✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hymn for the Weekend - video

gai

I watched the video on my phone on the way home from work, so I may not have taken in all the details yet, but here is my first impression:

1. not half as cringeworthy as I feared it would be; actually quite well cut and feels very lively and animated or as they say, "life-affirming"

2. too little of the band is visible

3. For Heaven's Sake, why can't Beyonce for once wear a decent outfit (and I particularly mean that dress where she has a crown and a background of flowers); especially in an Indian culture-related video where it was obvious a "cultural" backlash was gonna come their way (not judging the backlash here for right or wrong; I'd have to be Indian to judge.). One of the reasons I liked Coldplay is that unlike many, many contemporary "artists" they don't need to feature scantily clad women in their videos in order to sell their music. I don't wanna see it in a COLDPLAY video too now.

=> First impression in short: first line of Crests Of Waves "It could be worse, (it could for example have been like the POC video)...."

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the video. It's so colorful which goes well with the album's concept. The way Beyonce appears in the video is good and I like her outfit and the background, especially when we can see the use of kaleidoscopes, I guess we'll see that more often in their videos and live shows.

• Like 3

3. For Heaven's Sake, why can't Beyonce for once wear a decent outfit (and I particularly mean that dress where she has a crown and a background of flowers); especially in an Indian culture-related video where it was obvious a "cultural" backlash was gonna come their way (not judging the backlash here for right or wrong; I'd have to be Indian to judge.). One of the reasons I liked Coldplay is that unlike many, many contemporary "artists" they don't need to feature scantily clad women in their videos in order to sell their music. [/i]

I must disagree here. Beyoncé is completely totally covered so I'm not sure where you see the "scantily clad". What because you can see her cleavage? She's a woman newsflash and a beautiful one too. I totally agree that some artists oversexualize to sell: Miley cirus and her cringeworthy performances or Justin bieber (he doesn't know what a t shirt is) but sorry Beyoncé here is not the case. Showing a beautiful woman in an elegant way is not a bad thing. Sexuality and sensuality are not bad things! It's when they are overdone that's the problem (like anything else overdone really)

I was actually pleased to see how curvy and natural Beyoncé is and not afraid to show it instead of going the super thin route. kudos to her for maintaining and promoting a realistic woman figure.

I agree about the rest of the band not featuring in many shots but I guess they prioritized showing the Indian culture. I especially liked the slow motion scenes of kids dancing or when they jumped in the water! :)

• Like 6

I must disagree here. Beyoncé is completely totally covered so I'm not sure where you see the "scantily clad". What because you can see her cleavage? She's a woman newsflash and a beautiful one too. I totally agree that some artists oversexualize to sell: Miley cirus and her cringeworthy performances or Justin bieber (he doesn't know what a t shirt is) but sorry Beyoncé here is not the case. Showing a beautiful woman in an elegant way is not a bad thing. Sexuality and sensuality are not bad things! It's when they are overdone that's the problem (like anything else overdone really)

I was actually pleased to see how curvy and natural Beyoncé is and not afraid to show it instead of going the super thin route. kudos to her for maintaining and promoting a realistic woman figure.

I agree about the rest of the band not featuring in many shots but I guess they prioritized showing the Indian culture. I especially liked the slow motion scenes of kids dancing or when they jumped in the water! :)

Me too!! the slow motion scenes of kids dancing and jumping in the water, for me, highlights the "carefree" and "living life to the fullest" theme of AHFOD and Hymn.. the director did a great job indeed!

• Like 1