✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The AHFOD Leak Thread (LEAK CONFIRMED - NO PM REQUESTS OR LINKS!)

jc90

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ What I want to know is how much complaining went on here during the X&Y and Viva releases. Were there any Old-Oldplayers who swore off everything after ARoBttH? :lol:

Which is weird to me, because I thought Ghost Stories sounded a lot like their earlier material. Not in terms of the electronic elements (like the drums/beats), but in the mood/atmosphere. It's weird to me, see some fans hate it.

Which is weird to me, because I thought Ghost Stories sounded a lot like their earlier material. Not in terms of the electronic elements (like the drums/beats), but in the mood/atmosphere. It's weird to me, see some fans hate it.

Exactly. Agree 100% regarding atmosphere. But I think ppl tend to focus more on the issues than celebrate the good (for better or for worse).

I do not remember much complaining (if any, at all) after Viva was released.

Really? That's actually kind of surprising!

I know everyone seems to love it now, but it seems that back then it would have been so different that a lot of people probably wouldn't have cared for it. Glad to know my vivi has always been loved :dazzled:

Soooo . . . who wants to go snooping around the storage rooms of various stores with me next week :sneaky:

lol, y'know, there has to be someone among us in our forums that works in a Target, or Walmart, or HMV, or something....

As has been repeated a thousand times on every single thread concerning the leak of an album, the chances enhance once the album begins being distributed into the stores for sale. Thus, at least in the case of the US, Thursday and Friday being a holiday, the chances are minimal until next week when I guess that at least by Wednesday or Thursday the album will start being distributed and thus, a sneaky employee can get a copy and upload it!

Really? That's actually kind of surprising!

I know everyone seems to love it now, but it seems that back then it would have been so different that a lot of people probably wouldn't have cared for it. Glad to know my vivi has always been loved

i wasn't around for the viva release, but i think there were some fans who labeled it too poppy and weren't pleased :) wonder what those people would think of the coldplay today.. well, i'd rather not :laugh3:

Hmm . . . I work as a reporter. I wonder if I could pull off using my press pass to get an advance copy for an "exclusive review" of the album :rolleyes:

You could try it. I've just read a review of the album by some crappy "newspaper" that they give away for free. If these guys managed to get an authorized pre-listen, you could try it as well.

i wasn't around for the viva release, but i think there were some fans who labeled it too poppy and weren't pleased :) wonder what those people would think of the coldplay today.. well, i'd rather not :laugh3:

VLV is still the less-listened-to album by Coldplay for me. It's definitely not poppy, in the traditional sense. But other than 2 songs, Lost and Violet Hill- I just never took to the songs. That john lennon meets Radiohead song was pretty good (see? I don't know remember the name!) but, to me, it sounded like Coldplay just trying too hard to be a band they're just not.

But one thing I've realized from these forums, I'm completely in the minority on those feelings. But that's okay too. I think Ghost Stories is the album I've been wanting Coldplay to do since AROBTTH- but most people don't care for that album. Everyone is so different...and that's okay!