✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Strokes

mburn

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently they've already started working on the next album.

Yeah, Julian did say so. I believe that they are, but it's probably more of just fooling around and experimenting with things than it is actual songwriting or production. I assume we'll be waiting at least another two years before the next one. I don't like to be optimistic :P

Doesn't sound too bad.

Better than the last album by quite a bit in terms of in its entirety, but missing a couple of amazing singles which the last one had. Not a patch on the first two albums, but I'm pleasantly surprised. Much better than I expected. A good background album.

Apparently they've already started working on the next album.

In the quote I read, I took it less to mean that "we have already started to write and work" and more like "we have a lot of stuff backlogged that we plan to take up sooner than we thought we would." They've sounded optimistic about there being a 5th, though, and it coming out much sooner than it took them to churn out this one, by the looks of things. Both of which make me want to roll around hugging myself :wacky:.

However, for a pretty popular band with a new record, their touring schedule seems light and spread-out as it stands now, so who knows, maybe they'll start hacking away at things soon rather than waiting for everything surrounding Angles to die down.

which song do you think it will be the next single?

I say Taken for a Fool

I'd say either Taken for a Fool or Machu Picchu :dance:

Aww, Nick :wacky:

I really hope they do some proper, unreleased B-sides, though. From the three "in the studio videos," there were some vocal phrases and a guitar hook that seem to be begging to be used to me.

Omg the germans are taking over Machu Picchu.

It's definitely one of my favorites as well.

Germans are everywhere. :sneaky:

I've listened to the whole album two times, but then I got stuck on Machu Picchu and Under cover of Darkness and had those on repeat. :freak: