✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2015-11-06] Coldplay Performing at TFI Friday (20:00 UK time)

Sparky

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought is was a really good performance. Especially after the iHeartRadio and Global Citizen's Festival performances. Those were pretty bad. This is the very first time they performed it, so those of you who think it was bad, I am sure it will get better :)

About Chris voice performance, which was very shaky and a little out of tune, in his defense I would say he was damm tired. He's done a TON of interviews and promo work today since early in the morning for different radio shows and channels so he and the rest of the band must be exhausted by now, I think :rolleyes:

About Chris voice performance, which was very shaky and a little out of tune, in his defense I would say he was damm tired. He's done a TON of interviews and promo work today since early in the morning for different radio shows and channels so he and the rest of the band must be exhausted by now, I think :rolleyes:

Exactly what I thought.

I liked the performance, but the only thing that's really starting to bother me is the amount of backing track on each Coldplay song... Chris clearly prefers jumping around on the stage while he could easily play the piano parts and give it a more live dimension, but yeah that's my opinion.

I just feel like they've become quite lazy since the Viva era when it comes to backing tracks .... (60% backing - 40% live)

I liked the performance, but the only thing that's really starting to bother me is the amount of backing track on each Coldplay song... Chris clearly prefers jumping around on the stage while he could easily play the piano parts and give it a more live dimension, but yeah that's my opinion.

I just feel like they've become quite lazy since the Viva era when it comes to backing tracks .... (60% backing - 40% live)

I agree with that, it doesn't give a feel of serious band performing. There's a lot coming from backing track recently, strings, piano, vocals, some rythmic elements and also some guitar parts and it just feels like a joke when Chris is jumping around.

I understand, it gives Chris better opportunity to connect with the lyrics, but that's for too many songs already. LiJ, VLV, ETIAW and ASFOS already had this a bit embarrassing feel "oh what is band performing here actually?" I would certainly prefer if they have a keyboard player for live performances, if Chris doesn't want to play anything. Some people want to see band performing live music not just performing.

Although i liked Adventure of a Lifetime as studio version, this performance of this song felt less Coldplay than any other song before. Hearing Chris playing piano would have given a lot this time, at least until the last woo hoo parts he could have just sat and felt the groove behind the piano. In live piano track was tuned down and Jonny playing over it. + Chris singing out of tune... too bad.

But hopefully i'll get used to it and they get better. :)

In a sense it wasn't too annoying with Ghost Story because they used a lot of sounds made by computer (like Midnight) or things that can't be done on stage (the intro of Always in my head for example)... Ghost Story wasn't so groovy, it was more something calm and intimate... not really made to dance or party... I saw the parisian concert of the Ghost Story Tour and even with these back tracks on GS songs, it was cool, not that annoying because it was with the album's style.

BUT Here if we have a MX 2.0 or as they say an album made to dance, to party... I hope they'll be really performing on live because, even if the whole show is important, we love them for their music... Coldplay's song are so better in live and I hope it won't change !

Their two or three last live performances were really under what they used to do... With Chris getting out of breath and all those back track... It's really strange, it don't look like everything they have done before.

I totally love the fact that they renew their style at each album, I really enjoy the fact that they try to stay modern and fashion but... Please Coldplay stay the best, don't get so lazy, go in the right way :(