✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Amazing Day

@AwardChris

Let me start by saying its very nice of you to directly ask for my opinion!

It's known that the band have little snippets of ideas and once in a while they would dive back into their library and work on it. It isn't out of the realm of possibility that this is the case here.

With that being said, I personally don't think this has a direct lineage with GS. I do hear a bit of Always In My Head in there, though I see it mixed with a more Strawberry Swing theme.

Okay, I thought I was crazy because I was hearing a bit of Strawberry Swing in there as well, but no one else was commenting on it. Glad I'm not alone :lol:

A) I know, but given its current placing and the way it's repeated it makes me think it's a strong title possibility

B) No, but when people ask me what I'm listening to, I feel much cooler saying "A Rush of Blood to the Head" or "Twisted Logic" than I do saying "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall" or "Amazing Day" :lol:

It doesn't affect how I like the song, but that was just my first impression :P

a) It doesn't matter how many ppl repeat a wrong statement, it doesn't make it true.

edit: wait, do you mean ppl repeating it, or Chris repeating the line?

b)Oh, I can kinda understand that. But i'm a bit more selfish in that I really just hope I enjoy it and don't really care if others do if i'm being honest. The same applies if Coldplay win a bunch of awards: doesn't matter to me 'cause I love their music whether they win no awards, 1 awards or all of them.

My $0.02 on the new song situation: 15 second snippets are not a lot to go off of. Granted, its more than we got previously and i'm stoked to get anything. But I can't get a good read/vibe off the clips. I'd like to compare it to the first time I heard a snippet of Paradise on some website that played those 30-second clips of songs before you buy them. See, this new song doesn't give me the same hype as when I heard Paradise. Granted, the website picked a very good spot (when the synths came in at the beginning) to sample. And the new clips are just random.

tl;dr, a good start, I don't hate/nor love the song basically because there isn't enough to go off of. But hey, that could change in less than 24 hours!

I feel kind of the same way as you to be honest... These cell phone clips really can't capture the greatness in this song so far. We shouldn't judge it too much just yet. and we haven't heard the full song either. We shouldn't get too let down nor too excited because who knows what the other 2 minues are like. But as for first impressions. I am really impressed so far. I actually love what we have so far (remember that, so far) but who knows what the full song is like. We just have to wait less than 24 hours - I honestly am so over-excited and can't wait! :D

B) No, but when people ask me what I'm listening to, I feel much cooler saying "A Rush of Blood to the Head" or "Twisted Logic" than I do saying "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall" or "Amazing Day"

Agreed. The unforgettable reactions you get from everyone at lunch when asked what you're listening to and you say "Cemeteries of London" :speechless: :worried: :uneasy: :whaaat: :escaping2:

This may relate to Chris wanting to outdo Pharrell with "the perfect happy song." The actual melody is a little melancholy though.

a) It doesn't matter how many ppl repeat a wrong statement, it doesn't make it true.

b)Oh, I can kinda understand that. But i'm a bit more selfish in that I really just hope I enjoy it and don't really care if others do if i'm being honest. The same applies if Coldplay win a bunch of awards: doesn't matter to me 'cause I love their music whether they win no awards, 1 awards or all of them.

a) I completely agree with that. :D

Edit: I honestly don't know, if anything if you're going to make a song title based off of what he's repeating you should be naming it "In Your Arms" or "In Your Eyes". Not "Amazing Day" because I don't remember him saying that once. Maybe they just suggested that for a title because it's an amazing day right now.. :P

b) Same here. I wouldn't care too much about the song title if you know you're talking Coldplay because it's most likely going to be amazing. But it does sound cooler saying "A Rush of Blood to the Head" or "Twisted Logic" than "Amazing Day". Just sayin'.

a) I completely agree with that. :D

Edit: I honestly don't know, if anything if you're going to make a song title based off of what he's repeating you should be naming it "In Your Arms" or "In Your Eyes". Not "Amazing Day" because I don't remember him saying that once.

I only remember hearing it once in the 4 clips.

I only remember hearing it once in the 4 clips.

Hold on nevermind... I already heard the fourth link I never thought I heard before once and didn't immediately link it to the new song for whatever reason. I see what you're talking about now. My bad :P

I was going to ask you for the link but now I've heard it... :P

Guys, it may be a special song the boys made for Global Citizen and all the proceeds from the sale of the song (released tomorrow) will go to such organization.

Hmm interesting. I get the same feeling too but it may be a new single as well. Who knows, we will see tomorrow.

Omg so excited!!

A) Yeah, I meant Chris repeating it. I believe he says "amazing day" twice in a part of the song that sounds like it could be a refrain of some sort. Given Coldplay's history with naming songs after words repeated in the song, I thought it was a good possibility :nice:

B) Like I said, the actual title of the song won't change whether I love or hate it, but just on a first-impression basis I wasn't too thrilled. Once I actually hear the song and get an opinion, the song title really doesn't mean anything anymore

Of course, the song could wind up being titled something totally different, in which case none of this really matters anyway :lol:

Okay just got done going through the last 4 hours of posts haha.

Gonna agree with a bunch of things that have been said: sounds great, can't wait for tomorrow, could be a song from GS, and I hope the title is a bit more creative haha.

But, anyways, I like this ending....to me it sounds like a mix of Speed of Sound and Strawberry Swing....is anyone getting that haha?

Always In My Head B-side?

Despite that, we have to wait to hear the whole thing before judging, even if that snippet it's quite good

b-but we wANNA HEAR IT NAUWOH :snobby:

we always turn into little brats when new stuff gets released :wacko:

b-but we wANNA HEAR IT NAUWOH :snobby:

we always turn into little brats when new stuff gets released :wacko:

Dood

Chill :smug: