✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Amazing Day

@AwardChris

I think so too. The lyrics are very GS-esque as well as the generally melody and Jonny's guitar. This would also explain the electronic drums if the theory this is an unheard song from the GS sessions is true.

I love how the fact that this band never repeat themselves has become so normal that we're now thinking it's an old song just because it sounds like the previous record :awesome:

It may sound like electronic drums. But that distinct sound is a bass drum and Will hitting the metal side of the snare with his sticks to get that effect.. I have no doubt.

As a drummer, I can vouch for this it's not miked up properly and the snare is tuned deep and as Spider-Man stated before me what he is doing hitting the metal rim of the snare is called a "Rimshot"

What ive heard so far:

I dont like it. :(

To be honest I'm not too pushed about it either. The lyrics are quite bland and very similar to GS lyrics which were slated (One of the main things I'm hoping for AHFOD is better lyrics. The lyrics printed on Chris's pants were FAR superior to this. It makes me think this is a GS song that didn't make the cut. I'm almost sure of it) BUT keep in mind 15 second snippets with less than ideal audio quality is not the best context to judge a song in, especially when we already have preconceived notions and biases (This will be a poppy record, therefore I already hate it)

Realistic expectations here. It's not going to sound like AROBTTH, this is nothing but a pipe dream. At least it's not an EDM driven dance song produced by Justin Bieber. It's Coldplay sounding and that's enough to keep me happy until we hear more.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Guys, it may be a special song the boys made for Global Citizen and all the proceeds from the sale of the song (released tomorrow) will go to such organization.

Like U2's Invisible.

Please note, most of these (unless Sparky's still moving some posts over here) were from the LP7 thread.

The Adversary, your quote's in red.

HowCouldIForget, your quote's in blue.

the_escapist, your quote's in gold.

SprayCanSoulGuy, your quote's in green.

Brook, your quote's in magenta.

Ronnie O Sullivan, your quote's in orange.

If this is a song from the GS era it's another to add to the list of "Why the hell was this left off the album and True Love/ASFOS left on!"

Exactly! Both True Love and ASFOS are great songs but this new song could replace True Love simply because this song cleanly beats it everywhere. I actually like True Love a lot but this new song blows it away.

As for ASFOS it's an amazing track and I might be the only one on here who actually loves it but I think we can both agree that this new song we just heard really fits GS better... :P

Hmm. Mixed feels. Liking that Jonny guitar. But why the electronic drums? I thought we were passed this. Also does anyone know where I can find that long list of songs Coldplay were considering for MX?

It sounds a bit like electronic drums but:

It may sound like electronic drums. But that distinct sound is a bass drum and Will hitting the metal side of the snare with his sticks to get that effect.. I have no doubt.

Also, honestly I don't mind electronic drums but for Coldplay I expect a bit higher of them since I do prefer real drums over electronic (obviously). But they are most likely real drums :D

Guys' date=' it may be a special song the boys made for Global Citizen and all the proceeds from the sale of the song (released tomorrow) will go to such organization.[/quote']

It could be... but I honestly think it's a new song from AHFOD. We'll know very soon what that song is though. Regardless, it's new material we never heard before, and it's absolutely beautiful. Why not enjoy it? :D

HOLY SHIT!

I wasn't too excited when the news first started coming...

The music video news and stuff...

But now I've learned that...

A: this is a happy version of Always In My Head that will most likely be the album opener. I mean come on, it's the EXACT OPPOSITE of AIMH!

and B: THAT THIS ALBUM WILL BE AMAZING!!!!

NOW I'm excited. NOW I'm hyped and NOW I want this album to come out RIGHT NOW!

That theory might actually be correct! It is interesting how GS and AHFOD seem to be like night and day, sad and happy...

In my opinion the song really sounds like a bit of a more upbeat version of Up In Flames though...

BMcav75.png

Sound-checked 7 songs...

Does that mean they'll do seven tommorow?:wink3::D

HOLY!!!!! That's crazy!! Does anyone, seriously, have a recording of all 7 song??

