✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay and Chris Martin Open Up for New Album - WSJ Article

gai

I don't think MX is 'much hated' (well maybe Princess of China and those tortured 'woaaaahhs')

It is, but don't worry. AHFOD will be even worse, and this scary interview confirms that. Chris completely lost his mind, the other guys haven't got enough personality to go against the decisions to make all this uninspired poppy cheesy stuff (let's call it like this).

If you want to do something different, you usually try to improve, going towards other great past and present artists influences. They're doing the opposite: they're being inspired by the worst crap of the present music industry.

They ABSOLUTELY need a very long hiatus, they just ruined their reputation enough.

Please guys, I'm begging, stop this crazyness

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think MX is 'much hated' (well maybe Princess of China and those tortured 'woaaaahhs')....it just fell short of the very high expectations set by Viva La Vida. Big anti climax even more so when the live versions of those songs that were performed before the release simply didn't live up to their stage reality on cd. Hurts Like Heaven is a 10/10 song on stage. On the album - it's a 7.5.

giphy.gif

Not really an illegitimate concern to expect to hear Coldplay and not 5/6 other artists + Hollywood actresses when buying a Coldplay album.

I mean is it really an illegitimate concern to not want to hear Beyonce on a Coldplay album when I'm a Coldplay fan?!

If the band hadn't had said Beyonce/Gwen was on the album, we wouldn't have even known it was them and we wouldnt be complaining about it now.

It is, but don't worry. AHFOD will be even worse, and this scary interview confirms that. Chris completely lost his mind, the other guys haven't got enough personality to go against the decisions to make all this uninspired poppy cheesy stuff (let's call it like this).

If you want to do something different, you usually try to improve, going towards other great past and present artists influences. They're doing the opposite: they're being inspired by the worst crap of the present music industry.

They ABSOLUTELY need a very long hiatus, they just ruined their reputation enough.

Please guys, I'm begging, stop this crazyness

I want to lock Coldplay into a room for an entire year, only having them access to underground uk new garage shoegazing drone ambient madness *heavybreathing*

If the band hadn't had said Beyonce/Gwen was on the album, we wouldn't have even known it was them and we wouldnt be complaining about it now.

In fairness, you don't hire Beyonce to do backing vocals. She obviously plays a more prominent role.

Wouldn't be surprised if Gwyneth Paltrow has as well. Tell me, what are wrong with Will's majestic backing vocals? This album seems condemned to the same fate as MX, excessive pompousness for no reason that turns a potentially great COLDPLAY song into something considerably grating, bland and unnecessary.

Chris completely lost his mind

I love your bluntness :nod:

Yeah... This album seems to be the nightmare the Oldplayers feared the most. It takes all the points of contention of the last two albums that everyone disliked and magnifies them to the extreme:

1. Dancey tracks with less than inspired lyrics.

2. EDM.

3. Collaborations.

4. Overproduced poppy production.

As with MX and GS we might have had only a couple of these elements appear it seems with this album they're going to feature on every track in one way or another.. Worrying.

So you've already heard the full album?

In fairness, you don't hire Beyonce to do backing vocals. She obviously plays a more prominent role.

Wouldn't be surprised if Gwyneth Paltrow has as well. Tell me, what are wrong with Will's majestic backing vocals? This album seems condemned to the same fate as MX, excessive pompousness for no reason that turns a potentially great COLDPLAY song into something considerably grating, bland and unnecessary.

What would be obvious is if she were featuring, the band would give the track a 'feat. beyonce' credit like they did with the other song. But again, I will go back to it not being an issue for me either way, and if it is an issue with you, then best of luck to you.

I never had an issue with Will's vocals, dunno where that came from.

But I grow tired of trying to calm everyone down from this and every other instance. So I guess it is all doom and gloom. Coldplay are finished. Coldplay and all music should only be played in one style. Anything less than Politik is trash. Dance music and pop music is plebian. Chris has lost his mind on planet Hollywood. Forget it everyone, pack it up, dim the lights, pull the curtains, it's over. Nothing can save them. Not J, G or W. Not Noel. Not Eno. Not God. Just leave me be with my collection of all 6 coldplay albums with room for at least one more. Drifting on the S.S. Coldplay with not a soul else on board.

Drifting on the S.S. Coldplay with not a soul else on board.

S.S Coldplay is about to become H.M.S Titanic. It may be the best ship (band) ever created but that doesn't mean it's not drifting toward the iceberg. The warning signs are plain to be seen but some will still refuse to believe that Coldplay could ever sink...

S.S Coldplay is about to become H.M.S Titanic. It may be the best ship (band) ever created but that doesn't mean it's not drifting toward the iceberg. The warning signs are plain to be seen but some will still refuse to believe that Coldplay could ever sink...

I agree 100%, best to grab a life vest and head to the nearest lifeboats. Coldplay are shit

No way man, thats impossible. Chris has gone insane in the membrane. With him fasting and reading his hippie books and all. Who the eff hires their ex-wife to sing on their album? Insane I tell you. Did you even read the interview? He's listening to Flo Rida! Imagine that! Listening to something else besides rock?! What peasantry.

User Beastmode said it best

It is, but don't worry. AHFOD will be even worse, and this scary interview confirms that.

'Even worse', as in, the band are trending DOWNWARDS. Good luck trying to pull that ship out of a collision course with the bottom of the sea.

No way man, thats impossible. Chris has gone insane in the membrane. With him fasting and reading his hippie books and all. Who the eff hires their ex-wife to sing on their album? Insane I tell you. Did you even read the interview? He's listening to Flo Rida! Imagine that! Listening to something else besides rock?! What peasantry.

Either this is way too sarcastic or you're way too angry.

Sarcasm/Mockery is the lowest form of Wit and argument. Funny though, despite the extreme sarcasm in your post all of it is true.

despite the extreme sarcasm in your post all of it is true.

Then what are we debating? I'm saying you're right! Isn't that what we all want in the end? To be proven right?

That will settle it, no one will be able to listen to new Coldplay music without being deemed low class or a simpleton.

I think it's a fair assumption based on the genesis of Hymn For The Weekend. Tell me this, how many nightclubs do you know that play non electronic music, especially for the last song of the night?

That really depends? Every night out I've been on, there has always been more 'organic' music played and it's often those that gain a better reaction than the EDM (which isn't really that big anymore) or house tracks played.

Either this is way too sarcastic or you're way too angry.

It's sarcasm but it's making me sad because I know there is some truth to it

Sarcasm/Mockery is the lowest form of Wit and argument. Funny though, despite the extreme sarcasm in your post all of it is true.

Then what are we debating? I'm saying you're right! Isn't that what we all want in the end? To be proven right?

That will settle it, no one will be able to listen to new Coldplay music without being deemed low class or a simpleton.

You finished?

Sorry, if I took a few of your arguments ahead of you. Stage is all yours. Carry the torch.

Stop it right nAUW or I will have Chris Martin fart rainbows all over you!