✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-02-07] Coldplay headlining Super Bowl 2016 - Confirmed

lol, yeah, Coldplay have nothing going for them this gig.

-they aren't females

-they're playing a genre that doesn't quite appeal

-their image amongst the football watching demographic is that of a 'gay' band, in a sport where homosexuality is heavily shunned.

I think their best move to gain some cheers is to grab Queen B and sing HFTW or RiRi for PoC

As far as I always understood, the Superbowl is a big gig in the States, way beyond the sport event, because so many people will be watching, not just the hardcore sport fans. The wide audience I guess is the reason this gig is so sought after, so I think they will be perfect because they are the biggest band in the world (as much as they try to deny it LOL) and Beyonce will join them :)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch that video in full screen and pay close attention to the papers on the table, they reveal at least parts of the setlist:

"Song 2: Adventure of a Lifetime".

"Song 3: Viva La Vida".

"Song 5?: Clocks | Uptown Funk | Beyonce"

probably crazy early and just an early draft of the set, but good catch!

Watch that video in full screen and pay close attention to the papers on the table, they reveal at least parts of the setlist:

"Song 2: Adventure of a Lifetime".

"Song 3: Viva La Vida".

"Song 5?: Clocks | Uptown Funk | Beyonce"

Crowd will be dead for Coldplay songs and then proceed to go crazy for Uptown Funk.

Did you know that football stadiums play crowd noise through the speakers during games to make booing noises when the opposing team does something good or cheering noises when the home team does something good? Well I imagine the sound people for the Super Bowl will be playing thise cheering noises the whole time to mask everyone out.

I didn't want them going for the reason that I feel they shouldn't be this kind of cheery catering-to-the-masses band - but the hate is all comin from the other side ! So many people hate it because they think Coldplay are too "boring" to them...

This is why we're the "best fans in the world" they will have our support it doesn't matter what genre they want to play.

Moreover, Coldplay is a band you either love or hate and that IMO means they're doing something good. Right now people who hate the band is talking and the ones who support them are just reading their hate, or at least that's what I'm doing. The band will let people talk as they plan their show. They're so immersed on the pop culture that they'll find the way to pleased the masses.

People will hear Viva and get into it right away. If they play ASFOS or Clocks or Paradise people will love it too. I'm not too worried for them. The hate they're getting right now is from a very vocal minority who want the artists they like to be playing instead.

No matter the opinions about it (and im no fan, I've never even watched it), it IS a huge gig and its gonna be a big deal for Coldplay and also a huge platform to show off the new songs as well. So its gonna be great! I cant wait to find out what choreography they are planning.

The whole Super Bowl is a commercial. Note how the next day, the topic isn't so much the game but the commercials

I know, and that is exactly why I dislike Coldplay headlining the Halftime show. Doesn't fit with my view of Coldplay (but yeah, I know, my view of Coldplay is antiquated).

They're so immersed on the pop culture that they'll find the way to pleased the masses.

I have not kept up to date on "what most people think of Coldplay" but I know they are the biggest band out there for a reason..there are enough people who buy their records hehe In the very beginning they were criticised for being too depressing or gay or whatever, then they were criticised and still are to some extent for being too earnest, but regardless of the critics the masses always loved them, all the way from Yellow through Clocks to Viva, Paradise, etc. I have no doubt they will " please the masses" as they always have done :)

I know, and that is exactly why I dislike Coldplay headlining the Halftime show. Doesn't fit with my view of Coldplay (but yeah, I know, my view of Coldplay is antiquated).

I get that point of view and I am no fan of commercial-filled shows, but as far as I can understand its quite an honour to be asked to play at the Superbowl, so I can understand them being excited about it.