✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

How is Ghost Stories after the release mania ?

wheresmypenis

I wanted to ask you if you changed your view on GS,after the hype it was on release.Do you still get the same pleasure out of it as the 1st day.For me it kinda numbed down,its just a not a bad album,good,but they can do better.Please no hate or i'll fart!

When it leaked I was jumping around my house like a madperson. I have probably listened to the album twenty+ times now, but honestly, it has worn on me significantly. I don't find myself wanting to revisit most of the songs like I did with their other albums. I think that confirms that it remains my least favourite Coldplay album, one of the main reasons being it just doesn't have that replay ability.

If that made you fart, I hope it was a relieving one.

I really haven't listened to it as much as I probably thought I would. Not really sure why but I would just sooner listen to other music at the moment. I can't see it being an album that I listen to over and over but that doesn't mean I don't like it.

When I first heard the album I was so excited to finally hear new coldplay songs but after a few days the hype has defiantly gone done and I don't really see myself playing the cd many times like I did with their previous ones. After two years in the studio I was expected a little more ya know. These songs are just too slow for my taste. Only songs I really like are true love, midnight, and a sky full of stars.

When I first heard the album I was so excited to finally hear new coldplay songs but after a few days the hype has defiantly gone done and I don't really see myself playing the cd many times like I did with their previous ones. After two years in the studio I was expected a little more ya know. These songs are just too slow for my taste. Only songs I really like are true love, midnight, and a sky full of stars.

I suspect that they're working on something huge and grand, and released GS to hold us over until then. It'd fit with the whole new album supposedly coming next year. I feel like GS is a sort of low-key release for them and it really feels like an album made for themselves. I can definitely see the next album being something huge, even more so than MX, something they'd play at a packed stadium.

I suspect that they're working on something huge and grand, and released GS to hold us over until then. It'd fit with the whole new album supposedly coming next year. I feel like GS is a sort of low-key release for them and it really feels like an album made for themselves. I can definitely see the next album being something huge, even more so than MX, something they'd play at a packed stadium.

I really hope so!

I listened to it at least ten times the first day, then told myself I needed a break because I was playing it too much and just played a few individual tracks for a few days. I've since gotten back into listening to the entirety of it and I can safely say I love this album dearly. It took about two weeks of trying to discover where it fit amongst my favorite Coldplay albums, but again, I can safely put it in second right behind X&Y.

The songs I'm still eh on are Another's Arms and ASFOS, but everything else is great! Such a sigh of relief from the overcrowded MX days.

I was excited... But not so much anymore. There are some really great songs on ghost stories, and i'd love to see them do it live. It's a cohesive album, but I have yet to get completely into it because the energy factor doesn't take shape, and it doesn't seem natural to my ear. I got a completely different experience from VLV & MX, and consistently listened to every song for a long, long time. This just isn't my time in the sun as a Coldplayer, and that's perfectly fine.

I consider this the second coming of X&Y for my personal taste. I never really hit it off with X&Y as a whole album. Individually, there are again some great songs on it (See my overlap?) but I just didn't think it was a good listening experience from start to finish. Though songs are catchy on both X&Y and GS, they haven't seen much play time on my itunes. Oh well!

I still love it - the opening track really sets the mood - I honestly like the recent trilogy - GS, MX, and Viva more than I do the original trilogy - listening to AROBTTH - which is good, but the leaps and bounds they have made in their sound is phenomenal. I can see why they didn't want to remake their old albums - they're good for their respective time, but man, coldplay just kept getting better over the last 3 albums.

Dont' get me wrong, I love their original trilogy - but as cohesive albums go these last 3 are better. GS is phenomenal for me - I can listen to it fully through without skipping, and I actually enjoy all the songs consistently. Great album, i can't believe they are going to have another one relatively soon - we are getting spoiled in the greatest way. Can't wait to see what they have in store for us.

I still really like it but I over listened a bit so I'll take a break from listening to the album in full. I don't really like Oceans or Another's Arms as much as I did before, as a result of over listening. But I've listened to Magic many, many times and I'm still not sick of it. I don't think I'll ever get bored of Ink, AIMH, Midnight, TL, or ASFOS either

Just a small update.

I've recently realized this is the first album they've made where I hardly feel like skipping a track. Even with the songs we've had since March, I'll sit and listen. The album flows amazingly, and probably better than any other album they've released. Props to them on that.

I am in love with every aspect. Even ASFOS, and I am NOT an EDM fan. It's all so positive and uplifting, despite the pain that inspired it. I love VLV/DAAHF and I like MX. But I cherish the sweetness and honesty of Parachutes and AROBTTH. Ghost Stories is everything I fell in love with about Coldplay!:heart:

Viva/prospek's march>Ghost Stories>Parachutes/Pre-parachutes>AROBTTH>MX>X&Y

Although I think most of ghost stories is designed to be background music. Maybe not a sky full of stars, but the rest. Its all quite atmospheric. Not like the attention grabbing MX or Viva. But I think (disregarding the EDm and poppy tracks) that it's most like parachutes. I love the ambient synth direction coldplay are going. But it needed more edgy rock like in Viva.

AROBTTH>VLV or DAAHF> Parachutes> GS, X&Y>MX.

Definitely love GS more than MX . MX is just too loud and all over the place (at least for me it is) but of course there are also songs that I love from the album (Hurts Like Heaven, Charlie Brown, UATW, MM and UFO). And come to think of it GS is more of a "concept album" than MX.