✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

X Marks The Spot [HIDDEN TRACK]

getithom

Thread for the hidden track, X Marks The Spot off A Head Full of Dreams!

Per Anchorman:

The album, recorded in Malibu, LA and London, was produced by Norwegian duo Stargate together with the band’s long-time collaborator Rik Simpson. It features more guests than any previous Coldplay record, with Beyoncé, Noel Gallagher, Tove Lo and Merry Clayton among those appearing across its 11 tracks (12 if you count the buried treasure of the hidden track X Marks The Spot).

http://coldplay.com/new-album-a-head-full-of-dreams-out-december-4/

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Totally agree with you guys on leaving hidden tracks "hidden". Would've been so much better if we discovered the track on our first listen. The only mystery now is where this song will be in the tracklist. I'm going to randomly guess between Amazing Day and Colour Spectrum. Or maybe Colour Spectrum is just an instrumental and this comes after?

If we don't get any more hidden tracks, I'm really hoping for a couple B-sides (though highly doubtful considering AOAL has no B-sides).

What are you guys thinking? Acoustic? Ballad? Full band? Piano?

I'm trying to figure out myself. Coldplay always does very sentimental album closers, so I'm sure Up&Up will continue that trend, but I'm gonna guess this one is either a sort of quiet end much like Til Kingdom Come was, or ends up being something experimental and Indian that finishes the album.

Wait, I just preordered this album on iTunes and I dont see this hidden track. Any possibility we can find it somewhere? Please don't do Target deluxe edition again :(

It's on the album, just seemingly hidden from the main tracklist. :)

Til Kingdom Come is one of my all time favourite Coldplay songs and they basically promoted it like a single so i dont care whether it is properly hidden or not :awesome:

Also if it saves me from an heart attack i'm glad too :lol: (who hasnt had a tiny stroke at the sudden start of Life is for living)

All their hidden songs have always been awesome to me so obviously I'm looking forward to this one!

Til Kingdom Come is one of my all time favourite Coldplay songs and they basically promoted it like a single so i dont care whether it is properly hidden or not :awesome:

Also if it saves me from an heart attack i'm glad too :lol: (who hasnt had a tiny stroke at the sudden start of Life is for living)

All their hidden songs have always been awesome to me so obviously I'm looking forward to this one!

But isn't that part of the charm of hidden tracks? :P

But probably it's gonna relate to an imagery concerning treasure digging...and has the message that it's not worth looking for treasure elsewhere because your loved ones and your happiness are your real treasures or some similar bla..

Maybe the lyrics will be a little like The Goldrush, specifically "I went digging for gold." As long as it is nothing like Bruno Mars' Treasure, I'll be fine. :D

• 2 weeks later...