• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fine you wear a 'i heart nick valensi'

and then take me to macho pikachu , i mean machu picchu :anxious:

Deal! :awesome:

Hahaha macho pikachu is waiting for you :botoxlips:

me too so it's ok :awesome: and we could queue early and get front row :awesome:

I'm gonna camp 1 night before if they play here :wacky:

I'm so addicted to the strokes that is just not healthy o.o Ok not really but oh man! My new goal in life is to see them live :wacky:

Yeah, this is me in a post :dead:. I am such a freak for them it's insane. Like I've loved them since 2001, but this year I've really been off my head about them ever since it's sounded like they were FINALLY making their comeback.

I want an I heart Valensi shirt too :wacky:

I remember when this was my avatar and I brought The Strokes to like 15 Coldplayers because everyone asked me who it was :awesome:

JULIAN_1253533248_crop_312x323.jpg

Hahahaha if I'd seen that I surely would have been one of those people. Julian Casablancas is amazing :heart:

well as most of you probably know by now. The Strokes finished a free show at SXSW just a few hours ago. it was an un-announced show and as the news spread a massive crowd built up in front of the venue. and naturally madness ensued.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI-LCKFeHlw]YouTube - SXSW The Strokes Riot[/ame]

but aside from that it seemed like an awesome performance. it began in madness but ended like this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuZiSLIkWj4]YouTube - The Strokes @ SXSW in Austin TX[/ame]

I remember when this was my avatar and I brought The Strokes to like 15 Coldplayers because everyone asked me who it was :awesome:

JULIAN_1253533248_crop_312x323.jpg

Ajskfgdh, that is forever my favorite Julian photo :cheesy:

[/fangirl]

well as most of you probably know by now. The Strokes finished a free show at SXSW just a few hours ago. it was an un-announced show and as the news spread a massive crowd built up in front of the venue. and naturally madness ensued.

Yeahhh. It's funny because last night, Nikolai tweeted a photo of these (adorable) pre-teen girls that were holding up a sign for him (NIKOLAI BROKE THE ZOOM :lol:) while queuing, and since they were so little and looked so inexperienced, they were literally on my mind all night because I know how The Strokes' crowds have been lately and I didn't want these kids to get hurt or pushed away when they'd been waiting for so long. I expected this to be madness, given the fact that it was free and St. Patrick's day, but I guess I didn't expect a mini-riot, even if it was fairly tame as they go.

I'm seeing them three times this year, and I'm actually decently worried about it, and I have been in pits quite a few times. The crowds for these guys since their 2010 return to live performances have been fucking nuts, with all sorts of crazy stories. I don't know if I'm making them out to be more intense-sounding than they actually are, but I'm worried about how I'll manage Coachella and Oxegen (Sweetlife Fest in DC to a lesser extent...smaller venue, and the festival is run by salad-makers, for God's sake). As much as I can totally stand a little pushing and shoving, I'll have been waiting without food or water or bathrooms all day, and in the blistering heat at Coachella as well, and by the time the dramatics start I'll be in a weakened state. I really don't want to get pulled out and have all my time waiting wasted...especially at Oxegen, because I'll miss being at the front for Coldplay as well, which I know I can 100% handle :uhoh:

but aside from that it seemed like an awesome performance. it began in madness but ended like this

Some people are truly ridiculous :rolleyes:

But it still looked like an excellent show.

My concert is on April 1st can you spell EXCITEMENT