✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

AHFOD Reviews by Music Critics

CP-EST

Quick Reply: I think MX is a masterpiece - one of their greats and a concept/story album to boot. I can listen to MX straight through all the time. I also love GS as well - Always in my Head is one of their best openers and the album overall is totally a night album - peaceful, reflective. I can't get into it more for now, but just want to give out my love for the previous 2 albums, and I love Viva too. X&Y was a bit all over the map but it has amazing songs as well.

Dude, you should be an honorary coldplayer !! Sep 2003 :shocked2:

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ran away... hahahaha - i've been listening to these guys since 2000 - we are lucky to have them, they are a once in a generation talent that comes along like u2 did before them, and dare i say it the Beatles. Anyway, I go way back for sure, and each album continues to impress me for their evolution and just embrace of their love of different genres. I mean, they can practically do anything and add their Coldplay touch. Listening to miracles is just beyond amazing, but i can go back to For You and feel that same thing. They have a golden touch, and their chemistry as Chris states numerous times is what really makes them special with Chris the driving force.

The highlight of meeting them was at the colbert report for mx tour - they were being bombarded by autograph hounds after the show. I was there with a first run Blue Room EP waiting for them to sign it - I felt so bad for them especially Jonny who was overwhelmed by the yelling for autographs by people who were just going to sell them online. Jonny saw my CD and immediately came over ecstatic and said "I'll sign that", and told Will and Chris to come over - who said I was a legit fan & they would gladly sign it. That was a great moment. Same show, I missed the other three as they walked in but was able to catch Chris to sign my Brothers and Sisters CD (another first run) & he said to me that's so old school man, where'd you find that? He was very gracious.

These guys are so humble and grateful... We are blessed to have such a talented bunch without much of egos, relatively to the rock/music world. one last anecdote, had a chance to run into Phil after the letterman webcast and told him to tell the boys to keep embracing what they love and that mx sounded amazing despite all the old school coldplayers esp w/ regard to paradise, ETIAW - he said thank you and that he will pass it on to the guys. here we are 4 yrs later and they truly are just running with what they love. God bless Coldplay and thank heavens for Phil - he really is the Fifth Beat... err I mean Coldplayer

Can't wait to hear the new album in full hi def glory next week - planning on going to the Wembley Stadium concert - have to see Coldplay in their home country - it's bucket list item for me.

• Like 3

So, basically, this? :uhoh2: :

IyOFd23.jpg

:uhoh:

This is so heartbreaking but so TRUE :bigcry:

Chris is so nice and kind and I'm such a dickhead for bitching at them for sounding cute and cheerful instead of badass. :sad:

PS I love the fact that this forum has emoticons for 4 different kinds of "sad", not counting the crying ones.

This is so heartbreaking but so TRUE :bigcry:

Chris is so nice and kind and I'm such a dickhead for bitching at them for sounding cute and cheerful instead of badass. :sad:

PS I love the fact that this forum has emoticons for 4 different kinds of "sad", not counting the crying ones.

We should have 4 emoticons for happy! (I guess we kinda do...)

And here's a 4* review! http://www.theupcoming.co.uk/2015/11/28/coldplay-a-head-full-of-dreams-album-review/

:rolleyes3::hippy::wings::daisy::singer::drummer::lock:

"A new Coldplay album is a huge deal for the music industry. The British four-piece is the only band selling millions of records worldwide in an era where solo artists seem to colonise the charts.

With the risk of being overshadowed by Adele’s 25, which is breaking every possible record with five million units sold in its first week, A Head Full of Dreams is set for release on 4th December.

There’s very little left of the Yellow band, a characteristic that is currently dividing most of their fans. The record opens with A Head Full of Dream, a classic Coldplay feel-good anthem that seems to be written for the live show – a beautiful confetti song.

Hymn for the Weekend, Chris Martin’s self-declared attempt to write something worthy of the likes of Flo Rida, is a whirring club tune featuring vocals from Beyoncé. These are the two main characteristics of the album: the 360-degree effort to reinvent themselves and the large number of guest contributions.

