🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Official 2014 World Cup in BRA71L thread!

Sparky

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This made me chuckle on Twitter...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Suarez has said he hopes to avoid a ban and gets to play against Germany as he'd love to try a shoulder of Lahm. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WorldCup?src=hash">#WorldCup</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BanSuarez?src=hash">#BanSuarez</a></p>— Ryan Bridgeman (@RyanBridgeman) <a href="https://twitter.com/RyanBridgeman/statuses/481530576214974464">June 24, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I personally think the caramel spread seized at customs has had its knock on effect on Suarez :laugh3:

The Italy vs Uruguay game was unfair, i'm really angry

I think I totally understand how you feel. If I were Italian, I'd be so f****ing mad too.

The referee was OK overall. The red car was accurate. And yes, he did not whistle when he should've quite a few times that would have been a free kick for Italy, but he did that a few times for Uruguay too. I can remember two penalties (they weren't very clear penalties but hey, it's penalties!)

I think the referee made mistakes which injured both teams

And well, Suarez thing was.....

I'm not sure if he bit him, but what he did was SO WRONG no one can deny it. He should've got a red car, but the referee didn't see him; he was very lucky.

The Italian player reacted in a bad way for which he would have got a red car if the referee had saw the incident, so I dunno.

All in all, I don't think that if the referee had been better it would have changed the result of the game, but yes, you have every right to be VERY angry

I think I totally understand how you feel. If I were Italian, I'd be so f****ing mad too.

The referee was OK overall. The red car was accurate. And yes, he did not whistle when he should've quite a few times that would have been a free kick for Italy, but he did that a few times for Uruguay too. I can remember two penalties (they weren't very clear penalties but hey, it's penalties!)

I think the referee made mistakes which injured both teams

And well, Suarez thing was.....

I'm not sure if he bit him, but what he did was SO WRONG no one can deny it. He should've got a red car, but the referee didn't see him; he was very lucky.

The Italian player reacted in a bad way for which he would have got a red car if the referee had saw the incident, so I dunno.

All in all, I don't think that if the referee had been better it would have changed the result of the game, but yes, you have every right to be VERY angry

Totally agree with u but I think we can blame the referee for anything.

If Italy were more aggressive and better finishes on goal, they could have ended the game in the 1st half.

They kept defending the 0 - 0 and waiting for the final whistle, just a bad strategy IMO

Feel bad for Buffon and Pirlo, this was their last World Cup, good bye Squadra Azzurra :bigcry:

Totally agree with u but I think we can blame the referee for anything.

If Italy were more aggressive and better finishes on goal, they could have ended the game in the 1st half.

They kept defending the 0 - 0 and waiting for the final whistle, just a bad strategy IMO

Feel bad for Buffon and Pirlo, this was their last World Cup, good bye Squadra Azzurra :bigcry:

Yeah that's true!

thank god they chose that strategy haha

Suarez did bite Chiellini[/url]

wow it really looks like he did on that one!

for some reason it still doesn't convince me completely

Check this out :laugh3:

[video=youtube;Y2pUU2valTE]

HILARIOUS :laugh4:

I hear Fifa will investigate this case and Uruguay had until 5pm today to enter the defense.

curious fact: Suaréz had tried to bite Chiellini before, in Confederations Cup last year.

article

it's in portuguese but the pics confirm

Oh yeah, I did see these pics on a football forum :

2w2f0x3.jpg

Those ones in the article I haven't seen, looks like a grudge maybe then. Judging by what he said about his critics in England despite being praised by them for the past year, he finds it very hard to forgive!

Guest howyousawtheworld
FIFA = Mafia

I understand Uruguay are angry over this situation juanma.

But did the Uruguayan football team and their football authorities have any idea they were exacerbating the situation? Us Liverpool fans have always sided with the Uruguayan assumption of a needless obsession from the British media towards Luis Suarez and that there's been a constant desire to vilify him for anything even slightly untoward, whilst at the same time airbrushing the disgusting life of local players like that 'sweet English rose' John Terry.

However on this occasion, Liverpool have been royally fucked over by Suarez and the Uruguay national team who persisted with this bizarre idea that he did nothing despite tv evidence showing otherwise. This only exacerbated the situation. After the biting incident last year involving Chelsea's Ivanovic, Brendan Rodgers and Liverpool instantly got Suarez to apologise for his actions and condemned the actions themselves. Why didn't Uruguay do this and make things easier for them and FIFA? I have no doubt that if he had shown instant remorse over the incident and stated a desire and need to sort out this side of him (through counselling) then FIFA could have been a bit more lenient. But no. What we got was Luis coming out with a bizarre statement along the lines of 'I only moved my head to his shoulder' and 'it's not an issue worth talking about'. Tabarez, their manager, continued this, and the Uruguayan FA is persisting with it.

And yet thousands of miles away, Liverpool are stuck paying our highest earning player for absolutely no service for a full 4 months through no fault of its own. Brendan Rodgers worked wonders with him all last season to kick that out of him (to the extent that he won the golden boot AND the Football Writers and Players Player of of the Year Awards) and now it's been instilled back into him by this reckless culture seen on display by Uruguay. It shows a shocking lack of respect to Liverpool. And all this was allowed to happen, ignoring the potential repercussions on the club that pays his wages, coached him right up there and helped redeem himself after his previous incidents.

I really respected Uruguay and wanted them to do so well at this tournament because of Suarez's involvement. I love the guy for all his brilliance but now I feel so let down (by Suarez and Uruguay) and we are bearing the brunt of it and going to suffer most for it.

I'm sure Brendan is apoplectic. He's now going to return from his summer break having to fight one hell of a major fire that he could have done without. By time he's served his suspension it will be the start of November before he's back playing with us. If you add in previous suspensions served to Suarez he will have cost us 32 lost games. That is borderline breach of contract and Liverpool should have the power to do whatever they want. I would think the club would look into fining him through this loss of service. Selling him will be considered but I highly doubt Liverpool would want to go down that route considering that he's probably shed of quite a few pounds of his valuation with his suspension status. In that respect we have been put in a lose/lose situation through no fault of our own.