✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

AHFOD Reviews by Music Critics

CP-EST

Guest kmm1482
tomorrows modern boxes was a digital album anounced and released on the same day, it was used by thom to test "torrent selling" i think, is not even a proper album put it got better ratings then half of coldplay albums

(sorry for the terrible english)

Still disproves your original comment

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yikes.

I may have been overzealous when praising this album but I'm perfectly aware that it's not very good. It's cheesy and corny and Toys Я Us, however I can't help myself, I just like it.

They have been on a steady decline since reaching their peak with AROBTTH (Clocks even won a Grammy for Record of the Year, something I keep forgetting). The honest truth is - they have nothing substantial left to say.

It wouldn't be too bad if they split for good.

• Like 1

The Metacritic page controlled by whom ? can anyone updated the Critic review section with the latest reviews like the rolling stone or another positive one so the album can have a higher rated :D

it's based on 11 Critics and that's really few compared to the previous albums

• Like 1

Yikes.

I may have been overzealous when praising this album but I'm perfectly aware that it's not very good. It's cheesy and corny and Toys Я Us, however I can't help myself, I just like it.

They have been on a steady decline since reaching their peak with AROBTTH (Clocks even won a Grammy for Record of the Year, something I keep forgetting). The honest truth is - they have nothing substantial left to say.

I think Chris is definitely planning on going solo, but I don't think the band will break up for good. I think AHFOD is kind of Chris experimenting w/ different sounds. I think he'll go the r&b route just like Justin Timberlake did when NSYNC broke up.

The Metacritic page controlled by whom ? can anyone updated the Critic review section with the latest reviews like the rolling stone or another positive one so the album can have a higher rated :D

sent them a message, but didnt get an answer

I think Chris is definitely planning on going solo, but I don't think the band will break up for good. I think AHFOD is kind of Chris experimenting w/ different sounds. I think he'll go the r&b route just like Justin Timberlake did when NSYNC broke up.

Errrmmmm interesting theory lol. I probably won't support Chris if he goes solo lol

• Like 2

The band continues to evolve beautifully. It really frustrates me to read the critical bashing, as it continues with the release of HFOD. I am an older fan who grew up in the golden age of rock, and have been to well over 100 concerts. It's hard for me to find new bands to love since I have seen the likes of The Rolling Stones, The Who, Pink Floyd and so many more, but Coldplay captured me about 10 years ago. Regardless of what I read, they are talented band with a unique chemistry and the arrangement of their songs are wonderful. I saw them during Viva La Vida in NY and MX in Charlotte NC. I got up at 4am last week and scored 6 tix for Wembley Stadium next June and am so looking forward to it. The whole fam damily is going!

• Like 5

Yeah and I love how NYT (which is always tough) gave it a glowing review- and they arbitrarily placed that at a 70 rating.

Yikes.

Whoa. No.

Many people consider Viva to be their best. As with X&Y, Mylo, Ghost stories and will eventually with AHFOD. How is it a decline when everyone has a different opinion on each album?

• Like 1

How is it a decline when everyone has a different opinion on each album?

All boils down to that, not? You can talk of an album´s production, the technical ability of the players, the intricacy of the songwriting until your head turns blue, but at the end of the day you will love it if it resonates with you, if not you won't. I think its a lot of fun to share impressions with others, but one must me wary of drawing general conclusions, cuz I think its almost impossible.

Whoa. No.

Many people consider Viva to be their best. As with X&Y, Mylo, Ghost stories and will eventually with AHFOD. How is it a decline when everyone has a different opinion on each album?

Many people are wrong. Many people consider Justin Dingleberry to be the best musician to have ever graced this planet, but he isn't. People might feel more attached to MX or GS or AHFOD because of their age and all other factors but these album shouldn't even be in the same sentence as AROBTTH. And this isn't my opinion. It's what almost all professional critics and the whole rock scene agree on.

Also the decline didn't happen overnight and it's already been discussed here a million times. To see how and why it happened you can check the thread below.

Oldplaying Thread

• Like 2

And this isn't my opinion. It's what almost all professional critics and the whole rock scene agree on.

So its a bunch of other people´s opinion, still an opinion :) I am not gonna go and speak for the whole rock scene :P , but I´ll just say one thing. Whats the use of a piece of art (whether it´d be a painting or an album or a book) that is agreed to be technically masterful by the "experts" of the field, if it doesn't resonate or touch anyone?

To me the success of a piece of art comes down to two things at the end of the day: whether the artist felt it truly reflected what he wanted to share and whether it touches/moves/resonates with someone else.

Under these criteria, Coldplay are hardly in decline imo.

• Like 4

The last line made me laugh haha I rarely do this, but on this I feel confident enough to look in the crystal ball and say Chris will never ever go solo! The band knows and appreciates their chemistry is what makes them who they are. Remove one element and you destroy the whole thing.

You know it´s interesting to wonder how much the other members are into the pop/R&B thing? I mean we know Chris is. I suspect Jonny is quite open to it as well. I remember reading the most "skeptical" members about Stargate collaboration were Guy and Will, but now you hear them talking so warmly about how they enjoyed it so much. So I think at the end of the day they are all on the same page. I dont believe they could release anything where every single member cant stand behind it.

• Like 1

Metacritic is somewhat accurate but AHFOD is no 57/100. That's an F. It's not that bad. Yeah it's no 90/100 but it's a strong 75 at least.

There are only 11 reviews that I se eon meteoritic. The average in the other albums is 30ish reviews, so lets see what it looks like when the others roll it. I think it´ll land on about the same grade as MX and GS

Guest howyousawtheworld
tomorrows modern boxes was a digital album anounced and released on the same day, it was used by thom to test "torrent selling" i think, is not even a proper album but it got better ratings then half of coldplay albums

(sorry for the terrible english)

Tomorrow's Modern Boxes is a pile of utter shite. Sounds like a Yamaha keyboard having a mid life breakdown.

Guest kmm1482
Tomorrow's Modern Boxes is a pile of utter shite. Sounds like a Yamaha keyboard having a mid life breakdown.

Says you. Still disproves the original comment

Many people are wrong. Many people consider Justin Dingleberry to be the best musician to have ever graced this planet, but he isn't. People might feel more attached to MX or GS or AHFOD because of their age and all other factors but these album shouldn't even be in the same sentence as AROBTTH. And this isn't my opinion. It's what almost all professional critics and the whole rock scene agree on.

Also the decline didn't happen overnight and it's already been discussed here a million times. To see how and why it happened you can check the thread below.

Oldplaying Thread

Viva la Vida or death and all his friends is much better than Rush. Does this mean I'm wrong?

• Like 3

i agree.. it's a pile of trash pretending to be music

So true. Noel Gallagher on Thom Yorke "I’m aware that Radiohead have never had a fucking bad review. I reckon if Thom Yorke fucking shit into a light bulb and started blowing it like an empty beer bottle it’d probably get 9 out of 10 in fucking Mojo. I’m aware of that."

• Like 1

So true. Noel Gallagher on Thom Yorke "I’m aware that Radiohead have never had a fucking bad review. I reckon if Thom Yorke fucking shit into a light bulb and started blowing it like an empty beer bottle it’d probably get 9 out of 10 in fucking Mojo. I’m aware of that."

Noel is f*cking hilarious haha.

• Like 1