Round 6: Trouble vs Adventure Of Lifetime

Round 7: High Speed vs Army Of One

Round 8: We Never Change vs Amazing Day

Round 9: Everything's Not Lost vs Up&Up

for me :

AHFOD : 7

Parachutes : 2

what's yours ?

I took a short look at the list and quickly concluded this is hopeless haha Parachutes is a wonderful album (actually I am off to listening to it again LOL).

The two albums have such different moods I think it´d be unfair of me to even put them against each other. But good thread for anyone who can :)

• Like 1

I won't answer to it because each album is different but what caught my attention is the relation between round 1, 8 and 9. I think they have similar messages in terms of how Chris see the world when he was younger and now that he's almost 40. Especially We Never Change and Amazing Day have the idea of how someone wanted life in the past and how it's lived now. I believe this is part of the cycle Chris has been talking about.

• Like 1

Round 1: Don't Panic vs A Head Full Of Dreams (Close)

Round 2: Shiver vs Birds

Round 3:Spies vs Fun

Round 4: Sparks vs Everglow (So close! I must admit.)

Round 5: Yellow vs Hymn For The Weekend

Round 6: Trouble vs Adventure Of A Lifetime

Round 7: High Speed vs Army Of One (Making a Comeback!)

AHFOD: 6

Parachutes: 3

It's interesting, because I do this between differing albums all the time. Surprised I didn't come up with it earlier... :D

Round 1: Don't Panic vs A Head Full Of Dreams

Round 3: Spies vs Fun

Round 4: Sparks vs Everglow

Round 6: Trouble vs Adventure Of A Lifetime (very close)

AHFOD: 4

Parachutes: 5

Round 1:Don't Panic vs A Head Full of Dreams

Round 6: Trouble vs Adventure of a Lifetime

Round 7: High Speed vs Army of One

AHFOD: 1

Parachutes: 8

• Like 1

Round 1:Don't Panic vs A Head Full of Dreams

Round 6: Trouble vs Adventure of a Lifetime

Round 7: High Speed vs Army of One

AHFOD: 1

Parachutes: 8

+1

Round 1:Don't Panic vs A Head Full Of Dreams

Round 7: High Speed vs Army Of One (lol two of my least favorite Coldplay songs, how fitting)

Round 9: Everything's Not Lost vs Up&Up (don't make me choose gah. U&U wins only because Noel Gallagher)

. . . Well I guess that's a good way to break the tie in my album rankings

Parachutes: 7

AHFoD: 2

Round 1:Don't Panic vs A Head Full Of Dreams

Round 2: Shiver vs Birds (Shiver is my second favorite Coldplay song of all time and Birds is my favorite song from AHFOD)

Round 10: Parachutes vs. X Marks the Spot

AHFOD: 4

Parachutes: 6

Round 1: Don't Panic vs A Head Full Of Dreams (By a long shot)

Round 6: Trouble vs Adventure Of Lifetime (Very close)

Round 9: Everything's Not Lost vs Up&Up (Very close)

for me :

AHFOD : 6

Parachutes : 3

I must say I get a bit of a chuckle from the posts claiming AOAL is better than Trouble :rolleyes:

WTF are you talking about Trouble is so boring I couldn't even get through the first minute ! I really love those gorillas that dance when they play AOAL and OMG Chris is so hot did you see his sexy moves CHRIZZZ4EVER I love you Chris you're YOU'RE MY SKY FULL OF STARS a head full of dreams is like the best album ever !!

• Like 1

WTF are you talking about Trouble is so boring I couldn't even get through the first minute ! I really love those gorillas that dance when they play AOAL and OMG Chris is so hot did you see his sexy moves CHRIZZZ4EVER I love you Chris you're YOU'RE MY SKY FULL OF STARS a head full of dreams is like the best album ever !!

you really act like a music nazi or something .. why can't you handle the fact that everyone tastes in musics isn't the same as yours ? at least respect other people's opinion everyone has their own style of music and what they like might not be the same as what you like

remember this Music taste is subjective. he likes what he likes and you like what you like

you really act like a music nazi or something .. why can't you handle the fact that everyone tastes in musics isn't the same as yours ? at least respect other people's opinion everyone has their own style of music and what they like might not be the same as what you like

remember this Music taste is subjective. he likes what he likes and you like what you like

It's subjective to a point. Why are some albums held up as classics and some discarded and never listened to again, because there's differences in quality that's why. AHFOD isn't a good album and won't be remembered in 5 or 10 years time or held up and cited unlike VLV, Parachutes and AROBTTH. AHFOD is throwaway.

It's subjective to a point. Why are some albums held up as classics and some discarded and never listened to again, because there's differences in quality that's why. AHFOD isn't a good album and won't be remembered in 5 or 10 years time or held up and cited unlike VLV, Parachutes and AROBTTH. AHFOD is throwaway.

ok hold up as classics by whom ? who decides those things ?

if it by the band themselves ok then A Sky Full Of stars is it on it way to become on of Coldplay classic ..

• Like 1

ok hold up as classics by whom ? who decides those things ?

if it by the band themselves ok then A Sky Full Of stars is it on it way to become on of Coldplay classic ..

By the general public, voted for in music lists etc. There's plenty of published "best albums of all time".

In general the best albums will also sell well and have longevity in the charts (although that's not always the case). You can see this the way GS fell away in the charts. You can also see this the way The Beatles for example are still selling 50years on.

In 5, 10, 20 years time noone will be citing AHFOD as an album that inspired them or a great album.

Again subjective some of the site won't consider any of Coldplay Albums as the best of all time or at least they saw some other musics I'm sure you will not find it as great as AHFOD as the best of all time .. also for the record the Grammy award accolade by National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences and consider MX , GS as the best of it own genre that's like a massive opinion if you really care of what others think but i don't care , if i like a music i will enjoy it if not i will respect who ever does

Again subjective some of the site won't consider any of Coldplay Albums as the best of all time or at least they saw some other musics I'm sure you will not find it as great as AHFOD as the best of all time .. also for the record the Grammy award accolade by National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences and consider MX , GS as the best of it own genre that's like a massive opinion if you really care of what others think but i don't care , if i like a music i will enjoy it if not i will respect who ever does

I'd suggest you're blinded by your love of the band. Objectively, it's a major decline in quality.

Your post is wrong on so many levels. First off, didn't you get that my response to The Adversary was entirely sarcastic and I was actually agreeing on what he said ? I thought it was obvious the way I wrote it !

Second, I'm tired of hearing stupid things like Nazi comparisons all the time, and I don't care if they are made by Newplayers or Oldplayers (and I have heard them from both !). They are just very stupid remarks to make. Were you looking for an insult to throw at me ? If so, better read up on Nazism and then go look for a different insult !

And lastly, I couldn't help noticing that your recent posts have become especially aggressive and insulting. Unpleasant development, eh ?

im not blinded by the bend , i grow up listening to U2 and Michael jackson .. I'm really in love with U2 musics and my favorite song of all time is bad from them so yeah my mind is open wide to the other genres :D

i often come to this from when a new album is about to come .. believe me you won't see me in the future :D never been addicted to Coldplay or attempt to go to tour or obsessed with them all years long so Believe me I'm not Fanboy and never will be