✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Amazing Day

@AwardChris

To me, it sounds a lot more like AIMH. This song could be for a charity at some point though. If it will then I am not going to be surprised about it.

I agree.....considering they have done charity songs in the past like How You See the World 2, etc...

I agree.....considering they have done charity songs in the past like How You See the World 2, etc...

Yup, thats how I feel after hearing a few snippets. Although we cant listen to the whole song until tomorrow but I have two considerations: a song for the charity or a song for B-Sides.

b-but we wANNA HEAR IT NAUWOH :snobby:

we always turn into little brats when new stuff gets released :wacko:

I don't know why but it is at least 10 years that I get excited this way only with them. Even if i'm critic most of the time I write here, everytime I wait for something new i feel good, it's a great sensation...

That sound amazing!! (Well not on a smartphone but when they release it I could just imagine!!)

BTW they're still insisting the song is called "Amazing Day"... did they get official word from Coldplay saying that was the song title or are they just making something up just so everyone can refer to it easily? I really hope Coldplay has a better song title for that and this is just a temporary song title just so we can all refer to it easily...

A) Yeah, I meant Chris repeating it. I believe he says "amazing day" twice in a part of the song that sounds like it could be a refrain of some sort. Given Coldplay's history with naming songs after words repeated in the song, I thought it was a good possibility :nice:

B) Like I said, the actual title of the song won't change whether I love or hate it, but just on a first-impression basis I wasn't too thrilled. Once I actually hear the song and get an opinion, the song title really doesn't mean anything anymore

Of course, the song could wind up being titled something totally different, in which case none of this really matters anyway :lol:

A) How is he repeating it? I only heard him say it once in each of the 5 clips... did you hear a 6th clip or something? Please show me where you heard it being repeated... I'd love to know! I really think if you want to name this song going off of repeating phrases you should title it "In Your Eyes". I also honestly think Coldplay could come up with a better name for a song... :P

B) Yeah... I wouldn't be thrilled either if I never heard a song before and it's title was "Amazing Day". I'd still give it a go it though, just because you never know. But I ended up hearing the clips first, and the actual music - how it sounds - once you know the song, it's more important than the song title. But in my opinion the song title when you first release a song is really important since most people would just scroll on and maybe laugh a little if they saw a song's title be named "Amazing Day" because that just sounds a little silly...

As for your closing statement, I really think it will be called something different because I know Coldplay is better at giving names to songs than that. This convo is most likely pretty much worthless :lol:

I have A Head Full Of Dreams... and one of them is to go to a Coldplay Concert :laugh4:

Just caught up with the vids. It's a cool song imo :D Has a bit of a Strawberry Swing feel to it. Very uplifting. Maybe this is the 'perfect happy song' Chris was trying to write?

From what I've read (please correct me if i'm wrong), there isn't any confirmation that the song is called 'Amazing Day'. It most likely will be but atm it's based on the assumption of the chorus lyrics. Could be called something completely different, who knows.

I'm quietly confident the title is Amazing Day, my source (who sent the video) said it 'definitely is' and he'd be very surprised if it wasnt titled that. But, I think, Ink? Oceans? and O to name a just a few tracks off the last album that don't mention the title in their lyrics...

All in all, it doesn't really matter until it's confirmed. From what I learnt following the Avicii news and how the EDM world calls new tracks, if they don't know the title they'd call it, in this situation: "Amazing Day [iD]" - Trying to explain that to coldplayers would have been extra dificult, so i didn't bother & went with the knowledge and evidence I had.

bottom line: we'll see :)

Guest howyousawtheworld

Chris with Richard Curtis there

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CPxvF2gVEAA2x0f.jpg

Is Richard Curtis head of Global Goals then? Would make sense considering he created Comic Relief here in the UK back in the early 80s and where Coldplay have been frequent contributors since the early 00s here on British tv. Impressive stuff yet again from that man! He's come a long way from writing and creating Blackadder and Mr Bean back in the 80s and 90s.

A) How is he repeating it? I only heard him say it once in each of the 5 clips... did you hear a 6th clip or something? Please show me where you heard it being repeated... I'd love to know! I really think if you want to name this song going off of repeating phrases you should title it "In Your Eyes". I also honestly think Coldplay could come up with a better name for a song... :P

B) Yeah... I wouldn't be thrilled either if I never heard a song before and it's title was "Amazing Day". I'd still give it a go it though, just because you never know. But I ended up hearing the clips first, and the actual music - how it sounds - once you know the song, it's more important than the song title. But in my opinion the song title when you first release a song is really important since most people would just scroll on and maybe laugh a little if they saw a song's title be named "Amazing Day" because that just sounds a little silly...

As for your closing statement, I really think it will be called something different because I know Coldplay is better at giving names to songs than that. This convo is most likely pretty much worthless :lol:

A) I mean, I only heard it in one clip, but I think he repeated it twice. I don't remember the lyrics now but it was basically

"blah blah

Amazing day

blah blah

Amazing day"

But I could also be misremembering in my excitement so who knows :P The point being the fact that it seems to have a prominent place in the lyrics we've heard so far, it seems a likely candidate for the title.

B) I totally agree. It's similar to the whole "don't judge a book by its cover." Unfortunately, I tend to do that all the time so apparently I'm big on first impressions :lol: Regardless, still excited to hear it and still optimistic it'll be a good song

I'm quietly confident the title is Amazing Day, my source (who sent the video) said it 'definitely is' and he'd be very surprised if it wasnt titled that. But, I think, Ink? Oceans? and O to name a just a few tracks off the last album that don't mention the title in their lyrics...

All in all, it doesn't really matter until it's confirmed. From what I learnt following the Avicii news and how the EDM world calls new tracks, if they don't know the title they'd call it, in this situation: "Amazing Day [iD]" - Trying to explain that to coldplayers would have been extra dificult, so i didn't bother & went with the knowledge and evidence I had.

bottom line: we'll see :)

I really hope the source is wrong... I know Coldplay can do better than that :P

But the song itself sounds beautiful which is the important point...