🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Official 2014 World Cup in BRA71L thread!

Sparky

I understand Uruguay are angry over this situation juanma.

But did the Uruguayan football team and their football authorities have any idea they were exacerbating the situation? Us Liverpool fans have always sided with the Uruguayan assumption of a needless obsession from the British media towards Luis Suarez and that there's been a constant desire to vilify him for anything even slightly untoward, whilst at the same time airbrushing the disgusting life of local players like that 'sweet English rose' John Terry.

However on this occasion, Liverpool have been royally fucked over by Suarez and the Uruguay national team who persisted with this bizarre idea that he did nothing despite tv evidence showing otherwise. This only exacerbated the situation. After the biting incident last year involving Chelsea's Ivanovic, Brendan Rodgers and Liverpool instantly got Suarez to apologise for his actions and condemned the actions themselves. Why didn't Uruguay do this and make things easier for them and FIFA? I have no doubt that if he had shown instant remorse over the incident and stated a desire and need to sort out this side of him (through counselling) then FIFA could have been a bit more lenient. But no. What we got was Luis coming out with a bizarre statement along the lines of 'I only moved my head to his shoulder' and 'it's not an issue worth talking about'. Tabarez, their manager, continued this, and the Uruguayan FA is persisting with it.

And yet thousands of miles away, Liverpool are stuck paying our highest earning player for absolutely no service for a full 4 months through no fault of its own. Brendan Rodgers worked wonders with him all last season to kick that out of him (to the extent that he won the golden boot AND the Football Writers and Players Player of of the Year Awards) and now it's been instilled back into him by this reckless culture seen on display by Uruguay. It shows a shocking lack of respect to Liverpool. And all this was allowed to happen, ignoring the potential repercussions on the club that pays his wages, coached him right up there and helped redeem himself after his previous incidents.

I really respected Uruguay and wanted them to do so well at this tournament because of Suarez's involvement. I love the guy for all his brilliance but now I feel so let down (by Suarez and Uruguay) and we are bearing the brunt of it and going to suffer most for it.

I'm sure Brendan is apoplectic. He's now going to return from his summer break having to fight one hell of a major fire that he could have done without. By time he's served his suspension it will be the start of November before he's back playing with us. If you add in previous suspensions served to Suarez he will have cost us 32 lost games. That is borderline breach of contract and Liverpool should have the power to do whatever they want. I would think the club would look into fining him through this loss of service. Selling him will be considered but I highly doubt Liverpool would want to go down that route considering that he's probably shed of quite a few pounds of his valuation with his suspension status. In that respect we have been put in a lose/lose situation through no fault of our own.

Just watch this:

[video=youtube_share;DlJEt2KU33I]

It was ok if Suarez was sanctioned , but the worst World Cup sanction ever? :lol:

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Liverpool, but now I wish Suarez to continue his career on Spain.

About the apologize thing, you have no idea how FIFA operates and how lack of power/irrelevant is Uruguay for this organization.

We are just 3 million people, and we are already a pain in the ass for them and they don't even want us to play vs Brazil

I love Liverpool, but now I wish Suarez to continue his career on Spain.

About the apologize thing, you have no idea how FIFA operates and how lack of power/irrelevant is Uruguay for this organization.

We are just 3 million people, and we are already a pain in the ass for them and they don't even want us to play vs Brazil

Suarez needs to see a psychiatrist first, before any football. Lol :D

Guest howyousawtheworld
Just watch this:

[video=youtube_share;DlJEt2KU33I]

It was ok if Suarez was sanctioned , but the worst World Cup sanction ever? :lol:

Juanma, I am not saying FIFA are not that. The British media here have been at the forefront in outing these disgusting, sickening and corrupt scandals that FIFA have orchestrated. And yet across South America and much of the rest of the world, Blatter's regime continues to be supported - what is the Uruguayan FA's role in helping keep this corrupt regime in place?

This isn't the case in England or across most of Europe now. We have known about this for years. And yet it was dismissed as British jealousy or us being sore British losers. Well, who are the journalists and what country's media is now looking vindicated?

Oh yes - the British.

Juanma, I am not saying FIFA are not that. The British media here have been at the forefront in outing these disgusting, sickening and corrupt scandals that FIFA have orchestrated. And yet across South America and much of the rest of the world, Blatter's regime continues to be supported - what is the Uruguayan FA's role in helping keep this corrupt regime in place?

This isn't the case in England or across most of Europe now. We have known about this for years. And yet it was dismissed as British jealousy or us being sore British losers. Well, who are the journalists and what country's media is now looking vindicated?

Oh yes - the British.

I don't think the Uruguayan FA has any role in keeping Blatter's regime in place. We're way too powerless to have a say in anything. I think that the regime stays unchanged because of bribery, because I have no other possible explanation for that.

Brazil play Chile today! What do you guys predict? I really think the Chileans have a shot to upset the home team. Brazil's defence still has loopholes here and there. But if they were to win it, Neymar will definitely play a part,

That was a stunning goal by Rodriguez

Oh yes, I'd say it's one of the top 3 goals of the tournament so far, Van Persie's header and Cahill's volley being the other 2. Rodrigues has been very impressive, I hope Colombia get far.

Glad i placed a 17€ bet on costa rica and payed out 27€ after the red card. Knew that they wouldn't make it to the finish line.

Wish you wouldn't of now, eh? :laugh3:

Gratz to Costa Rica, 5 perfect penalties!

Wish you wouldn't of now, eh? :laugh3:

Gratz to Costa Rica, 5 perfect penalties!

No. I placed it on win costa rica after 90 minutes. All good for me. Although i thought about putting that money on Netherlands win with more than 2,5 goals in the game and Costa Rica advancing to the next round in one bet. Would have made 100€.

No. I placed it on win costa rica after 90 minutes. All good for me. Although i thought about putting that money on Netherlands win with more than 2,5 goals in the game and Costa Rica advancing to the next round in one bet. Would have made 100€.

Oh nice! I thought they would beat Mexico by a few goals but looked like going out.

I've been away for a while, glad to see my country and Netherlands advancing to final 8 but sad about Uruguay.

I was hoping for them to prove that the team could win without Suaréz, he totally deserved that suspension though.

Guest LiquidSky

The games today were so intense!! I thought Mexico had it. There was only 4 minutes left!!