The duet with Tove Lo on Fun mixes electronic drums and acoustic guitars in a melancholic mid-tempo with lyrics alluding to a love that has just ended: ”don’t say it was all a waste, didn’t we have fun?” It’s followed by Kaleidoscope, a piano-driven rendition of Rumi’s Persian poem Guest House.

You can still find “good old” Coldplay in the ballads Everglow and Amazing Day; the latter is the highlight of the album. A mix of Leonard Cohen and Frank Sinatra’s My Way, boasting a memorable guitar-riff, mellow piano and strings, this is Chris Martin at his best.

A Head Full of Dreams is a very colourful album. It’s their most pop, varied and radically different work to date; it’s intended to be the first chapter of their new course but it lacks a clear direction. This is perhaps due to the effect of producer duo Stargate who are more used to arranging and co-writing singles (Rihanna, Katy Perry, Iggy Azalea) rather than long plays.

Bird, Adventure of a Lifetime and Army of One add substance with oblique vocals and daring sounds. The only low point is Colour Spectrum, where there’s no trace of the band’s musical roots. Up & Up is the choral grand finale, featuring a Champagne Supernova-esque guitar solo from Noel Gallagher.

A Head Full of Dreams is diverse, kaleidoscopic and a slap in the face for the adulators of their first records.

Verdict: 4/5 stars

Filippo L’Astorina, the Editor"

I guess they did the right thing by not releasing it at Zane Lowe. AOAL needed to settle down before Coldplay can release the next single. Anytime in the first week of December is my guess.

The song + Mv at the same time. And I guess they did a good thing not putting Beyoncé's name on the song. This can help Coldplay reach out to more people when the news of Beyoncé being on the song breaks. If it doesn't rock the Billboard , I am gonna be disappointed. It's made for the charts!

Review by the TheUpcoming.co.uk

A new Coldplay album is a huge deal for the music industry. The British four-piece is the only band selling millions of records worldwide in an era where solo artists seem to colonise the charts.

With the risk of being overshadowed by Adele’s 25, which is breaking every possible record with five million units sold in its first week, A Head Full of Dreams is set for release on 4th December.

There’s very little left of the Yellow band, a characteristic that is currently dividing most of their fans. The record opens with A Head Full of Dreams, a classic Coldplay feel-good anthem that seems to be written for the live show – a beautiful confetti song.

Hymn for the Weekend, Chris Martin’s self-declared attempt to write something worthy of the likes of Flo Rida, is a whirring club tune featuring vocals from Beyoncé. These are the two main characteristics of the album: the 360-degree effort to reinvent themselves and the large number of guest contributions.

The duet with Tove Lo on Fun mixes electronic drums and acoustic guitars in a melancholic mid-tempo with lyrics alluding to a love that has just ended: ”don’t say it was all a waste, didn’t we have fun?” It’s followed by Kaleidoscope, a piano-driven rendition of Rumi’s Persian poem Guest House.

“Good old” Coldplay is still evident in the ballads Everglow and Amazing Day; the latter is the highlight of the album. A mix of Leonard Cohen and Frank Sinatra’s My Way, boasting a memorable guitar-riff, mellow piano and strings, this is Chris Martin at his best.

A Head Full of Dreams is a very colourful album. It’s their most pop, varied and radically different work to date; it’s intended to be the first chapter of their new course but it lacks a clear direction. This is perhaps due to the effect of producer duo Stargate who are used to arranging and co-writing singles (Rihanna, Katy Perry, Iggy Azalea) rather than long plays.

Bird, Adventure of a Lifetime and Army of One add substance with oblique vocals and daring sounds. The only low point is the hidden track X Marks the Spot, where there’s no trace of the band’s musical roots. Up&Up is the choral grand finale, featuring a Champagne Supernova-esque guitar solo from Noel Gallagher.

A Head Full of Dreams is diverse, kaleidoscopic and a slap in the face for the adulators of their first records.

Verdict: 4*/5*

X

One moment NME pisses on Coldplay, the next moment they praise them. I don't trust them =__=

Yeah, and let's not forget about pitchfork. They rated Mylo Xyloto higher than any coldplay album. I love Mylo Xyloto, but I don't think it's better than VLVODAAHF or AROBTTH.

Rolling Stone has been the most accurate for coldplay albums in my opinion, but I don't like their conservative bias. They only like to praise old artists.