum:(

Please can I offer Coldplay an idea, but mainly I'm talking to Chris. This is an opportunity like no other to turn the direction of your albums the other way after the AHFOD tour. Please read.

Step 1: Directly after the tour, take a long break/hiatus before you return to the studio. Free yourself from the pop anthems you 'want' to write and try and explore the music world a bit more. Try and listen to more of your idols like Travis and Radiohead and bring back some ideas to the rest of your bandmates. Then if you want, try listening to some ambient material to soothe yourself and give yourself a creative idea (like Jon Hopkins, Tycho, Big Noble, Sigur Ros) and write those ideas down as well. Then explore even further into the music world, finding new talents with unique abilities. Some are accessible (but still very good) like twenty one pilots. Some are less accessible (but still very good) like Nine Inch Nails who produce darker ambient music and industrial rock which you could use for ideas. Then contact other band members and see if you can share ideas with each other. During this, try and also come out of the 'safe' pop zone and let the possibilities within other genres be endless! Then scrap Stargate, and continue. Also, refer back to your older material for ideas.

Step 2: Announce a change in direction in the year 2019 and produce a different project entirely use your influences and don't let this album feel forced. It could be any genre you want, just not the previous bubblegum pop direction during AHFOD. You could become Ambient, Jazz, Electronica, Rock (although you may not want to as you said you don't want to be a rock band) or even Synthpop or Industrial or Reggae or even Folk!

These are just ideas, but if something doesn't change in Coldplay's direction soon, I'm gonna be sad:(

#StopBubblegumPop

(lets spread the word so its heard!)

Wonderfully written, Couldn't have done better myself.

Just take a look at DIIV. Very unknown band, I know. But listen to Oshin. There are still new things in rock Coldplay could do that they haven't done yet. They can still do rock, if they'd open up their eyes they'd realize that they can do much more stuff they've not done before.

Fall Out Boy appeals to a larger audience now

Look, I still agree with some of what you're saying. They need to realize that there is still stuff to do in rock. If they said rock has been done before, why go into pop when there are much better genres out there? It just seems like they're joining the mainstream more and more with each album. They don't need to do that. Even if they don't want to do rock anymore, there are much better things they could do than going into the mainstream pop scene of today. (They haven't done that fully yet, however with a few songs they sure have. And with each album, the music sounds more mainstream than before. Even if it isn't completely maintream yet).

However the statement I quoted is... just... what?

fall out boy :7.5 million album sold,more than six million of that is in US,they have won 0 Grammy awards (good job :blank::blank::blank:)

coldplay:+ 80 million album sold,they have won 7 Grammy,including song of the year award for viva la vida

I mean,Sb will check list of Grammy awards winners ten years from now,will see the The viva la vida's name and will check it out(In the worst case for coldplay)

and rock is not dying,rock is dead(for now)

I've heard that they've only recently changed from their mediocre punk rock phase to what they are now.

Come on guys i feel like I'm the only who heard Fall Out Boy lol because that's a bad example .. FOB used to be a Pop-Punk Band then they moved from Pop-Rock into pure Pop in their last album " America Beauty/American Psycho

i don't like their last material and thank god that Coldplay didn't waste their time singing about Uma Thurman

people here Underestimated the Pop Music .. there's a Different Between What Coldplay does and what we hear in the Radio .. i mean Ed Sharren Florence and The Machine Taylor Swift all these can called a pop Artist but their music is way Too different that sometime it feel like it's a whole different genre

• Like 2

If you don't think that Coldplay's recent change in direction is atleast partially influenced by money them I feel sorry about how blindly deluded you are.

If you really think that the reason they changed their direction is because they wan't more money and not... I don't know, change of musical taste? I feel sorry for how deluded you are. The man who once loved U2, Oasis, and other rock bands now also (or more) loves pop. That reflects on the result of the music. Look at what he shares on Facebook. You think he forces himself to listen to that and like it to get more money?

Also, by suggesting that he does it for tgh money, you are suggesting that all the things he says about enjoying making the new album is a lie. I don't see how you can be a fan without even trusting what they say. People can decide to do things that may not look like "the artistic way" to you, but that doesn't mean that they are doing it for the money.

p.s. If you don't mind, please being so cynical and spreading hate all around this forum. I would really appreciate it if you left that in the Oldplaying thread.