Also, that's be crazy if they did play 7 songs tomorrow... I guess Coldplay wasn't lying when they said that the album was almost finished! :D

Thx Batman :)

umm, im actually the only one not really liking what we heard so far of this new song :confused:

what? What's bad about it? It's absolutely beautiful... I'd like to hear why you don't really like it. I love it so far. :P

I have A Head Full Of Dreams... and one of them is to go to a Coldplay Concert :laugh4:

There's no way this new song is the first single off of AHFOD, it's nothing like described by those who heard the song in India.

I also doesn't fit the energetic and bombastic music video we are expecting. Unless the chorus explodes and takes off which is a possibility. I'm convinced it's from the GS era. I could be wrong though.

My $0.02 on the new song situation: 15 second snippets are not a lot to go off of. Granted, its more than we got previously and i'm stoked to get anything. But I can't get a good read/vibe off the clips. I'd like to compare it to the first time I heard a snippet of Paradise on some website that played those 30-second clips of songs before you buy them. See, this new song doesn't give me the same hype as when I heard Paradise. Granted, the website picked a very good spot (when the synths came in at the beginning) to sample. And the new clips are just random.

tl;dr, a good start, I don't hate/nor love the song basically because there isn't enough to go off of. But hey, that could change in less than 24 hours!

HOLY!!!!! That's crazy!! Does anyone, seriously, have a recording of all 7 song??

Also, that's be crazy if they did play 7 songs tomorrow... I guess Coldplay wasn't lying when they said that the album was almost finished! :D

I believe they meant seven songs altogether. As in, six were old songs like ASFoS, Viva, Paradise, etc. and one was this new song we're hearing snippets of ;)

I'm not a huge fan of the title "Amazing Day," to be perfectly honest. A bit too much of the cheese factor for me--sounds like the way a middle schooler would title her journal entry :P But nothing's official yet and the melody is lovely so far, so I'm still excited!

My $0.02 on the new song situation: 15 second snippets are not a lot to go off of. Granted, its more than we got previously and i'm stoked to get anything. But I can't get a good read/vibe off the clips. I'd like to compare it to the first time I heard a snippet of Paradise on some website that played those 30-second clips of songs before you buy them. See, this new song doesn't give me the same hype as when I heard Paradise. Granted, the website picked a very good spot (when the synths came in at the beginning) to sample. And the new clips are just random.

tl;dr, a good start, I don't hate/nor love the song basically because there isn't enough to go off of. But hey, that could change in less than 24 hours!

Can I ask your opinion on the theory this might be a song from the GS era that didn't make the album?

I'm not a huge fan of the title "Amazing Day," to be perfectly honest. A bit too much of the cheese factor for me--sounds like the way a middle schooler would title her journal entry :P But nothing's official yet and the melody is lovely so far, so I'm still excited!

My feelings toward the title are:

a) The band didn't say that was the title as far as I know, just ColdplayAtlas

b) If, for example, the song Politik was suddenly called 'Whale Farts', would you love it any less? For me, no

A rose by any other name would smell just as sweet

Can I ask your opinion on the theory this might be a song from the GS era that didn't make the album?

Let me start by saying its very nice of you to directly ask for my opinion!

It's known that the band have little snippets of ideas and once in a while they would dive back into their library and work on it. It isn't out of the realm of possibility that this is the case here.

With that being said, I personally don't think this has a direct lineage with GS. I do hear a bit of Always In My Head in there, though I see it mixed with a more Strawberry Swing theme.

My feelings toward the title are:

a) The band didn't say that was the title as far as I know, just ColdplayAtlas

b) If, for example, the song Politik was suddenly called 'Whale Farts', would you love it any less? For me, no

A rose by any other name would smell just as sweet

A) I know, but given its current placing and the way it's repeated it makes me think it's a strong title possibility

B) No, but when people ask me what I'm listening to, I feel much cooler saying "A Rush of Blood to the Head" or "Twisted Logic" than I do saying "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall" or "Amazing Day" :lol:

It doesn't affect how I like the song, but that was just my first impression :P