✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplaying Listening Party

I ran away

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let's just say i've had experience with young men who think they are entitled to your affection simply because they want it and are vaguely nice to you and they feel sorry for themselves because maybe they are "loser" or "nerdy" types who didn't get the girls in high school and have little sense of self-worth because of that... and so when i listen to Shiver i just get that sense again. like, you'll always be waiting for me? please no i already said i don't want you waiting for meo_Oo_Oo_O

but that's just me partly projecting onto the song, so please still feel free to like the song and its lyrical content if you want :p

Ha, so that "I had a crush on Brooke" story in the "Have you ever...." thread is true then ? :joy:

Look, I know this problem, I had an online stalker once for several years who kept messaging me on Facebook and later on Twitter and an email adress he found, picked photos from me off the internet, modified them in Photoshop and even made a fake Facebook account in my name with my profile picture ! Stalking is creepy as hell and annoying !!

But I didn't get that vibe from Shiver. Songs like that are about one's inner feelings, often lyrically exaggerated, and I think everyone is entitled to their feelings. Doesn't mean Chris was a stalker or something.

• Like 3

Ha, so that "I had a crush on Brooke" story in the "Have you ever...." thread is true then ? :joy:

Look, I know this problem, I had an online stalker once for several years who kept messaging me on Facebook and later on Twitter and an email adress he found, picked photos from me off the internet, modified them in Photoshop and even made a fake Facebook account in my name with my profile picture ! Stalking is creepy as hell and annoying !!

But I didn't get that vibe from Shiver. Songs like that are about one's inner feelings, often lyrically exaggerated, and I think everyone is entitled to their feelings. Doesn't mean Chris was a stalker or something.

oh geez, that is really creepy! i'm sorry you had to go through that :|

i had the misfortune to know these guys in person and to be friends with them so they could bug me about it all the time :D:rolleyes:

and i think definitely to call this kind of person i've had experience with a stalker is incorrect. just someone who needs to mature a little more and realize what it actually means to care about someone :)

• Like 1