✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hymn for the Weekend - video

gai

Guest diogo_sg
This is 100% what I do, too. And everybody should do it as well, because most of the times people forget this is music we are talking about. Music. Not some kind of life changing political decisions or religious war matters, only freaking sounds to listen to IF you like them.

Glad to hear and I couldn't agree more. Music is art. Art can either be liked or not and both sides must be respected. That's it. End of story ;)

that's great! i run into a lot of it, because i use social media to get the latest coldplay news. so i see a lot of it. but i do avoid it when i know the backlash is going to be huge.

I use social media to get Coldplay news too, but the moment my spidey sense starts tingling about some stuff I might not enjoy, I take a step back or go straight ahead without caring (it's usually the latter) :)

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me A Head Full Of Dreams perfectly fits in this video and I would watch this video endlessly if it was AHFOD because those colors, naturality and energy remind me of that song. But it`s still perfect, so lifting, natural and alive.. Thank you again, Coldplay! :angel:

• Like 2

For me A Head Full Of Dreams perfectly fits in this video and I would watch this video endlessly if it was AHFOD because those colors, naturality and energy remind me of that song. But it`s still perfect, so lifting, natural and alive.. Thank you again, Coldplay! :angel:

I completely agree! I was under the assumption that it WAS AHFOD when it was being filmed, so the MV feels kinda off for me... although it is superbly done.

Actually, I was planning to re-cut the video to try and fit the AHFOD track! Anyone want to see it when I finish?

• Like 5

I completely agree! I was under the assumption that it WAS AHFOD when it was being filmed, so the MV feels kinda off for me... although it is superbly done.

Actually, I was planning to re-cut the video to try and fit the AHFOD track! Anyone want to see it when I finish?

that would somehow be interesting to watch (please cut all Beyonce scenes as well)

• Like 1

Yeah, just show it! I`m saaad because they didn`t choose AHFOD for the video and while watching the video I constantly hear AHFOD in my head...I can`t help it :anxious: I hope to get used to HFTW because the video is beautiful and I want to watch it as much as I can.

BTW, have you noticed the BIRDS again in the video? :) Seems like the presence of the birds just go together with Coldplay! (Or with Chris, that must have been his idea) :clap:

• Like 1

Yeah, just show it! I`m saaad because they didn`t choose AHFOD for the video and while watching the video I constantly hear AHFOD in my head...I can`t help it :anxious: I hope to get used to HFTW because the video is beautiful and I want to watch it as much as I can.

BTW, have you noticed the BIRDS again in the video? :) Seems like the presence of the birds just go together with Coldplay! (Or with Chris, that must have been his idea) :clap:

Someone should try mixing all the bird songs together haha

• Like 2

I have a technical question for you guys, why are the band playing instruments in the video? The song is an electronic/R&B fusion with no drums, base or guitars in the instrumentation. They admit they don't want to be a rock band anymore so why, and more specifically what are they playing with their instruments in the video?

I have a technical question for you guys, why are the band playing instruments in the video? The song is an electronic/R&B fusion with no drums, base or guitars in the instrumentation. They admit they don't want to be a rock band anymore so why, and more specifically what are they playing with their instruments in the video?

What?? The guitar is there in Hymn, drums too, bass I did not listen specifically for that but i don't see why it shud not be there...you don't assume they just stand without instruments when playing it live? :)

• Like 1

first of all, there are real instruments in there (for the record, i'm with you about production. to put it mildly, most of the production is sub par this era, among some other things). secondly, guitar, base and drums are not licensed out only to be used by rock bands. even rappers, r&b artists, etc are backed by live bands playing these very instruments. third, they can do what ever they want. it's their music/mv. fourth, let's not be so uppity about it ;)

• Like 3

Yeah, I really see: a progress of Guy's bass lines in AHFOD compared to Mx. Isn't it?

There´s almost no comparison. He is I think 400% more present and just everywhere on AHFOD. But I think this about Jonny too and the percussions on AHFOD I think are more diverse than on any other albums going anywhere from glasses to weird exotic bridge to cymbals...you name it *LOL*

Maybe its also one of the reason this album is becoming my favorite...they are really all just more MORE :)

• Like 1

the percussions on AHFOD I think are more diverse than on any other albums going anywhere from glasses to weird exotic bridge to cymbals

to me that would be viva although guy didn't shine through as he does in some tracks in ahfod.

to me that would be viva although guy didn't shine through as he does in some tracks in ahfod.

In terms of percussion you mean? Yes Viva had a lot of diversity too ( the beginning of the rich percussion era, not only rock hehe). But I think AHFOD kinda collects it all: from electronic to more classic rock to pop to funky, etc

Im not a youtube subscriber, and Im especially happy not to be seeing the comments to this video. People have nothing better to do than being pc...also its completely idiotic how people of OTHER cultures are telling indians how they should feel about this *LOL* I don't know anyone who would feel offended by someone else wearing your culture´s clothes or else. I would also see it as an homage and I´d be delighted.

Glad to see many people calling this bs though. This girl tells it as it is...

Dear people who are not Indian , ( if you're complaining about the video) How about you let us Indians feel if we are offended or not. How about we decide for ourselves what we think. Btw were not offended at all, we are impressed that a person like Beyoncé is in this video. Stop saying its a disgrace to our culture because a African American is wearing Indian clothes. We love that Beyoncé is trying something different .

• Like 5