X Marks The Spot [HIDDEN TRACK]

getithom

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, Another's Arms is close to Army Of One in that respect...

Another's arms is in context that make it's understandable, i do like another's arms btw, also A'sA also have a lot of coldplay identity despite (in my opinion) the excesive critical to electric sounds of the album. They used it to give a dark under-sea ambiance to the album...

I love this track - it is soo dancy, the beat is sooo groovy... The lyrics - well they're no different to a standard song from this genre, and cleaner and less objectifying. Btw, what's wrong with "my heart go ba-boom, ba-boom, boom"? It's obviously not lyric genius, but I don't find it offensive or negative in anyway... it does express that sentiment of feeling a strong emotion from the heart, and fits this genre... I haven't listened to the lyrics very closely, but I haven't heard anything offensive in them. Bland, possibly, but not offensive...

But yeah, the beat to this one is so goood! Really makes me move to the music and wanna get off my a** and dance (secretly of course lol). It may have a shot at top of the pop charts (idk what gets there nowadays), I only know that I love it!!! The mix is beautiful (hats off, Stargate)... And I can still hear everyone in this song... Well done Will for coming up with that hypnotic, at-times aggressive beat (really digging it)! Guy for making it bass sounds like the next club anthem! Jonny for making it sound diirtayy (with that riffy guitar *squeals with joy*)! Chris just sounds right at home singing this lmao!!! What a joy to hear them write a song in this style that I can enjoy and dance to :D

• Like 2

Holy shit, Coldplaying made me think this song was going to be the worst thing Coldplay has ever produced and will ever produce. It's not fantastic but I'll be damned if it isn't something I'd totally listen to over and over if I can find a way to separate it from Army of One.

• Like 2

Holy shit, Coldplaying made me think this song was going to be the worst thing Coldplay has ever produced and will ever produce. It's not fantastic but I'll be damned if it isn't something I'd totally listen to over and over if I can find a way to separate it from Army of One.

Yeah, right??? The lyrics for this sort of song was never going to be genius... They're a bit too obvious for that, haha! But yeah, it is so listenable... I find I keep getting back to listen to it repeatedly... I do wish it was it's own separate track... it'd be so much easier for repeats :)

• Like 1

Okay guys I've just got the album and I set my expectations low for it only because of ghost stories but I was surprised and pleased with this album has a bit of everything for Coldplay fans and non Coldplay fans I've give this album a 8/10

The real discussion is what do you think about the hidden track X Marks The Spot because I like it. It has The weekend And disclosure feel too it it's really gutsy and creative of the band different but good

Let me know what you guys think

Have a great day coldplayers

Love Jaime

I love this track exactly for the same reasons I love Chinese Sleep Chant: it´s hypnotic, dance-y and mantra like.

It works for me, kinda wishing it wud be longer and a track in its own right, but it would have never worked in the album. It was destined to be a secret track from the get go, so short it is, but good nonetheless :)

• Like 1

Yeah, right??? The lyrics for this sort of song was never going to be genius... They're a bit too obvious for that, haha!

All Coldplay lyrics are immediate, aren't they? (Well ok except maybe Violet Hill hehe) But if we ignore the "heart-boom" line all else is pretty nice on this track. I like the "wherever you are I find a treasure so I race for it" line a lot :)

^ I even like "my heart ba-boom, ba-boom, boom!" It's not typical Coldplay, nor any sort of insightful lyrical genius, but it is so in the moment in the song! It fits it so well - people who complain about the line just don't like this style of song / have difficulty accepting that the song was made in the first place... If you go by the premise that they were making a song that sounded like this, then that ba-boom, ba-boom, boom line wouldn't be an issue.

I expected something truly horrid after all the comments here - and then I actually liked this song. Do I have a fever?

For me it's well placed after the joyous Army Of One, kind of levelling out the mood into something more sober again before leading up to Amazing Day.

I thought A Whisper might finally get a contender for my 'WTF?' category, but no, dammit. :D

I don't like XMTS but I have to admit the lines are stuck in my head as opposed to Army of One, which I still remember almost nothing about.

Yeah army of one is defiantly my least favourite on the album. I can't remember anything about it either. But it's definitely not as bad as like Always in my Head