✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Amazing Day

@AwardChris

What I find strange is that there is piano playing but chris isn't playing it. It seems to be a perfectly playable part of piano, unlike the one from ASFOS (because of the filters/effects and the necessity of chris jumping around everywhere and not sitting behind the piano while everyone's dancing). Definitely don't know..

Guest howyousawtheworld

Sounds nice! BUT couldn't they have called it 'A Perfect Day'? Substitute the lyrics 'Amazing Day' with 'A Perfect Day' and you've got a sweet, sugary, summery pop song. Now I know there's a few songs called 'Perfect Day' including Lou Reed's BUT there's plenty of songs out there that have same or similar titles and 'A Perfect Day' just sounds far more suited to a simple reminiscent croon.

Sounds nice! BUT couldn't they have called it 'A Perfect Day'? Substitute the lyrics 'Amazing Day' with 'A Perfect Day' and you've got a sweet, sugary, summery pop song. Now I know there's a few songs called 'Perfect Day' including Lou Reed's BUT there's plenty of songs out there that have same or similar titles and 'A Perfect Day' just sounds far more suited and far more suited to a reminiscent croon.

Strawberry Swing

I agree with the people who said this isn't a new song from the AHFOD era. It's probably a charity song for GCF. Reason 1: If they unveil a new song to us today it's gonna be a song that reflects the album best. From what I've heard about AHFOD it's supposed to be the day of GS. That song is pretty slow and sounds just like some GS song washed up. Reason 2: If they unveil a new song it will probably be the one we will hear as a single. And the music video they shot was most likely a single since it was shot so early. I mean why would they shoot a music video in September but put it on the last single in December. That's dumb. And so if you look at the pictures of the music video and then listen to the song snippet they just don't match. I mean imagine that song being played in the background while people are dancing and having a holi festival. It's just not right. It's like the Paradise music video or the ETIAW music video being played but Sparks is in the background.

i think it sounds soothing and sweet. Beautiful, building up and then bursting with a powerful 'ohhh', soaring yet gentle guitar and could be a perfect soundtrack to some fireworks = the Coldplay I love!

Itching to hear the full song!

also dont think this is the AHFOD single. I doubt they'd carelessly let the fans hear it like that. They'd surely try and build it up a bit at least..?

I agree with the people who said this isn't a new song from the AHFOD era. It's probably a charity song for GCF. Reason 1: If they unveil a new song to us today it's gonna be a song that reflects the album best. From what I've heard about AHFOD it's supposed to be the day of GS. That song is pretty slow and sounds just like some GS song washed up. Reason 2: If they unveil a new song it will probably be the one we will hear as a single. And the music video they shot was most likely a single since it was shot so early. I mean why would they shoot a music video in September but put it on the last single in December. That's dumb. And so if you look at the pictures of the music video and then listen to the song snippet they just don't match. I mean imagine that song being played in the background while people are dancing and having a holi festival. It's just not right. It's like the Paradise music video or the ETIAW music video being played but Sparks is in the background.

If it was a song written for GCF, why would Chris be on the fence about playing it today?

Agreed also. I know we're all itching to hear something from AHFoD, but unless this song is intended to be the lead single and the music video was shot for the blockbuster second single that usually drops along with the album, I don't think this is an AHFoD song. Plus, just from the snippets we've heard, this song doesn't really sound like a lead single.

Of course, we also have to take into account that the guys knew it would be recorded by someone when they played it, whether during a soundcheck or the actual concert. I doubt they would want our first glimpse of AHFoD to be from a less-than-perfect cellphone recording, but you never know. I think our options for this song are, in the order of most to least likely:

1. A one-off single for GCF only, possibly intended to be released and proceeds going toward the program (frankly, I'm surprised Coldplay hasn't done this yet since Chris has been involved with GC for a long time now)

2. An old Ghost Stories song that didn't make the cut for whatever reason

3. A new AHFoD song, single or deep-cut song

4. A b-side from either option 1 or 3 (I put this as the least likely because Coldplay rarely play b-sides live or actually release b-sides at all anymore for that matter :lol: )

Although the lyrics contains 'amazing day,amazing day' how does it confirm that thats the title?

Exactly! Everyone who hears Don't Panic for the first time without hearing the title just calls the song Beautiful World. Same thing with Politik... everyone I've encountered who doesn't know the title calls it Open Up Your Eyes. The point I'm trying to make is that this new song's title could be anything. Just because Chris is singing "Amazing day, amazing day" a lot doesn't mean that the song is called Amazing Day.

Exactly! Everyone who hears Don't Panic for the first time without hearing the title just calls the song Beautiful World. Same thing with Politik... everyone I've encountered who doesn't know the title calls it Open Up Your Eyes. The point I'm trying to make is that this new song's title could be anything. Just because Chris is singing "Amazing day, amazing day" a lot doesn't mean that the song is called Amazing Day.

Same with Viva la Vida. Bugs the heck out of me.

But the point being we don't really know what else to call it at this point. It's just easier to assign it a readily recognizable, consistent name and be done with it. It could wind up being called something like "Sunshine" or "Memories" :shrug:

Guys....if you go to the Coldplay Timeline, there is an entry for today's Global Citizen festival....but here's the important part.....the icon they use for the timeline post is not the one for a gig....its the one they use for albums or singles!!!

Guest diogo_sg
Guys....if you go to the Coldplay Timeline, there is an entry for today's Global Citizen festival....but here's the important part.....the icon they use for the timeline post is not the one for a gig....its the one they use for albums or singles!!!

I noticed that too :excited:

OMFG!

Even in such sucky quality it sounds amazing! I can't wait!

Will's drums are back, Jonny's guitar is back, long songs are back, Chris's piano is back, (hopefully) Guy's more complex bass lines will be back. Wow. Everything is perfect. Too bad it's almost impossible to understand the lyrics, but the melody is divinal. That ooh-ooh moment is really something incredible.

Now it's left to know if it's going to be featured on the album or if it is just a charity song or an unreleased one.