✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-02-07] Coldplay headlining Super Bowl 2016 - Confirmed

This is the right era for them to do Superbowl (half-time)... they've never been this mainstream-sounding / popular, and they're finally achieving the sound and vastness + popularity that will allow them to do Superbowl without any issues... I know a lot of us miss the old sound, but hey, one of the perks are they will be able to do stuff like Superbowl, and the Olympics, etc and pull it off with acclaim :) I am glad for them in this!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they do a flawless performance, haters will claim it's staged or whatever. If they do full live and Chris screws up a chord or forgets a lyric, they'll bash them for that. Haters just gonna hate and hate and hate.

I really don't think the band would agree to this if they were told they have to fake everything. Coldplay doesn't need the super bowl, they can sell albums and sell out stadiums just fine without this.

Can I please point out my absolute hatred of using the word 'gay' as something negative. It just pisses me off so much and it shouldn't be a derogatory insult and we shouldn't be ashamed of a goddamn sexuality! I'm sorry but gay is not an adjective used to describe music it's a sexuality and not anything else!!

• Like 2

Can I please point out my absolute hatred of using the word 'gay' as something negative. It just pisses me off so much and it shouldn't be a derogatory insult and we shouldn't be ashamed of a goddamn sexuality! I'm sorry but gay is not an adjective used to describe music it's a sexuality and not anything else!!

Oh man, then stay away from the YouTube and Twitter comments.

they're finally achieving the sound and vastness + popularity that will allow them to do Superbowl without any issues...

Is this really a good thing though?

Coldplay now joining the ranks of such esteemed acts of musical prominence and profoundness such as:

• Justin Timberlake
  • LMFAO
  • Katy Perry
  • Niki Minaj
  • Madonna

:rolleyes:

Oh man, then stay away from the YouTube and Twitter comments.

*lol* Its a word used inappropriately I totally agree. Someone smart out there should invent a substitute word to convey the sentiment of "not masculine enough, too soft" or something? :)

I don't think it's that bad that they are doing this.

They get tons of hate and they will still get it wether they do the show or not. I believe coldplay knows now how to put on a good show and they will convince a lot of those who still think that "they are boring".

I just hope they don't bring out Rihanna to play POC...

Coldplay now joining the ranks of such esteemed acts of musical prominence and profoundness such as:

• Justin Timberlake
  • LMFAO
  • Katy Perry
  • Niki Minaj
  • Madonna

but don't forget,

• rolling stones
  • bruce springsteen
  • prince
  • u2
  • etc

played the super bowl too.

• Like 3

Eh, feminine?

Yeah that would be the obvious choice LOL But I guess thats exactly what people mean when they say gay, they mean "men with a lot of feminine attitude/vibes". And yes this is far from an accurate use of the word, but I do understand the sentiment behind it. I dont believe most people who use it are homophobic or anything like that. Some I am sure still are, but they are far and few in between imo.

but don't forget,

• rolling stones
  • bruce springsteen
  • prince
  • u2
  • etc

played the super bowl too.

Exactly. You can't just pick and choose just because it helps your arguement. Add Michael Jackson to the list. I don't think it's quite accurate to paint ALL the SB acts with one brush stroke.

Exactly. You can't just pick and choose just because it helps your arguement. Add Michael Jackson to the list. I don't think it's quite accurate to paint ALL the SB acts with one brush stroke.

and paul mccartney! just remembered.

• Justin Timberlake
  • LMFAO
  • Katy Perry
  • Niki Minaj
  • Madonna

I'm not here to judge who the band want to be / what they want to achieve... Mine's just a purely "enjoy their music and enjoy them as people where I can approach" while they are still around and do what they do - they won't always do things that I like / can relate to, and that's ok. As Chris says, feel free to leave it... but I respect them enough as people and a band I love to keep an open mind and be supportive in my approach. I also trust them enough as fully grown, emotionally mature and assured men to have enough judgement not to embarrass themselves in an irredeemable way as people... Tacky, yes; corny / tired, sometimes; but not behaving badly / in a damaging way to themselves / the people they care about... So on that note, they are free to do Superbowl if they wish... Good that they have things they still want to achieve, even if some fans don't approve. I'm just mindful that in the end they are still people and individuals with feelings behind that band, so try not to be too directly / overly critical in my approach

• Like 1