✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2-Jul-2014] Royal Albert Hall, London, UK

Tash

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BBC weather forecast is saying - Tuesday, between 4 - 7pm, 20 - 21 temp. with sunshine, bit of cloud and slight showers. Later on - dry.

Do we even care? There's a roof!

Actually, colder weather is best for a RAH gig - especially if there's no queueing involved, as it can get mighty warm inside.

German. But i figured you guys can understand it, doesnt matter what language.

Sent via Tapatalk

I can see it's german even though I cant understand nor read it. One of my friends speaks german fluently and he lives in Stuttgart :D

I see more tickets have been out and about...

Interesting - hadn't spotted "Stage seats" in the listing before - were they always there?

Guess, with the show being in the round, it's an opportunity to put people on what would normally be the stage. Had thought that it'd be a bit odd having all that empty space at the back!

Makes you wonder where the screens & lasers will be, mind...

I'm imagining it to being projected onto the roof! As for lasers, they might be surrounding the stage?

No, you'd ruin the acoustics if you had screens in the ceiling. The roof is great for atmospheric lighting, mind. I guess there's still the space in front of the organ for screens - I just checked out this photo from years back when my son sang as part of a schools event and the stage was packed out. View from the Circle, BTW - the conductor is right in the centre of where I'm expecting the stage to be - a good enough view for everyone?

136_3683_zps70709343.jpg

Mind you, wouldn't it be great if Chris used the opportunity of the venue to play Fix You on the organ, like Matt Bellamy did when Muse played there:

IMG_5199.jpg

And Madness did it too:

IMG_5105.jpg

I guess lasers will be from around the organ. Putting them around the stage probably wouldn't give them enough length to punch through.

No, you'd ruin the acoustics if you had screens in the ceiling. The roof is great for atmospheric lighting, mind. I guess there's still the space in front of the organ for screens - I just checked out this photo from years back when my son sang as part of a schools event and the stage was packed out. View from the Circle, BTW - the conductor is right in the centre of where I'm expecting the stage to be - a good enough view for everyone?

136_3683_zps70709343.jpg

Mind you, wouldn't it be great if Chris used the opportunity of the venue to play Fix You on the organ, like Matt Bellamy did when Muse played there:

IMG_5199.jpg

And Madness did it too:

IMG_5105.jpg

I guess lasers will be from around the organ. Putting them around the stage probably wouldn't give them enough length to punch through.

Not putting screens on the roof, PROJECTING the images into it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Not putting screens on the roof, PROJECTING the images into it.

But it's a complex structure, with the acoustic mushrooms hanging.

Of course, if you did some very clever mapping, you could project onto the mushrooms, but I doubt the effort would be warranted for this event.

This, from before McCartney's Teenage Cancer Trust gig 2 years ago is about as good as you can get - great for pre-show effects, but hardly Coldplay quality HD video...

P1620559_zpsf96f4d94.jpg

But it's a complex structure, with the acoustic mushrooms hanging.

Of course, if you did some very clever mapping, you could project onto the mushrooms, but I doubt the effort would be warranted for this event.

This, from before McCartney's Teenage Cancer Trust gig 2 years ago is about as good as you can get - great for pre-show effects, but hardly Coldplay quality HD video...

P1620559_zpsf96f4d94.jpg

What about images projected onto the audience? I have seen that before at other gigs.