✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What would you change on AHFOD?

Kamili

I feel like some songs are kinda too short (if not, feel too short, like when you listen to them you're like 'wait, it's over already'?), like AHFOD or HFTW, or Army of One, they sound kinda abrupt. Maybe they could've padded it a bit, maybe with some more interesting bridges?

And I think this album kinda lacks a 'signature song', a song that feels climactic and a big hitter (like Yellow, Clocks, Fix You, VLV, Para/CB, and ASFOS). HFTW is the closest, but I think it's not 'big' enough, kinda like POC. Maybe they should've put in a song that feels like it 'defines' this era. A song big enough that I can imagine people starts to sing along from the beginning.

• Like 1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like some songs are kinda too short (if not, feel too short, like when you listen to them you're like 'wait, it's over already'?), like AHFOD or HFTW, or Army of One, they sound kinda abrupt. Maybe they could've padded it a bit, maybe with some more interesting bridges?

And I think this album kinda lacks a 'signature song', a song that feels climactic and a big hitter (like Yellow, Clocks, Fix You, VLV, Para/CB, and ASFOS). HFTW is the closest, but I think it's not 'big' enough, kinda like POC. Maybe they should've put in a song that feels like it 'defines' this era. A song big enough that I can imagine people starts to sing along from the beginning.

I heard PoC every day on the radio...

Well, I listend to new the album for the first time yesterday. After reading all this negative opinions in the internet, I was a bit sceptical and nervous, because I really wanted to like AHFOD. I've listened to Coldplay while I went by car. And all in all, I love AHFOD. Honestly. Of course, Coldplays new songs sound different than the old ones, but it's still cool.

weird not everyone hates he album alot of positive comments actually from atrl around 10:2 ratio I love that album and find it miles better to GS . I love Amazing day and everglow

Hymn for the weekend birds and everglow and amazing day are the signature tracks of this album. this album gives so much variety and the vocals man one of Chris best especially on army of one which BTW is my face song on the album.

• Like 1

-Fix the darn production on pretty much everything. For instance, boosting the mids on Up&Up and let it build more naturally from that sort of thin and empty sound it has into a rich, full sound like at the end of Glass of Water. Bring forward the last guitar solo, tweak the drumwork on the first half, etc.

-Make Chris rewrite literally all of his lyrics on Hymn, Amazing Day, Adventure (okay, he can keep the two "dream" lines), and Army of One.

-Get rid of X Marks the Spot

-As lennyrott mentioned, do something about the song flow. Between the disjointed themes and the songs that honestly bounce all over the place in terms of style, tempo, atmosphere, etc. this seems to be Coldplay's most "album made up of nothing but singles" yet. The Indian and '80s influences as the era was dawning seemed very promising, but other than the disco vibe on Adventure, none of them seemed to appear anywhere at all?

• Like 2

The album is pretty good IMO but it lacks one more song. It's one minute longer than MX and it however seems less "dense".

The album lacks a big hit song that would have made it memorable.

I would also change the tracklisting to improve the songs sequence.

Scratch my response. This is the correct answer :nod:

But I do love me some Up&Up. Longest hidden track ever? :awesome:

Nah I'd leave AHFOD on there too (and maybe rerecord Up&Up)

it seems like I'm the only one in this forum that doesn't like Up&Up. To me it seems too long and I don't know what it tries to accomplish with that second guitar solo. If it tries to sound better by just being longer and adding more guitars to it, it fails to impress me.

But of course it's not a bad song, but it drags on forever without having any spike or exciting melodic things happening :thinking:

• Like 1

WHAT SHOULD BE CHANGED:

- Army Of One should have never been recorded, if anything they should throw it into a garbage compactor:P

- X Marks The Spot should be burned.

- Hymn For The Weekend should be drained of its mainstream and of its Beyonce. Or in this case drained off the album;)

- Everglow needs to have more guitar, less mainstream. Or just put it as a B Side.

- Make it so Up&Up sounds like the live version.

- Get Stargate fired off the planet:P

WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE TO MAKE THE ALBUM A GEM:

- Replace Army Of One ENTIRELY with a Like Spinning Plates style song, make it quite ambient but also quite experimental. This could be the darker song on the album, but at the end there is a small instrumental that reopens the light (replaces XMTS).

- Hymn could be replaced by another AOAL of the album with a disco-rock vibe, cause it would make sense;)

- Everglow could be taken off the album and put aside in favour of a colourful but insightful piano ballad song, without the sappiness. And with MORE guitar, so it builds up at the end to a kick-ass guitar solo, kind of like in Paranoid Android:D

- Like I Said, Up&Up Needs To Be Less Stargate-ed.

- Recruit Jon Hopkins and Brian Eno for the production and strings.

- More Ambience In The Production!!!!

- More Radiohead style influence!

- More of a Midnight style bonus track!

...and we're done here folks:vuvuzela:

• Like 2

http://instagram.com/sendtrumptothemoon

We should make something similar to this, but for Stargate. emoji48.png

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*Space Shuttle 401 will be blasting off soon, final call for Stargate to board Space Shuttle 401*

lmao imagine what they'd do to the moon.

"Who overproduced the moon?"

or they have to audition the moon before they can go :lol:

(no hate here)

• Like 4

no vocoder on army of one!!! what a pity for such a good song

kaleidoscope / x marks the spot /color spectrum are pointless, they wrote plenty of songs and they filled the album with that.. bah!

and a tracklist like this why not...

A Head Full Of Dreams

Hymn For The Weekend

Everglow

Army Of One

Birds

Fun

Adventure Of A Lifetime

Miracles

Amazing Day

Up&Up

• Like 1

I just want the songs on the cd - not the other stuff ( poem etc).

I don't like 'X marks the Spot' but enjoy all the others.

As CP keep saying this is the album they've always wanted to make, I think we should respect their decisions. All artists change as they grow and develop. They can't stand still and be the same for ever.