X Marks The Spot [HIDDEN TRACK]

getithom

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah army of one is defiantly my least favourite on the album. I can't remember anything about it either. But it's definitely not as bad as like Always in my Head

I love both songs, but I can see where you´re coming from. They are kinda "flat" melodies, not memorable ones.

I loved both as well :D XMTS really does sound similar to Swimming Pools (Drank) by Kendrick Lamar xD (Production wise that is ;))

Also is that Will singing backing especially the "So I Race For It" line?

I happen to love Army of One, but once this comes on I skip the track. I usually love Coldplay's hidden tracks and miscellaneous tracks not on the album and such. This song I don't even think is a grower. Belongs in the same pile as Princess of China and A Whisper.

Yeah army of one is defiantly my least favourite on the album. I can't remember anything about it either. But it's definitely not as bad as like Always in my Head

How is Always In My Head in any way bad? I just love Jonny's work on that one. And well everything about it.

Okay *takes deep breath* officially, A Head Full of Dreams is an alternative album. You can think it's pop, sure, I'm okay with that do whatever you want, but iTunes or whoever decides what genres albums are, thinks it's alternative. Coldplay IS an alternative band, and even AOAL is nothing close to pop IMO, especially the pop we hear on the radio.

That would be critics and to some extent the public. But yes they are pop at this point. Alt is a very different sound. This album was Alt, Pop, R&B, Indie, Funk, Disco and Hip-Hop. And what's so wrong with Pop The Beatles were Pop so what. The Stones and The Who were Rock. Doesn't really matter in the end cause it's all great. This is why genres are a curse they create boundaries for music. Trapping the bands in them to a set sound. And after all its just air moving around that is pleasing to the ear. I digress but a lot of bands try to break those conventions by being multiple genres or switching it up constantly.

• Like 1

I think we are too prejudiced towards the song.On my first/second listen im like wtf is this crap my heart boom baboom boom and some nonsensical tune,im gonna skip this track alot...but after a few listens and looking at the lyrics singing along with it,is it bad that i actually like the song now,glad they added it in the album.

• Like 4