• Like 2

If you really think that the reason they changed their direction is because they wan't more money and not... I don't know, change of musical taste? I feel sorry for how deluded you are. The man who once loved U2, Oasis, and other rock bands now also (or more) loves pop. That reflects on the result of the music. Look at what he shares on Facebook. You think he forces himself to listen to that and like it to get more money?

Also, by suggesting that he does it for tgh money, you are suggesting that all the things he says about enjoying making the new album is a lie. I don't see how you can be a fan without even trusting what they say. People can decide to do things that may not look like "the artistic way" to you, but that doesn't mean that they are doing it for the money.

@The Adversary is right. You can't make a song like Hymn For The Weekend or Fun if it's not IN THE SLIGHTEST for attention or money. They are clearly trying to stay relevant. We could've had a pop rockish masterpiece with songs like the title track and Birds, but Chris' desire to stay somewhat relevant in the music world led to this album. That doesn't necessarily mean he forced himself to do this. He probably does enjoy listening to these pop tunes.

• Like 1

Look at what I said again, *PARTIALLY* influenced by money. I imagine not all of the pop shenanigans are for money, Chris has probably convinced himself he's doing it for love or some other disingenuos reason, maybe it's not all them, probably studio heads at Parlophone who are more than happy to encourage them to do duets with Rihanna and Beyonce, Arianna Grande, Bruno Mars etc etc You don't do that type of thing for artistic or creative merit.

You like current Coldplay and that's fine, but you got to realise they've alienated their old fans, some of which are bound to be bitter and point out their faults. How long will it be until they alienate you and move on from bubblegum pop to the latest fad?

Again, to say that they haven't sold out is frankly a little ridiculous when you look at the difference between AROBTTH and AHFOD.

• Like 1

AB/AP is not purely pop. Listen to Twin Skeletons (Hotel In NYC) and tell me its anywhere similar to Hymn For The Weekend, Novacaine is a reflection of pop punk, and Jet Pack Blues is most definitely rock. Don't judge the entire album off Uma Thurman which is their tribute to American culture. Even if it is purely pop in your opinion, the lyrics mean something more than "I oh I oh I am feeling drunk and high, so high, so high". It is sad to see how Coldplay has corrupted what rock is and has plagued all of you with horrible lyrics, fancy computer sounds, and voice effects. The band can use a computer, they did it right with Midnight because it was experimental. Then Army of One/X Marks The Spot comes along and its like they took their own music and just handed it to a computer and said "please trash the quality of our music".

Look at what I said again, *PARTIALLY* influenced by money. I imagine not all of the pop shenanigans are for money, Chris has probably convinced himself he's doing it for love or some other disingenuos reason, maybe it's not all them, probably studio heads at Parlophone who are more than happy to encourage them to do duets with Rihanna and Beyonce, Arianna Grande, Bruno Mars etc etc You don't do that type of thing for artistic or creative merit.

You like current Coldplay and that's fine, but you got to realise they've alienated their old fans, some of which are bound to be bitter and point out their faults. How long will it be until they alienate you and move on from bubblegum pop to the latest fad?

Again, to say that they haven't sold out is frankly a little ridiculous when you look at the difference between AROBTTH and AHFOD.

Hah, I like how you first insulted me saying that what I said was "what a petulant child would say" but then deleted it. Good move.

Yeah, I get that oldplayers don't like that Coldplay are going pop, and you guys are bitter(you said it, not me). But that doesn't mean it's reasonable to go around calling them sell-outs and insulting their recent output every chance you get. Remember, this is a FAN forum, and it might come as a shock to you, but the majority of the people here like Coldplay. Criticism is good at a moderate amount, and when it doesn't

come off as hate.

• Like 4

Hah, I like how you first insulted me saying that what I said was "what a petulant child would say" but then deleted it. Good move.

Yeah, I get that oldplayers don't like that Coldplay are going pop, and you guys are bitter(you said it, not me). But that doesn't mean it's reasonable to go around calling them sell-outs and insulting their recent output every chance you get. Remember, this is a FAN forum, and it might come as a shock to you, but the majority of the people here like Coldplay. Criticism is good at a moderate amount, and when it doesn't

come off as hate.

Yes, and I'm a fan am I not? Just not a naive fan.

