✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

X Marks The Spot [HIDDEN TRACK]

getithom

This is why genres are a curse they create boundaries for music. Trapping the bands in them to a set sound. And after all its just air moving around that is pleasing to the ear.

I like how you phrased it hehe I totally agree. This can be extended to any "mental box" we like to put things into, even people. Its find to try to define something or someone but there is always the risk that the definition becomes a cage...so yeah I totally get that they want to write free of the "traditional" boundaries.

I think we are too prejudiced towards the song.On my first/second listen im like wtf is this crap my heart boom baboom boom and some nonsensical tune,im gonna skip this track alot...but after a few listens and looking at the lyrics singing along with it,is it bad that i actually like the song now,glad they added it in the album.

Glad you are starting to like it. I dont feel so alone anymore haha But hold on a second..."looking at the lyrics"?? Where are they? I cant find them on my lyric sheet and I so want to check them out.

• Like 2

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People are taking this track way too seriously. I like it, but in a more ironic way. This is a hidden track, it's supposed to have a fun/surprise element to it. To me it nicely envelops the theme of the album: trying to make your dreams come true. Maybe making this kind of track was always a little dream of theirs, and I'm sure the whole band is aware that it's more fun than cool.

• Like 2

Finally someone who doesn't like AIMH either ! I knew I was not the only one :D

Yeah honestly you think army of one is the most forgettable track in Coldplay history... AIMH is about 1794729492 more forgettable and let's not even talk about the vocals and generally everything lol

Yeah honestly you think army of one is the most forgettable track in Coldplay history... AIMH is about 1794729492 more forgettable and let's not even talk about the vocals and generally everything lol

Well AIMH is very forgettable but at least I know it in the meantime, while I still can't remember almost anything about Army Of One after many listens.

Well AIMH is very forgettable but at least I know it in the meantime, while I still can't remember almost anything about Army Of One after many listens.

Army of One isn't too too bad I suppose, I honestly like this album more than GS, also probably more than MX. Music aside its just done ... Better.

I like how you phrased it hehe I totally agree. This can be extended to any "mental box" we like to put things into, even people. Its find to try to define something or someone but there is always the risk that the definition becomes a cage...so yeah I totally get that they want to write free of the "traditional" boundaries.

Glad you are starting to like it. I dont feel so alone anymore haha But hold on a second..."looking at the lyrics"?? Where are they? I cant find them on my lyric sheet and I so want to check them out.

Just google Coldplay X Marks The Spot Lyrics!

Finally someone who doesn't like AIMH either ! I knew I was not the only one :D

I dislike AIMH too...And i could not understand why people compared Amazing Day to AIMH during its debut,and saying that AIMH is the better song...

I actually find it interesting that such a carefree even funny lyric appear on such a somber track. I find the song to have a dark feeling to it, juxtaposed with strangely upbeat lyrics.

Similar to Major Minus feeling i guess

Also I remember one of the coldplayers here said that Chris enjoyed making this track ....... Well !

Let's say i still have faith in LP8 :p

Also I remember one of the coldplayers here said that Chris enjoyed making this track ....... Well !

Interesting. I was wondering if they got asked about this track in any of the interviews. None that I´ve seen so far mentioned it.

Major Minus is a dark-ish track to me both lyric an music wise, albeit rocky hehe

"X Marks The Spot"

(So I reach for it)

Stare into darkness, staring at doom

My heart go boom, bo-boom boom

Stare into darkness, admit defeat

Coming home and I'm finding no peace

And I know, and I know and I know

I know I'm out of luck

I know what you've got

I put my hands up to the sky, the feeling is like

I've got a rocketship that I want to ride

Wherever you are, I'll find that treasure

(So I reach for it) Wherever you are, I'll find that treasure

(So I reach for it)

Stare into darkness, staring at doom

You make my heart go boom, bo-boom boom

Superhero, a masterpiece

Been innocent but a sinner in me

I know I'm in luck

I know when I'm not

I just put my hands up to the sky, I'm feeling like

I just put my hands up to the sky, the feeling is like

I've got a rocket, eyes on the prize

I put my hands up to the sky, I'm gonna find

(So I reach for it) And I know, and I know, and I know

(So I reach for it) I know what I've got

X marks the spot

I just put my hands up to the sky, I'm feeling like

[repeat]

• Like 2

I hear it a bit differently:

I just put my hands up to the sky, feeling alive/alight?

I put my hands up to the sky, Im gonna fly

I put my hands up to the sky, its alright

I know I know I know Im in love?

I wish they released official lyrics to this. :/

• Like 1

Back when the designs for the Global Citizen Festival shirt were released, we all started speculating if any of the symbols would have something to do with the new album. Looking back again, I do see an X marking a spot...a13907be561b90479ccc31c73fa7f92b.jpg

• Like 1

Guest diogo_sg
Back whe the designs for the Global Citizen Festival shirt were released, we all started speculating if any of the symbols would have something to do with the new album. Looking back again, I do see an X marking a spot...a13907be561b90479ccc31c73fa7f92b.jpg

ea6dcec40d3bcdfd14a193212fa68953fc9fa84e91ca91b79ad48aabe05ffcf7.jpg