✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplaying Listening Party

I ran away

I always stop listening to the AROBTTH album after the song AROBTTH, it's a better closer than Amsterdam imho. I don't like the first part half of Amsterdam, I have to admit. An unpopular opinion, I know :p

Well, I have to admit, we share the same opinions then :D

(But I think that I like the song a little more lately)

• Like 2

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's a slow build but i love it. 100% worth it for me

AROBTTH would be such an outlier as a closer to a CP album. there's always a song that's at least vaguely optimistic :p

But AROBTTH does end on a peaceful and calm note, right ?

• Like 2

@coldplayisawesome - It may be a thing of interpretation, but I always used that song when I was upset or angry and it would transfom my anger and soak it up and leave me much calmer !

And that is the end of the Listening Repeat Party ! Make sure you vote in the polls for the next one in April ! Thanks for being here tonight with us !

• Like 2

What an amazing listening party guys :D thanks for hosting another repeat party, I appreciate it from the other side of the world. Time to eat though lol

Yeah, it was a nice experience with all of you in here. Looking forward to the next listening party ! Haha, have a nice meal :yum:p

• Like 1

@coldplayisawesome - It may be a thing of interpretation, but I always used that song when I was upset or angry and it would transfom my anger and soak it up and leave me much calmer !

i definitely see what you mean about leaving the song with a sense of calm and i think in terms of the music that fits

lyrically, i've always had trouble connecting this song to an abstract scenario and so when i listen to it i tend to envision this cinematic scene of some guy getting so upset about something that he literally burns down a building while his also upset (but in a sad, not angry way) friend is there with him

by the end of the song the deed is done and maybe he feels a bit better but he hasn't faced the consequences yet, the cops are only just showing up on the scene... listen, i watch a lot of movies and tv :joy:

but i guess for me the song ends with maybe someone feeling better but not having necessarily actually dealt with their problems

relating it back to other album closers, those songs tend to have specific lyrics about their current situations turning around or there being hope for the future. i think you could definitely still argue the same for AROBTTH but it's a slightly longer stretch for me

• Like 1

i definitely see what you mean about leaving the song with a sense of calm and i think in terms of the music that fits

lyrically, i've always had trouble connecting this song to an abstract scenario and so when i listen to it i tend to envision this cinematic scene of some guy getting so upset about something that he literally burns down a building while his also upset (but in a sad, not angry way) friend is there with him

by the end of the song the deed is done and maybe he feels a bit better but he hasn't faced the consequences yet, the cops are only just showing up on the scene... listen, i watch a lot of movies and tv :joy:

but i guess for me the song ends with maybe someone feeling better but not having necessarily actually dealt with their problems

relating it back to other album closers, those songs tend to have specific lyrics about their current situations turning around or there being hope for the future. i think you could definitely still argue the same for AROBTTH but it's a slightly longer stretch for me

I understand now what you mean. I "see" songs like that in a more abstract way, so I don't visualize a scene such as you described and the song gives me a different, broader feeling.

• Like 1