Not hate, just an honest appraisal of current Coldplay.

Yes, and I'm a fan am I not? Just not a naive fan.

Not hate, just an honest appraisal of current Coldplay.

Oh, so if I like their music, and as a fan, decide to trust what they say, I'm naive. OK.

Don't care if you're "just being honest", someone who decides to go on a fan forum and bash everything new they make is just plain annoying.

• Like 1

Oh, so if I like their music, and as a fan, decide to trust what they say, I'm naive. OK.

Don't care if you're "just being honest", someone who decides to go on a fan forum and bash everything new they make is just plain annoying

Again not bashing them, just saying simple truths.

Coldplay Superbowl 50 (Brought to you by Pepsi) AOAL music video (Brought to you by the Beats Pill) Coldplay-Princess of China ft *RIHANNA*

I'm a Catholic but I don't believe every word the pope says nor do I believe every word of the Bible... why? because I am a human being with the God given gift of critical thinking. Don't trust everything they say. Actively question it.

Have some sort of nuance in your opinion please, not just blind praise/loyalty.

• Like 3

AB/AP is not purely pop. Listen to Twin Skeletons (Hotel In NYC) and tell me its anywhere similar to Hymn For The Weekend, Novacaine is a reflection of pop punk, and Jet Pack Blues is most definitely rock. Don't judge the entire album off Uma Thurman which is their tribute to American culture. Even if it is purely pop in your opinion, the lyrics mean something more than "I oh I oh I am feeling drunk and high, so high, so high". It is sad to see how Coldplay has corrupted what rock is and has plagued all of you with horrible lyrics, fancy computer sounds, and voice effects. The band can use a computer, they did it right with Midnight because it was experimental. Then Army of One/X Marks The Spot comes along and its like they took their own music and just handed it to a computer and said "please trash the quality of our music".

well Hymn for the Weekend is pure Pop and it get really weak lyrics .. not the first time though .. anyway Birds Amazing Day AHFOD And even Up&Up is more Rock songs then what Fall out Boy did in some of their latest 2 albums

I'm not against FOB i really love their first 3 albums and i have good memories with thnks fr th Mmrs :D .. but it's Really a bad Example .. Fall Out Boy was and always will be a Pop band in the first place like OneRepublic .. like i said there's a different kind of Pop musics but if you want a good example take U2 / The Killers / Foo Fighters those who are truly commitment to The Rock And Roll

one thing to add Rock > Pop is totally wrong .. for example i don't enjoy what Bring Me The Horizon or My Bloody Valentine does compered to Ed Shareen or Adele .. sometime Pop musics can be way better than Rock

• Like 2

Comparing FOB to OneRepublic. Youre just proving my point more and more.

Let me just jump in here for a sec.

FOB=Mainstream Pop Punk; Frontrunner of its genre

Onerepublic=Mainstream Pop rock;Frontrunner of its genre

Both of their music is on that mainstream level that's called "Elevator Music level". That doesn't necessarily mean their music is bad, it's just that their music is THAT overplayed.

• Like 3

Let me just jump in here for a sec.

FOB=Mainstream Pop Punk; Frontrunner of its genre

Onerepublic=Mainstream Pop rock;Frontrunner of its genre

Both of their music is on that mainstream level that's called "Elevator Music level". That doesn't necessarily mean their music is bad, it's just that their music is THAT overplayed.

Pretty sure that people have heard Stop And Stare more times on the radio more than A Little Less Sixteen Candles and A Little More "Touch Me".

Hey guys I apologize I dont know why I said what I did today but I should not have fueled this argument. I think I can learn to appreciate both the new material of Coldplay and rock. Both are unique and I can enjoy the two. I apologize to anyone I argued with, the staff of Coldplaying, and Coldplayers in general. I really need some Coldplay music right now. Anyone have any suggestions? Any era.

• Like 3

Ooooh, I missed a fight here !

Am I the only person who doesn't give a damn about Fall Out Boy and One Republic ? Of course Coldplay's legacy will be a lot bigger than theirs; as much as theb boys dilute it with material like HFTW and AOAL they will always be remembered for albums like AROBTTH and songs like Viva La Vida or Clocks.

• Like 1

come off as hate.

WOW this is so true! THUMBS UPPPPPPP:thumbsup::thumbsup: