✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Strokes

mburn

SO EXCITED :freak: oh my god

if we get to the barrier then we'll be pretty much safe if the crowd goes crazy :uhoh:

We plan to wait all day, I'm pretty sure we're going to get barrier. And safe-er, yes, but things can still get pretty hot and heavy at the barrier, haha. I worry about like, getting smashed against the railing and cracking a hip or something, haha.

Nah, we'll be fine. But I am pretty convinced that the Oxegen crowd is going to be much more wild than the Coachella crowd (which is going to be much more wild than the Sweetlife crowd--it's a festival run by salad-making hippies for God's sake).

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh god our poor hips... D: yeah the Oxegen crowd will for sure be quite intense, hopefully it won't get out of hand though... but i think we'll be fine though!

We'll definitely be fine, it's not like we're two completely naive concert-virgins, haha. You're also taller than I am, so you have a better chance of not being eaten by the crowd!

9 days til I see them at Coachella :bomb: :bigcry:.

(BTW, Jo, your sig lyrics..."Apartment Story" is my favorite The National song :wacky:).

The translation was a little bit off, but I just read a new interview that Albert did where he apparently said that the band was going to try to release some sort of video, like backstage footage of them on tour, or something like that. I hope they do!

Well, just as an FYI to anyone else going to a Strokes show, particularly a festival where there are hardcore and/or other really, really popular acts on the same stage...beware. As fun as Coachella was all weekend, it was an absolute riot scene on Sunday. I was expecting bad, like I said in my previous posts, but I wasn't expecting THAT bad. I'm curious to find out how many people were taken to the hospital--so many unconscious and bloody people pulled out of the crowd. It was mostly due to the act two acts before The Strokes and Kanye right after them, but I think all festival goers need to be aware of how other bands' fans can seriously affect what goes down in the crowd. If it had just been Strokes people, I think it would have been much better. I ended up at the back of the crowd, a mile away, unable to see anything but the screen just so I didn't have to worry for my life and be distracted from the music.

Anyway, there's a little PSA. I see them again in 10 days, so there's my second shot, and again in 2.5 months at another huge festival, so hopefully what I learned this past weekend will better prepare me for what to expect.

Your tumblr post was SO WELL WRITTEN i was reading it and i felt like i was there haha it made me kinda freaked out though BUT then i got to the part about Hard To Explain (which is one of my favourites) and now i'm just FUCKING EXCITED :awesome: i just don't think Oxegen will be that bad especially if TN would play before them..+Coldplay after so...AND We're seeing Coldplay after them anyways so no time to be disappointed even if we were a bit further back! will be awesome anyways!

Thanks, Jo! :kiss:

Yeah, it was scary. But I agree, I think as long as there's not a hardcore act before them, it can't possibly as bad. And because I was faring well for myself at Coachella and decided to get pulled for enjoyment reasons, I really think I can handle Oxegen. Unless I get seriously freaked, which I doubt, I will be standing my ground at Oxegen 100%. I will NOT relinquish my spot for The Strokes AND Coldplay (and hopefully The National!), I don't care if I can't move my arms or touch the ground.

is there a review for the Strokes at Coachella??

You mean in the press, or personal? I could link you to my long one, but it's not a review, it's a personal experience.

Thanks, Jo! :kiss:

Yeah, it was scary. But I agree, I think as long as there's not a hardcore act before them, it can't possibly as bad. And because I was faring well for myself at Coachella and decided to get pulled for enjoyment reasons, I really think I can handle Oxegen. Unless I get seriously freaked, which I doubt, I will be standing my ground at Oxegen 100%. I will NOT relinquish my spot for The Strokes AND Coldplay (and hopefully The National!), I don't care if I can't move my arms or touch the ground.

You mean in the press, or personal? I could link you to my long one, but it's not a review, it's a personal experience.

yes your personal review.Id love to read it...Thanks

Since I've seen their 'Under cover of Darkness' video I'm sort of really obsessed with The Strokes :wideeyed:

Is there any good forum about them ? I didn't find anything except a Julian Casablancas board which is sort of dead :\

Since I've seen their 'Under cover of Darkness' video I'm sort of really obsessed with The Strokes :wideeyed:

Is there any good forum about them ? I didn't find anything except a Julian Casablancas board which is sort of dead :\

i aslo became obsessed with them after seeing the video.But I have to say that I have gone back and read all their old interviews and the new ones and Im getting crazy upset,reading about how they dont get along..

I cant believe that Im acting this way, about being so upset.My family thinks Im crazy

here is another good website.http://www.shesfixingherhair.co.uk/blog/

^ Thanks for the website =)

Yeah I saw a lot of interviews as well saying they don't get along so well anymore. I feel like I've discovered them too late... :(

Anyway, I really enjoy every song I listen to and that's the most important :awesome:

yes your personal review.Id love to read it...Thanks

Here it is! It's really, really long, though.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, DON'T dwell on the interviews. The only goal of those journalists is to sell magazines, and they'll do that any way they can, even if it means fabricating drama.

:clap: Katie knows what she's talking about. There was just a really inflamatory interview in Q magazine and everyone's freaking out. I just roll my eyes. Of course, there were/maybe still are some band issues--no one's denying that. But everyone needs to stop acting like they're going to break up tomorrow. They seem to have pretty concrete plans for making a 5th album, and soon. After that, who knows, and as heartbroken as I'd be if they called it quits (I'd probably take to my bed for like a week, seriously)...I'd get it. Because bands don't last forever. And the ones that do usually drop off drastically in quality over the years. I really do think these are speedbumps rather than the bitter end, though. However, that's not stopping me from going to every single concert of theirs I can possibly go to just in case. All anyone can do is wait and see, because no one's ever going to know the real story except those five guys.

Yeah I know I should not believe much in interviews... It's just what I usually do to learn more about artists I enjoy. I mostly read interviews (I don't really understand when Jules is talking :embarrassed: ) where journalists cartainly fabricate a lot of stuff.

Anyway I'm currently watching their Isle of Wight 2010 gig and I really like it !

This is the first Strokes interview I saw

[ame=

]
[/ame]

00:40 = Nick speaking French = 10 points for the Strokes !

Then I discovered Nikolai's French is flawless = 10 more points...

And so on...

I hope we never traumatized them though.

The interviewer is so arrogant and is raping Jules with her eyes here. [ame=

]
[/ame]

The lame joke here.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

We are such a bunch of loosers :disappointed:

Nikolai and Julian went to French-speaking school for years straight, and I think Nikolai spoke mostly French at home as a kid :D. I think Nick's parents are French too. It's actually kind of interesting to watch them in French interviews, because it seems a lot of time like they're listening to the questions being asked in French and they completely understand, but they answer mostly in English.

BTW, The Strokes just announced a French gig today! July 20 at Le Zenith in Paris! Could you make it? Tickets onsale tomorrow :dance:

The-Strokes-Play-Paris-July-20.jpg

I'm actually really, really sad about it because July 20 is the VERY DAY of my university graduation :sad:. ANY other day and I'd be there in Paris (I live in England most of the year so Paris is easy to get to!). I'm seeing them so many times this year so I can't complain, but it's just kind of tragically hilarious that the ONE DAY in July I can't go to see them, and they're playing somewhere I could easily get to :dozey:.

Oh how much I'd like to go and see them !

But... 1. I love my friends but they really listen to the most awful music ever so there'd be no one to come with me.

2. Being 16 I'm definitely not going alone in Paris.

So yeah my life sucks.

I'm sorry you can't go as well. All the best stuff always takes place the same day ; it's always this way ! But you'll be able to see them somewhere else, won't you ?