✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hymn for the Weekend - video

gai

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being Indian, I feels good to see a video clearly celebrates and appreciates my culture, traditions and people. You can see they have embraced that by their stage layout!

I enjoyed watching the video too because of the "glimpse of India" :) We tend to hear all the bad stuff about what happens over there and not enough about the good things. Nice to see that and all the wonderful colours :)

• Like 2

.....and here it is - at last !

Really enjoyed the whole thing... especially the colours, but , as others have said, I don't think it actually reflects the lyrics.

Neither does Birds imo...or Adventure or ASFOS hehe They kinda have this tendency of making the video sometimes totally "its own thing", apart from the song in many ways

Neither does Birds imo...or Adventure or ASFOS hehe They kinda have this tendency of making the video sometimes totally "its own thing", apart from the song in many ways

Yes - very true. We mustn't try to read anything into them other than sheer enjoyment.

• Like 1

Yes - very true. We mustn't try to read anything into them other than sheer enjoyment.

Thats also why I don't like many Coldplay videos. I don't like most of them I guess hehe PoC, ETIAW, Christmas Lights come to mind as some I like, precisely because they are in tune (no pun intended hehe) with the song theme.

Thats also why I don't like many Coldplay videos. I don't like most of them I guess hehe PoC, ETIAW, Christmas Lights come to mind as some I like, precisely because they are in tune (no pun intended hehe) with the song theme.

I like the Clocks and Speed Of Sound video the most because I think they perfectly portray the song (IMO).

Great video! Loved the cinematography and the editing. Especially that part where the old man in the projector room rolls the film on the beat; that was lovely!

This video makes me feel good and bad at the same time. Good, because it's a great video; and bad, because I was SO close to meeting the band :(

I really hope they come down to india for a gig. I'll go bonkers and spam the forum with a never-ending "whaaaaa...aaaaaat"

This video makes me feel good and bad at the same time. Good, because it's a great video; and bad, because I was SO close to meeting the band

Awww sorry to hear that :/ So close yet so far!

I guess Im a weird breed of Coldplay fan because I truly have no desire to meet any of them haha I mean I love them and they are great guys and if I happened upon them I´d stop and exchange a few words and thank them for the awesome music, but I honestly have a much greater desire to attend the concert and have a great seat than to meet them . Do I win the weird award? Maybe LOL

• Like 1

Chris looks like he´s being filmed slightly slow motion. His movements are well...they look like he´s drunk and high haha Which fits perfectly of course

That can be an explanation. :)

The moment when he has his head out of the cab and turns around (about 2:56) is just so hilarious. :D

• Like 1

Awww sorry to hear that :/ So close yet so far!

I guess Im a weird breed of Coldplay fan because I truly have no desire to meet any of them haha I mean I love them and they are great guys and if I happened upon them I´d stop and exchange a few words and thank them for the awesome music, but I honestly have a much greater desire to attend the concert and have a great seat than to meet them . Do I win the weird award? Maybe LOL

Naah, I think even I'd definitely prefer watching them at a concert over meeting them; but at the same time, meeting coldplay is quite surely on my bucket list.

That can be an explanation. :)

The moment when he has his head out of the cab and turns around (about 2:56) is just so hilarious. :D

They did that for the fix you video too. I think they play the song at a lightly fast tempo while shooting so that they can slow it down later in beat with the actual song, to make it look cool and all that.

• Like 1

Guest diogo_sg

This is one of my favourite visuals in the whole video. It's dazzling! The colours, the movements (in the video, obviously), everything! It makes me shiver :bliss:

Naah, I think even I'd definitely prefer watching them at a concert over meeting them; but at the same time, meeting coldplay is quite surely on my bucket list.

You get a slightly less weird award than mine hehe Meeting them is definitely not on my bucket list, but I don't know...I have a feeling one day I will anyway haha Sometimes things happen to you exactly because you don't expect them *lol* On my first trip to London I was walking somewhere in Northern London cuz I heard Noel lived there and I was 15 so he was one of my idols and boom he pops up in front of me in the middle of the street haha And I had nothing ready: no photo to sign no nothing! So yeah life is full of surprises!

Guest diogo_sg

Just a thought: at the end of the AOAL music video, you can hear some birds and see some (Indian?) temples in the background. HFTW's music video starts with bird sounds and inside an Indian temple. It seems like this video is meant to follow AOAL's in some way. What do you think?

You get a slightly less weird award than mine hehe Meeting them is definitely not on my bucket list, but I don't know...I have a feeling one day I will anyway haha Sometimes things happen to you exactly because you don't expect them *lol* On my first trip to London I was walking somewhere in Northern London cuz I heard Noel lived there and I was 15 so he was one of my idols and boom he pops up in front of me in the middle of the street haha And I had nothing ready: no photo to sign no nothing! So yeah life is full of surprises!

Whoa! that's awesome! :O