✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

When will the North American tour of AHFOD happen?

diana42

North American tour will be in the second half of summer, July/August/September

Not sure about that. There are still missing a few places in europe. For example Italy, Portugal and France (since the european football championship is played there in June). I would bet on a 2nd european leg in late summer Aug. and Sept. to be able to play stadiums and North America after that.

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure about that. There are still missing a few places in europe. For example Italy, Portugal and France (since the european football championship is played there in June). I would bet on a 2nd european leg in late summer Aug. and Sept. to be able to play stadiums and North America after that.

I agree. Even early 2017. So sad...!

If you look at the tour schedule for the Mylo Tour, they did a lot of gigs in Europe in May/June 2012, before their U.S. tour from late June to early August. Then, they headed back to Europe for some gigs in late August and September. Yet, no gigs has been announced in Italy, Portugal and France, but my guess would be an U.S. tour before they are heading back to Europe - like how they did the last world tour. :)

Since the european tour ends in the beginning of July this time, we should expect them to come to the U.S. in late July/August/September. I would guess one more leg in Europe after that, and then some gigs in India and Australia - like how they ended the Mylo Tour in that part of the world.

But well, it's just a guess ... :)

• Like 1

For the North American tour, does anyone know if in the past they've played in Florida? Or even Georgia? I've never seen them live before and that's the only way I'd be able to go.

For the MX tour they played Tampa, Miami and Atlanta during the second North America leg.

For the Viva La Vida tour they came to Atlanta, Orlando and Sunrise as part of the first tour part and then to West Palm Beach and Atlanta again later in 2009. I'm very sure they will include Florida and maybe Georgia again.

Hope you get to see them! :)

i have a feeling there wont be many stadium shows in america. maybe in LA and NY, but the rest will be arenas.

Well, then I think they start their North American tour as fast as they can after the last European dates this summer! :)

LA suits me just fine as I´ll be here and as long as they play sometimes after March Im good! :D I cant wait for the tickets to be released, I still agree with someone mentioning they might be released around the Superbowl..it would make sense.

• 2 weeks later...
For the North American tour, does anyone know if in the past they've played in Florida? Or even Georgia? I've never seen them live before and that's the only way I'd be able to go.

I think they played in Charlotte, NC during the MX tour back in 2012. If that's close to you? :)

This is very important. I have just been informed that Coldplay may (most likely) have a concert in MAY at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena CA. I fundraise at the Rose Bowl and our leader told us we would be working for a concert, I immediately asked him who and said Coldplay. He said it would be around May or June, I believe it's May because June is already packed for concerts in Europe... Alongside the concert being in May, people on this topic have said they might have it after the Super Bowl because it's a promo for their tour (which I do agree with) so here you have it ROSE BOWL

• Like 4

This is very important. I have just been informed that Coldplay may (most likely) have a concert in MAY at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena CA. I fundraise at the Rose Bowl and our leader told us we would be working for a concert, I immediately asked him who and said Coldplay. He said it would be around May or June, I believe it's May because June is already packed for concerts in Europe... Alongside the concert being in May, people on this topic have said they might have it after the Super Bowl because it's a promo for their tour (which I do agree with) so here you have it ROSE BOWL

Holy moly! Amazing scoop. Thanks :D I should be back in Cali by May, so Im gonna grab the tickets for whenever they are in LA as soon as they are released.

I hope you somehow manage to see them, here or in Europe! Cuz I suspect they will take a very long hiatus until the next tour :/

Well it's looking bad so far - when they are in Europe I will still be in the US, and in the second half of 2016 I will be in Europe and they will probably be in the US...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

According to Forbes Magazine dated December 3:

Will The Super Bowl Halftime Performance Spark Demand For Coldplay Tickets? History Says Yes

More than two months remain before Super Bowl 50 takes over Santa Clara, but it appears that halftime show plans are already being finalized. British rockers Coldplay will reportedly take the headlining slot during the lavish February 7 affair at Levi’s Stadium, which follows the release of their upcoming record, A Head Full of Dreams, just three days prior.

960x0.jpg?fit=scale

Much like their Super Bowl predecessors, Coldplay is expected to announce an extended U.S. tour leg in conjunction with their larger-than-life performance, and that will likely boost ticket demand in the process. Such was the the case for Bruno Mars in 2014, whose “Moonshine Jungle Tour” saw a massive spike in ticket prices following his well-received performance at Super Bowl XLVIII. Mars’ heralded act in New Jersey, which also featured a cameo by the Red Hot Chili Peppers, garnered so many positive reviews that ticket prices increased exponentially on the secondary ticket market, which may prove to be the same case for Coldplay when they reveal U.S. and Canadian dates.

Katy Perry experienced a similar effect following her Super Bowl XLIX performance in Arizona last year. The “Dark Horse” singer was in the midst of her “Prismatic” World Tour last February and had three legs in Europe, Asia and South America remaining through the end of the year. Ticket prices in Europe ballooned after she rocked University of Phoenix Stadium, giving further assurance that a knockout performance will allow Coldplay tickets to jump in price as well.

Coldplay won’t take the stage without a bevy of fellow A-list talent either, which is typically the case for these halftime performances. The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Mars will join the Brit rock band and may even be joined by Beyonce, who is featured on a track on Coldplay’s new record.

As of early December, South American and European dates are the only plans on Coldplay’s tour itinerary. The band has not toured North America proper since the “Mylo Xyloto” Tour in 2012. According to TiqIQ, the average secondary market price for tickets across that tour was $256.85. Their “Ghost Stories” Tour last year made just eight stops in the U.S. with many being “secret” shows announced day-of.

Link- http://www.forbes.com/sites/jesselawrence/2015/12/03/will-the-super-bowl-halftime-performance-spark-demand-for-coldplay-tickets-history-says-yes/#120ff3fe5b2c34d023105b2c

I 100% agree. I don't think they could fill NFL stadiums in America.

What about smaller baseball stadiums? I can see them playing at Rogers Centre in Toronto instead of the Air Canada Center. It's obviously somewhat difficult to find suitable dates because the baseball season is in full swing in Jul-Sep all around the US.

I'm playing around with the idea of attending a concert or two in north america if the dates fit my calender. Any advive on where to go?

Toronto will probably be on top of my list followed by Boston and New York. Simply because flights to the east coast are usually the least expensive from europe. And they are probably great cities to visit in the summer month.