✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplaying Listening Party

I ran away

***Moderator's Note*** @Jedi Leo was the original owner of the thread. Since he is not on the forums for the time being, @I ran away is the new, current owner of the thread.

So I thought...would it not be great to be able to listen to a Coldplay album from start to finish simultaneous with fellow Coldplayers, so we can geek, comment each track and share in real time ?

COLDPLAY LISTENING PARTY THREAD

The idea is that we pick a Coldplay album and a date and time where we all listen to it together. Then we can use this thread to chat about it in real time (another marvellous opportunity to increase post counts btw LOL). Initially we can choose albums, but then we can choose for example a marathon of Coldplay piano ballads or rock tunes or specific themed songs or live concerts :)

The sky is the limit! :dance:

General Instructions:

* Synchronise the hour following this link. At the chime of the clock at the noted time we all click play and start listening to the album in its chronological order (or the playlist order listed on the event).

* There may be a 15 minutes break between albums or at an agreed point

*During the listening just post away! We will chat, exchange comments and just share the experience as we listen to each song together!

* Tip: Use keyboard shortcuts to reload the page quickly and keep up with all the geeking going on! :)

LIST OF EVENTS (newest on top)

Live 2012

Audio of the DVD of "Live 2012" including bonus tracks The Scientist and DLIBYH added into the setlist

Date: Saturday, April 22, 2017, 4 pm CET/10 am EDT

Participants: @coldplayisawesome @flockofbirds222 @Nie @anthamic @alisbe @iamsue @I ran away

Live 2003 Repeat Party

Audio of the DVD "Live 2003"

10 mins break after Track 10 "Everything's Not Lost"

Date: Saturday, March 25, 2017, Midnight CET/7pm EST

Participants: @karvi22 @iamsue @antdrew @Gideon_Mx @coldplayisawesome @I ran away

March 2017: Live 2003

Audio of the DVD "Live 2003"

10 mins break after Track 10 "Everything's Not Lost"

Date: Saturday, March 19, 2017, 10 pm CET

Participants: @Nie @flockofbirds222 @alisbe @ARushOfDreamsToMyHead @coldplayisawesome @I ran away

Unreleased Songs Playlist - Repeat Party

Unreleased Songs Playlist

Coldplay Christmas Songs Playlist

Pre-Parachutes EP's

Date: Saturday 29 October, 11 AM EDT

Parachutes

Date: Sunday 8 May, 11 AM EST/3 PM GMT

Participants: @alicjanna, @alisbe, @AMDB9, @anthamic, @flockofbirds222, @guy42, @I ran away, @megantheprospekt, @Mexima, and @Nie

X & Y (studio album) (2nd party)

Date: Saturday 2 April, 8 PM EST/12 AM PST

Participants: @alisbe @anthamic @iamsue @I ran away @The Adversary

* 15 minutes break after song "X&Y"

* Twisted Logic CD version (skip the silence at 4:32)

X & Y (studio album)

Date: Saturday 6 Febuary, 9 PM GMT/1 PM PST

Participants: @alisbe @AMDB9 @anthamic @cp3176 @flockofbirds222 @Gideon_Mx @iamsue @Jedi Leo @shelzie74

* 15 minutes break after song "X&Y"

* Twisted Logic CD version (skip the silence at 4:32)

Viva La Vida + Prospekt´s March

Date: Saturday 9 January, 9 pm PST

Participants: @alisbe @AMDB9 @anthamic @cp3176 @gai @I ran away @Jedi Leo

Favourite moments chart:

* We all synchronised from different parts of the globe

* Geeking with a fellow Coldplay geek and liking the same part of the song at the same time

* Old and Newplayers sharing loving vibes for a change :)

* Singing the Viva chant together, discovering new songs anecdotes and tidbits

• Like 7

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Count me in! Never done this before, so I'm curious to see how it goes.

Sent from my Death Star using Tapatalk

Ive never done it either! Honestly I dont know anyone IRL who is a real Coldplayer. I kind always wanted to listen to an album and geek with a fellow fan...Im thinking during the listening time we can turn this thread into a chat and just post away as we listen simultaneously, like a convo :)

• Like 3

Same for me... :-/

Same... :(

Ive never done it either! Honestly I dont know anyone IRL who is a real Coldplayer. I kind always wanted to listen to an album and geek with a fellow fan...Im thinking during the listening time we can turn this thread into a chat and just post away as we listen simultaneously, like a convo :)

Yeah that's a cool idea :) Thisll be exciting :D

^Same for me! My friends really only know VLV, Paradise and ASFOS.

Sent from my Death Star using Tapatalk

Yeah same here! I always wanted to listen to a Coldplay song with someone else who would notice the tiny little details and had the same enthusiasm as me :)

We should all just raid the "What are you listening to?" thread when we start haha

LOL I hope we will be too busy geeking and posting in here hehe :sneaky::loveshower:

• Like 1

I doubt any fan from Europe will be as hardcore as to wake up at 5 am on a weekend to listen to Viva...

LOL I thought you were in Europe? :) But thats why I welcome more suggestions about the time. We will see. Depends how many people will take part, we will try and make it fit so as to accommodate the most

LOL I thought you were in Europe? :) But thats why I welcome more suggestions about the time. We will see. Depends how many people will take part, we will try and make it fit so as to accommodate the most

Since two days I'm back in the US !

• Like 1