✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The AHFOD Leak Thread (LEAK CONFIRMED - NO PM REQUESTS OR LINKS!)

jc90

Leak Confirmed November 27 @ 11 EST

Before we begin, a word from our mighty overlord, Sparky

Stating the obvious but no links to any websites with any leaks or any other farming related page. If you happen to find one, please condemn the evil actions and report it to the relevant online authority.

Thank you.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Ghost Stories leaked just a few days before retail. It leaked because someone grabbed a physical copy from a shop which had started stocking it. Honestly, I'm expecting the same this time around.

About a decade ago albums would leak months in advance, because album leaks were relatively new phenomenon and labels weren't sure how to combat it. Nowadays labels, particularly big ones like Warner, are very strict and careful to make sure albums don't leak. They probably have entire divisions devoted to it. So I wouldn't get your hopes up this time around, guys.

Yes, the last few albums have leaked. Some a few days before and some a month before, but they all leaked. GS was a bit of a strange one having leaked only a few days before.

The story goes that someone in Vancouver was at a store that sold the vinyl/CD early by mistake I was actually part of the group that tried to teach the girl how to rip/record and to coordinate Vancouver coldplayers to that store. I remember eventually though that the whole album, save the bonus tracks, were available via iTunes stream anyways. They don't usually put the whole album online available to stream iirc. GS was the first time I remember them doing this.

Viva leaked in a Justin Timberlake forum lol

Don't remember mx for some reason.

That's partially why this thread is being made now. Cause we are right in the window of opportunity where leaks could happen.

but like FOP^ said, labels are getting a bit smarter about it and leaks are harder to come by. There is no guarantee it will leak at all. This thread is only valid for the duration of the countdown. After which it won't be a leak anymore; just that someone uploaded the album online. And of course we won't be sharing that info either.

For those who have been around a long time: How many days before the official release do you "usually" get a leak ? And has every Coldplay album been leaked before ?

I remember us getting a really crappy version of PoC somehow in the few days/weeks leading up to the MX drop (I seem to recall the whole thing leaking only like a day or two before the drop, but I might be remembering that incorrectly).

With GS, it was only a few days ahead of time because some store started stocking it early. I believe they streamed it on iTunes a few days ahead of time also?

Album leaks are just big bundles of fun and craziness on the forums :awesome:

For those who have been around a long time: How many days before the official release do you "usually" get a leak ? And has every Coldplay album been leaked before ?

I remember MX leaked on Monday 17th October, few days before the Japan and Australian release. Worldwide release of MX was a week later though. Also GS leaked just a few days before the release. I think they kind of covered leak then with streaming the album officially on itunes.

But yes, the truth is that albums by artists like Coldplay don't get leaked so easily these days. They only get leaked when the physical copies of albums are being delivered.

So if AHFOD is released officially on Friday 4th December, i'd see it a bit surprising if it gets leaked before the start of December. Still i wouldn't be too surprised if leak happens next week, but it's unlikely.

Didn't Another's Arms leak in the Philippines a few weeks before everything else due to some iTunes mishap? I seem to remember that happening but I'm not sure if my mind is just making things up.

Yes, it did happen, but not 100% sure if it was the Philippines or another Asian country.

Let's assume it was. So what happened was ColdplayAtlas got their hands on it, posted a short clip to their insta and other Coldplayers were asking for it, or at least a full video instead of the snippet they posted. Everyone got mad at them for not sharing and that's partially why most of us don't like them. They were a relatively new Coldplay fansite who wielded too much power for everyone's liking.

While I agree sharing the full song was probably not the right move, why bother even posting the snippet then? What good could come from it? I guess they wanted to share with fans, without giving it all away, but I just don't know if it was the right move....

Yes, it did happen, but not 100% sure if it was the Philippines or another Asian country.

Let's assume it was. So what happened was ColdplayAtlas got their hands on it, posted a short clip to their insta and other Coldplayers were asking for it, or at least a full video instead of the snippet they posted. Everyone got mad at them for not sharing and that's partially why most of us don't like them. They were a relatively new Coldplay fansite who wielded too much power for everyone's liking.

While I agree sharing the full song was probably not the right move, why bother even posting the snippet then? What good could come from it? I guess they wanted to share with fans, without giving it all away, but I just don't know if it was the right move....

I posted it because you all thought I was bullshitting and I couldn't stand the abuse from people off this forum much longer.

In retrospect, it still was the right move. Be greatful I shared something and get over it.

I posted it because you all thought I was bullshitting and I couldn't stand the abuse from people off this forum much longer.

In retrospect, it still was the right move. Be greatful I shared something and get over it.

I really don't wanna start this debate after a year. Let me clarify that I 100% understand and appreciate what was being done. They/you were trying to share a bit of the song for the fans, while at the same time not giving it away in full to disrespect the band. I get that.

What I am saying though is I don't represent all the fans, and having a few fans be assholes is something to be expected. Therefore, I myself would not even bother sharing the clip as nothing good could really come from it, since the whole album was due to be released soon anyways.

Just saying that at the time it was a very touchy subject but everyone is ​over it now.